View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:45 am



Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
I agree that there will be repercussions, but to assume that there isn't corruption in the political system is just living in bliss. Who's to say that we won't some day vote in a guy that is comparable to Hitler? It's possible...these guys are pieces of garbage in it for the money. I don't think it's unAmerican to call out a President, especially if he starts spouting off propaganda and starting wars....


Think what you want about Obama, but let's not re-write history. Barack Obama did not start any of the wars this country is in right now.

And he is not the first to use "propaganda" as you call it. It's called a press secretary, and every president since Eisenhower has had one.

Of course there is corruption in the political systems. It's a problem on both sides of the aisle. As I said in my earlier post, Obama is not an evil man. He just disagrees with you. I think we can all agree Hitler is an evil man. Therefore, comparing Obama and Hitler is just silly.


I never even insinuated that Obama was the first to use propaganda. I never said Obama started any wars...I was speaking generally. However, Obama did get us into the conflict in Libya.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3823
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
I say we take all these people who make these boneheaded comments or do boneheaded things , whether they are entertainers or politicians & really punish them. Stick them behind the Dolphin offensive line for a set of downs ... passing downs.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Rich wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Either way... freedom of speech has consequences... I don't feel the "drama" as some call it is going too far.


Did you even see the comments when he made them?

No, you heard it in the media and based on the context you've been fed, you've made a judgement.

THAT is what is wrong with this country. People being swayed by soundbites rather than facts.


Yeah clearly that only happens in this country... PLEASE.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:23 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Even if Hitler was elected, there is no way he/it could do what Hitler did. Our government is set up that way.


Guantanamo Bay? Heck, even during the 40's the US set up its own concentration camps for Asians. What about the extermination of Native Americans?
Right now they are suppressing gays (although progress is being made). We're a world power that is policing everyone and saying that everyone should do what we do, or else.
Pretty sure that was the rhetoric of Nazi Germany. People look at Nazi Germany as some sort of fictional tale, but this stuff is happening every day, we just choose to believe that the Nazis were the only true evil because of what we've been taught and how the media has portrayed it...it's become cliche even.



What about Guantanamo Bay? It's a place where people who have committed atrocities against the people of the United States and all of humanity are held.

The internment camps set up by the United States in the 40s, while disgusting and bigoted, were nothing like German concentration camps. I don't recall 5 million Japanese tortured and murdered in this country.

The deaths of Native Americans, while tragic, for the most part occurred as a result of disease. I don't think settlers came across the ocean and settled west with the idea of killing off Native Americans and establishing a "master race."

Comparing Nazi Germany to anything that has happened in U.S. history is asinine. No where in American history has a single person set out to completely exterminate a religious group. Let's get real here, folks.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:25 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Obama may suck (he does), but you should to respect the office more than that... especially in public regardless of who is in it.


I don't agree..that's limiting free speech and assuming that we bow down to the President. I didn't vote for him, and he's put us all in a terrible situation. To ask me to speak kindly of him in public just because some other idiots voted him to office is completely unfair and bordering fascism.


Let's not get started on that... I did vote for him, and I stand by that decision, so please bite your tongue and keep your "name calling" to yourself.

FYI, I'm far from an idiot.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Comparing Nazi Germany to anything that has happened in U.S. history is asinine. No where in American history has a single person set out to completely exterminate a religious group. Let's get real here, folks.



You need a history lesson.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
IamPZ wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Obama may suck (he does), but you should to respect the office more than that... especially in public regardless of who is in it.


I don't agree..that's limiting free speech and assuming that we bow down to the President. I didn't vote for him, and he's put us all in a terrible situation. To ask me to speak kindly of him in public just because some other idiots voted him to office is completely unfair and bordering fascism.


Let's not get started on that... I did vote for him, and I stand by that decision, so please bite your tongue and keep your "name calling" to yourself.

FYI, I'm far from an idiot.


Kudos for standing up, but I'm not going to bite my tongue simply because someone I know voted for him. If we had a personal conversation about politics I guarantee I could illuminate a ton of stuff for you......because I know that anyone that voted for Barack Obama was misinformed.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:27 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
Comparing Nazi Germany to anything that has happened in U.S. history is asinine. No where in American history has a single person set out to completely exterminate a religious group. Let's get real here, folks.



You need a history lesson.


Enlighten me...


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:28 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
Kudos for standing up, but I'm not going to bite my tongue simply because someone I know voted for him. If we had a personal conversation about politics I guarantee I could illuminate a ton of stuff for you......because I know that anyone that voted for Barack Obama was misinformed.


What color is the sky in the world you live in, Iowa? You have got to be kidding me. You disagree with him, so anyone who voted for him is OBVIOUSLY MISINFORMED. That's rich.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
Comparing Nazi Germany to anything that has happened in U.S. history is asinine. No where in American history has a single person set out to completely exterminate a religious group. Let's get real here, folks.



You need a history lesson.


Enlighten me...


Well, for starters, Nazi Germany didn't go about exterminating a religious group....they were attempting to build a powerful race. So they attempted to exterminate mental retards, gypsies, jews, blacks, etc.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Kudos for standing up, but I'm not going to bite my tongue simply because someone I know voted for him. If we had a personal conversation about politics I guarantee I could illuminate a ton of stuff for you......because I know that anyone that voted for Barack Obama was misinformed.


What color is the sky in the world you live in, Iowa? You have got to be kidding me. You disagree with him, so anyone who voted for him is OBVIOUSLY MISINFORMED. That's rich.


It's not a matter of disagreeing....anyone that voted for Obama expecting a different a result than what we are in now was misinformed. Sorry to be so blunt.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
In your eyes... see Iowa I've been around here a long time, and I've seen your posts for a long time. I respect some of your opinions at times, but this is where you get on my nerves. Your "opinion" is not the only one that matters. We are all allowed our own opinions... that's what makes this country great.

I was very well informed in my decision to vote for Obama, but it doesn't even matter, because there's no need to sit here and defend my decisions to anyone really.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:33 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
Well, for starters, Nazi Germany didn't go about exterminating a religious group....they were attempting to build a powerful race. So they attempted to exterminate mental retards, gypsies, jews, blacks, etc.


That doesn't change the premise of my point. No where in American history has one man, or a political party, set out to deliberately wipe a group, or several groups of people, off the face of the Earth.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
IamPZ wrote:
In your eyes... see Iowa I've been around here a long time, and I've seen your posts for a long time. I respect some of your opinions at times, but this is where you get on my nerves. Your "opinion" is not the only one that matters. We are all allowed our own opinions... that's what makes this country great.

I was very well informed in my decision to vote for Obama, but it doesn't even matter, because there's no need to sit here and defend my decisions to anyone really.


That's fine...

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Well, for starters, Nazi Germany didn't go about exterminating a religious group....they were attempting to build a powerful race. So they attempted to exterminate mental retards, gypsies, jews, blacks, etc.


That doesn't change the premise of my point. No where in American history has one man, or a political party, set out to deliberately wipe a group, or several groups of people, off the face of the Earth.


Pfft...the KKK?

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:36 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
It's not a matter of disagreeing....anyone that voted for Obama expecting a different a result than what we are in now was misinformed. Sorry to be so blunt.


The magic of hindsight makes that an easy argument for you... It's easy to sit here on the sidelines and pick on a guy when you think you have all the answers, or in this case, pick on him now for decisions made over the last couple of years.

The fact of the matter is, Obama has not solely put this country in the hole it is in now. It started before him. And it started before that guy. And it started before that guy.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:37 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Well, for starters, Nazi Germany didn't go about exterminating a religious group....they were attempting to build a powerful race. So they attempted to exterminate mental retards, gypsies, jews, blacks, etc.


That doesn't change the premise of my point. No where in American history has one man, or a political party, set out to deliberately wipe a group, or several groups of people, off the face of the Earth.


Pfft...the KKK?


Get back to me when the KKK is elected President.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
It's not a matter of disagreeing....anyone that voted for Obama expecting a different a result than what we are in now was misinformed. Sorry to be so blunt.


The magic of hindsight makes that an easy argument for you... It's easy to sit here on the sidelines and pick on a guy when you think you have all the answers, or in this case, pick on him now for decisions made over the last couple of years.
.


I wasn't picking on him....he's the one that said he voted for Obama. He's that one that opened himself up to tell me to bite my tongue. I did not and would not vote for Obama because his economic policies as well as "rhetoric" were complete bull and were NOT going to help us out the debt crisis. His decisions SOLELY in 2008 has put us the in recession we are in today...ask any economist that, and you'll get the same answer.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:

Get back to me when the KKK is elected President.


Well, 1. You said "no one man or political party....no where in American history" why is it only for presidents?
and most importantly, 2. Woodrow Wilson was part of the KKK.

Like I said, you need a history lesson.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
It's not a matter of disagreeing....anyone that voted for Obama expecting a different a result than what we are in now was misinformed. Sorry to be so blunt.


The magic of hindsight makes that an easy argument for you... It's easy to sit here on the sidelines and pick on a guy when you think you have all the answers, or in this case, pick on him now for decisions made over the last couple of years.
.


I wasn't picking on him....he's the one that said he voted for Obama. He's that one that opened himself up to tell me to bite my tongue. I did not and would not vote for Obama because his economic policies as well as "rhetoric" were complete bull and were NOT going to help us out the debt crisis. His decisions SOLELY in 2008 has put us the in recession we are in today...ask any economist that, and you'll get the same answer.


As I recall, the President in 2008 was not Barack Obama. Never for one day did Obama hold office in 2008.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
As I recall, the President in 2008 was not Barack Obama. Never for one day did Obama hold office in 2008.


Fine...2009. I was speaking of the bank bailouts.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Quote:
Obama prepares to take office as layoffs surge 80% from a year ago, consumer spending plummets at the fastest pace since 1980, world financial markets are in turmoil and bank failures rise.


http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2 ... nomy_N.htm

Yup... clearly the problems came solely from Obama.

I'll admit, he hasn't gotten us out of this mess... but hell, look at the state we were in... it's sort of similar to what we expect our next head coach to do... take a plummeting "team" and turn it around in 4 years.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
IamPZ wrote:
Quote:
Obama prepares to take office as layoffs surge 80% from a year ago, consumer spending plummets at the fastest pace since 1980, world financial markets are in turmoil and bank failures rise.


http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2 ... nomy_N.htm

Yup... clearly the problems came solely from Obama.


We had a crash in 2008.....and under Obama's watch, he did a bank bailout that would put us where we are RIGHT NOW. He could have helped us recover, but instead he shoveled more money into a rat hole.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3875
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
Quote:
Obama prepares to take office as layoffs surge 80% from a year ago, consumer spending plummets at the fastest pace since 1980, world financial markets are in turmoil and bank failures rise.


http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/2 ... nomy_N.htm

Yup... clearly the problems came solely from Obama.


We had a crash in 2008.....and under Obama's watch, he did a bank bailout that would put us where we are RIGHT NOW. He could have helped us recover, but instead he shoveled more money into a rat hole.


What exactly was he supposed to do? Let all the countries banks go under? Then what?

IMO, bailing out the car companies was much worse... that was a dumb move.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:

Get back to me when the KKK is elected President.


Well, 1. You said "no one man or political party....no where in American history" why is it only for presidents?
and most importantly, 2. Woodrow Wilson was part of the KKK.

Like I said, you need a history lesson.


You're really reaching here...


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
IamPZ wrote:


What exactly was he supposed to do? Let all the countries banks go under? Then what?

IMO, bailing out the car companies was much worse... that was a dumb move.


All of the bail outs...and yes, you let everything fail so it can pick itself back up. If you handcuff everyone by taking their tax dollars to bail out companies (yes a bank is a company) that screwed up is not only injustice, but dumb considering it is the consumer that makes the world go around (in the case of capitalism).

I realize I've sounded pretentious, but I've been so frustrated with the masses not understanding these basic concepts. All of which were ignored in Obama's run for President, yet those that polled said they were voting on Obama because he "seemed more focused on fixing the economy"

You can be focused all you want, but if you don't understand how banks and corporations work, you're going to screw us over....which he did, and will continue to do until he leaves office.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Iowafin on Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
MNDolfan wrote:

Get back to me when the KKK is elected President.


Well, 1. You said "no one man or political party....no where in American history" why is it only for presidents?
and most importantly, 2. Woodrow Wilson was part of the KKK.

Like I said, you need a history lesson.


You're really reaching here...


I don't understand. I proved you wrong, like three times, and you still won't give in.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:49 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
We had a crash in 2008.....and under Obama's watch, he did a bank bailout that would put us where we are RIGHT NOW. He could have helped us recover, but instead he shoveled more money into a rat hole.


By many accounts, Obama's decision to borrow money to the banks saved this country from a second Great Depression. It all depends on which channel and which newspaper you choose to read.

Either way, the original crash occurred in 2008 -- not on Obama's watch. He inherited a piss poor situation and did what he thought was right. Time will tell if he can get us out of it. But he can't do it alone.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:49 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
I don't understand. I proved you wrong, like three times, and you still won't give in.



No, you didn't. You spouted some garbage about Woodrow Wilson being in the KKK, yet magically, during his presidency, people of all races and religions continued to migrate to and fight for this country in World War I.

I'd hardly compare the era of Woodrow Wilson to that of Adolf Hitler. But if that's what you think, do what you have to do.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
We had a crash in 2008.....and under Obama's watch, he did a bank bailout that would put us where we are RIGHT NOW. He could have helped us recover, but instead he shoveled more money into a rat hole.


By many accounts, Obama's decision to borrow money to the banks saved this country from a second Great Depression. It all depends on which channel and which newspaper you choose to read.

Either way, the original crash occurred in 2008 -- not on Obama's watch. He inherited a piss poor situation and did what he thought was right. Time will tell if he can get us out of it. But he can't do it alone.



No, it doesn't depend on the newspaper. What he thought was right was known to be wrong by even the most respected economists.
It saved it from a second Great Depression? No it didn't....it' just delayed it until he leaves office.

You cut your arm, and I put a bandage over it and do nothing more, did I save your life? Not if the wound is still there and then gets bigger and rots and give you gang green.
That's what Obama did....he stopped the bleeding, but made the problem much worse.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:53 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
No, it doesn't depend on the newspaper. What he thought was right was known to be wrong by even the most respected economists.
It saved it from a second Great Depression? No it didn't....it' just delayed it until he leaves office.

You cut your arm, and I put a bandage over it and do nothing more, did I save your life? Not if the wound is still there and then gets bigger and rots and give you gang green.
That's what Obama did....he stopped the bleeding, but made the problem much worse.



In your opinion... For every "respected economist" on one side, I can give you one on the other. All depends on your political persuasion.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
I don't understand. I proved you wrong, like three times, and you still won't give in.



No, you didn't. You spouted some garbage about Woodrow Wilson being in the KKK, yet magically, during his presidency, people of all races and religions continued to migrate to and fight for this country in World War I.

I'd hardly compare the era of Woodrow Wilson to that of Adolf Hitler. But if that's what you think, do what you have to do.


I don't know why you're not following. You said no one had ever attempted to wipe any race or religion from the earth in the United States, yet my examples of concentration camps, mass Native American genocide, and Guantanamo Bay apparently weren't grisly enough for you....so I went with the KKK

But you said to get back when a member of the KKK becomes President, which didn't make any sense because not only has there already been a presidnt from the KKK, but you never argued that there has never been a President that tried to do these things....you merely said it never happened. Which is not true.

So there, I've countered your argument. If you wish to counter back, please feel free to do so, but don't tell me its garbage when it is all true.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
No, it doesn't depend on the newspaper. What he thought was right was known to be wrong by even the most respected economists.
It saved it from a second Great Depression? No it didn't....it' just delayed it until he leaves office.

You cut your arm, and I put a bandage over it and do nothing more, did I save your life? Not if the wound is still there and then gets bigger and rots and give you gang green.
That's what Obama did....he stopped the bleeding, but made the problem much worse.



In your opinion... For every "respected economist" on one side, I can give you one on the other. All depends on your political persuasion.



Not really....the study of economy is less about political persuasion and more about numbers and facts. The facts show that in the history of a recession in a capitalist country, bailing out failed companies will not work.
The only persuasion that went on, was the companies that had stock in the failing companies wanting the goons they put in office to get them to bail them out.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:59 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
I don't know why you're not following. You said no one had ever attempted to wipe any race or religion from the earth in the United States, yet my examples of concentration camps, mass Native American genocide, and Guantanamo Bay apparently weren't grisly enough for you....so I went with the KKK

But you said to get back when a member of the KKK becomes President, which didn't make any sense because not only has there already been a presidnt from the KKK, but you never argued that there has never been a President that tried to do these things....you merely said it never happened. Which is not true.

So there, I've countered your argument. If you wish to counter back, please feel free to do so, but don't tell me its garbage when it is all true.


I don't know why you can't understand what I'm saying. You're saying because Woodrow Wilson was a loose member of the KKK early in his life, than the radical agenda of the group as a whole was obviously heeded while Wilson was President. When in reality, many segregationists within Wilson's own party disagreed with his willingness to hire Roman Catholics and Blacks to positions within his administration.

I will argue all day and night there has never been a President that has willfully wished the destruction of an entire generation of people. If you believe otherwise, that's your opinion I guess.

The massive loss of Native American life over the course of two or three centuries was not genocide. Yes, some of it was as a result of war. But a vast majority of it was because of illness and disease. But that was a problem that killed millions of others over the course of history, not just Native Americans.

What part about Guantanamo Bay do you disagree with? Terrorists are held there. People who have committed or wish to commit evil acts against this country. What did the Jews ever do to Adolf Hitler?


Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
I don't know why you can't understand what I'm saying. You're saying because Woodrow Wilson was a loose member of the KKK early in his life, than the radical agenda of the group as a whole was obviously heeded while Wilson was President.


I didn't even read anything after this because this is also wrong. You're taking what I say and making it what you want. You'll never learn if you're not willing, so I am done here. Good day, sir.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:08 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
Not really....the study of economy is less about political persuasion and more about numbers and facts. The facts show that in the history of a recession in a capitalist country, bailing out failed companies will not work.
The only persuasion that went on, was the companies that had stock in the failing companies wanting the goons they put in office to get them to bail them out.


Incorrect. Economics is the study and application of many different THEORIES. You want numbers and facts, study math.

And if you study history, you'd know the last time we had a massive failure of banks in this country, the Great Depression was the result. That's why there is a thing called the FDIC. It was established to help prevent such a thing from ever happening again.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Not really....the study of economy is less about political persuasion and more about numbers and facts. The facts show that in the history of a recession in a capitalist country, bailing out failed companies will not work.
The only persuasion that went on, was the companies that had stock in the failing companies wanting the goons they put in office to get them to bail them out.


Incorrect. Economics is the study and application of many different THEORIES. You want numbers and facts, study math.

And if you study history, you'd know the last time we had a massive failure of banks in this country, the Great Depression was the result. That's why there is a thing called the FDIC. It was established to help prevent such a thing from ever happening again.


Right, so we had a recession....and did not bail out the banks. The FDIC was created, yes, but it wasn't that that saved us...it was the jobs that were created from the war, and because people had jobs they could buy things and because they could buy things the economy flourished.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:15 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
I didn't even read anything after this because this is also wrong. You're taking what I say and making it what you want. You'll never learn if you're not willing, so I am done here. Good day, sir.



Don't be so condescending. I don't need to "learn" anything from you. You are entitled to your opinion. There is no right or wrong answer. You don't like Barack Obama. That's fine.

But you don't have all the answers. If you think you do, then run for President.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:17 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
Iowafin wrote:
Right, so we had a recession....and did not bail out the banks. The FDIC was created, yes, but it wasn't that that saved us...it was the jobs that were created from the war, and because people had jobs they could buy things and because they could buy things the economy flourished.


The FDIC was established to create confidence in the banking industry after it's massive failure in 1929.

I agree with you about the war getting us out of the Great Depression.


Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: OT - ESPN drops Hank Williams song after Obama comment
MNDolfan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
I didn't even read anything after this because this is also wrong. You're taking what I say and making it what you want. You'll never learn if you're not willing, so I am done here. Good day, sir.



Don't be so condescending. I don't need to "learn" anything from you. You are entitled to your opinion. There is no right or wrong answer. You don't like Barack Obama. That's fine.

But you don't have all the answers. If you think you do, then run for President.


I wasn't teaching you opinion. You made a claim, and I countered it with fact and you got your butt hurt.

_________________
Image


Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.