View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 Demaryius Thomas 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Demaryius Thomas
I know most Miami fans are in love with Bryant, but the chance of Miami drafting a Wr at the 12th spot is very low.

So if we look into Rd. 2 then this guy might be a worthy pick. 6'3 / 224

Mike Williams might also be a worthy pick later in the draft, but he comes with red flags.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:16 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Demaryius Thomas
I like Thomas and think that maybe, maybe Miami can get him in the 3rd round because of the broken foot and the fact that it probably will not allow him to have a Pro Day so scouts can see him run routes. If they take him in the 2nd round, it would not bother me.

That has to be the biggest question about him right now playing in the offense that he played in at Georgia Tech.

There no denying the numbers he put up as a junior and he had decent numbers as a sophmore. He certainly has the size and speed you want.

Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm all for Benn if he is there, but that's probably a stretch.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:46 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

Yeah, Benn is probably not going to be available in the 2nd round, as Phin said, which for me makes Thomas the best WR available at that spot. I'd rank him the number 3 WR right now, and number 2 in terms of potential.

Benn comes a little more polished, but Thomas has the bigger upisde with his speed, physicality/YAC ability, and ability to go up and make the catch over a defender.

That said, if he is unable to run at his Pro Day, I'd be surprised to see him go before round 3. A lot of people like to compare him to Anquan Boldin; I actually think that's a pretty good comparison; maybe not so much in terms of size/speed, but in the way he plays the game, and in the transition he'll have to the NFL.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:11 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I like LaFell.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:02 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
Yeah, Benn is probably not going to be available in the 2nd round, as Phin said, which for me makes Thomas the best WR available at that spot. I'd rank him the number 3 WR right now, and number 2 in terms of potential.

Benn comes a little more polished, but Thomas has the bigger upisde with his speed, physicality/YAC ability, and ability to go up and make the catch over a defender.

That said, if he is unable to run at his Pro Day, I'd be surprised to see him go before round 3. A lot of people like to compare him to Anquan Boldin; I actually think that's a pretty good comparison; maybe not so much in terms of size/speed, but in the way he plays the game, and in the transition he'll have to the NFL.
Isn't Benn slow? Slow for a Wr that is.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:47 am

That's why I give Thomas the edge in potential. I wouldn't call Benn slow, but he doesn't strike fear in a defense with his speed, no. But he is more polished, and the safer bet which is why I would rank him number 2.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:38 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Dphins, just to comment on Mike Williams one more time, yes he is a talented kid and we know some kids will have off the field issues, some more serious than others.

He got caught cheating on a test, which is not a good thing and was put off the team. He was allowed back on to the team and then quit after 7 games.

He is going to have a hell of a time trying to explain why he just up and quit on the team. He was supposedly asked the question by reporters at the combine yesterday and tried to laugh the question off.

I would not look at Mike Williams to 5-7 round because it is always a major concern when a kid quits on his team.

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:12 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

hypocritex wrote:
I like LaFell.

I do too, this kid is dropping down the draft board for no reason, solid hands, good quickness and 6'3" size, if he drops to 3rd or fourth we should grab him, he would be a no brainer in the 4th

Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:40 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

I would not look at Mike Williams to 5-7 round because it is always a major concern when a kid quits on his team.
Oh yea, I would not touch him before Rd. 5. Maybe even Rd. 6. However, at that point. Gamble on him. If you miss then big deal.

This is probably his one & only shot at an NFL career.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:12 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I will be disappointed if the Dolphins don't either trade down or go with defense with the 12th pick. We need an established big play WR, not another rookie project. I think that trade and FA are the places to address WR not the draft.

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:09 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iceberg85 wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
I like LaFell.

I do too, this kid is dropping down the draft board for no reason, solid hands, good quickness and 6'3" size, if he drops to 3rd or fourth we should grab him, he would be a no brainer in the 4th

He isn't the greatest guy at the combine in measurables. He could be had later on. But, I am telling you the kid is a gamer. He plays the game with some great intensity. While, he isnt' the fastest guy in the world. He can still create separation.

He also abused the #1 CB in the draft.. Haden

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpLLlAGHGns

And some highlights. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYCjP8cq ... re=related

Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]