Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3
 Post subject: Re: Ireland likes Ginn
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:29 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
No kiddin! I clearly said "I'm not following your logic." Nor am I following yours. Miami has drafted jack squat for receiver in the last 25 years...Ginn's gets the most flak? No, when Chambers was here I was calling for his head. When Green was drafted people were irate.
Ginn is the best of bunch of busts...there really is no point there.

I wouldn't call Chambers and McDuffie busts... the rest... well yeah.

Yesum.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:32 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

IamPZ wrote:
The guy lays out a perfect example of why Ginn has been our best WR taken in the first 3 rounds in the past 25 years, and all you do is shoot it down? Clearly you are the one not seeing Pawfects point, not the other way around.

The point is, those are all of the WR's we've taken in the first 3 rounds in the past 25 years, and Ginn has put up the most all-purpose yards out of any of them, along with taking the most flak.

So why is a guy, who has been the most productive WR we've taken in the early rounds of the draft in a quarter century, getting beat down so badly?

That Ginn is 3rd on that list shows how bad a list it is.

There simply is no disputing that.

Jay Fiedler was the best QB we had for a decade. Does that mean he was a franchise QB?

Last edited by Rich on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 am 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

pawfectgent wrote:
Chris Chambers, 2001 2nd Rd (a) - 3 years (52nd) 164 catches (54.75 per season), 36 returns for 811 yards (22.5 avg.), 3488 all-purpose yards (15.8/rec) and 18 TDs.

Chambers did not have 18 TDs in his first three seasons. He had 21 receiving touchdowns. (Ginn had 5)

pawfectgent wrote:
What I do know is that for the last twenty-five years, Ginn has been the most productive WR we have taken in the early rounds of the draft in his first three seasons.
I'm going to have to completely disagree with you here.

If you're a kick returner on a bad team, as Ginn was, then you're going to quickly rack up "Total Yards" stats. So the significance of a returners yardage totals on a bad team is not as great as it may appear to be to some. And obviously "Total Yards" has absolutely no bearing on the productivity of Ginn as a wide receiever.

Chris Chambers was far and away a more effective and impactful player (let alone receiver) in his first three years - and I'm taking Ginn's return game into account when I say that. But let's compare only their receiving statistics directly for a second:

CHAMBERS
2001 - 883 yrds, 7 tds
2002 - 734 yrds, 3 tds
2003 - 963 yrds, 11 tds

GINN
2007 - 420 yrds, 2 tds
2008 - 790 yrds, 2 tds
2009 - 454 yrds, 1 td

Ginn's return totals do not make up the vast difference in productivity here, because the overwhelming majority of Ginn's return efforts just got us back around the 20 on a kickoff return, which is not uncommon... and Chambers TD totals alone might outweigh every statistic Ginn has put up combined. So in my opinion Chambers was clearly more productive in his first three seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Then we have the perfect fan blog-point. Some see things one way, some the other. I have been a supporter of TGs' and still am, others haven't been or still aren't.
Does he frustrate me when he doesn't come through? Absolutely. It's like going for a snack and the item you wanted is all gone, jar is empty, no bread, etc.

Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3