View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Gibril is here to stay.. 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Gibril is here to stay..
Jeff Ireland qoutes from the combine via Jeff Darlington's Twitter:

Quote:
He's playing a position with two young corners. A lot of things weren't always his fault. We have our evaluation of Gibril Wilson. We know what kind of player he's capable of being. I think he's going to be a very good player for the future. He was disappointed in his play last year. I think he can play better. We'll just have to see. I think he will.

Sounds like he's here to stay..

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:05 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Gibril is here to stay..
joeschmoe wrote:

Quote:
He's playing a position with two young corners. A lot of things weren't always his fault. We have our evaluation of Gibril Wilson. We know what kind of player he's capable of being. I think he's going to be a very good player for the future. He was disappointed in his play last year. I think he can play better. We'll just have to see. I think he will.

Just trying to raise some trade value.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Iowafin wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:

Quote:

Just trying to raise some trade value.

I don't think anybody is gonna trade for gerbil no matter how many kind words you say about him.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:

I don't think anybody is gonna trade for gerbil no matter how many kind words you say about him.

Considering even Oakland was willing to pay him to leave, you're probably right.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:17 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

i wonder if they keep him at fs or move him back to his better position ss
if he stays

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:21 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Quote:

sure he was playing with two young corners but I don't think they caused him to miss tackles and drop ints. If he is here to stay I will be upset but I will put my trust in our FO for believing this guy can get the job done.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I said this in the other thread and was told no way... The Dolphins are going to have to cut Yeremiah Bell because of his upcoming roster bonus. Bell, while he was pretty good last season, is older than Wilson and has a history of injuries -- including a pretty serious Achilles injury a couple years ago.

I am fine with the team moving on from Bell and moving Wilson to his natural position of strong safety. He is younger and has more playoff experience than Bell anyways.

Either way, they do need to upgrade the free safety position. Simply keeping Wilson there is not the answer.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:47 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

When did Gibril excel at SS? Was that when he played for the Giants? I seriously hope Ireland is playing possum because I can't get out of my head the play or NON PLAY against Jeremy Shockey where he got CARRIED for 40 yds. That's not a SS! They usually take people's heads off!

:boo:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:01 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

MdDolfan wrote:
When did Gibril excel at SS? Was that when he played for the Giants? I seriously hope Ireland is playing possum because I can't get out of my head the play or NON PLAY against Jeremy Shockey where he got CARRIED for 40 yds. That's not a SS! They usually take people's heads off!

:boo:

or when he bounced off Dallas Clark, or when an easy pick bounced off his facemask, or when...

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:03 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

This is confusing .. we have MdDolfan, MNdolfan, and MTfan .. add some avatars or signatures please lol

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:09 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland just finished speaking with the media and the most interesting thing from the talk, in my opinion, was his whole-hearted defense of Gibril Wilson and suggestion the free safety will remain with the Dolphins in 2010.

In talking to several reporters who attended the presser, including The Herald's Jeff Darlington, the clear indication they got is that the Dolphins intend to keep Wilson.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... aying.html

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:39 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Ireland discussed a few of them, free safety Gibril Wilson, inside linebacker Channing Crowder and wide receiver Pat Turner, as the Dolphins prepare to evaluate the 2010 rookie class at this week’s scouting combine.

Ireland said he expects much better from Wilson, who suffered a number of missed tackles and blown assignments.
“But we have our evaluation of Gibril Wilson. We know what kind of player he’s capable of being. We think he’s going to be a very good player for the future.

“He’s disappointed in his play last year. He’ll tell you that. I think he can play better. We’ll just have to see, I think he will.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... nebackers/

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:41 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I hope he's lying, or watching some different tape, cuz this guy wasn't just bad, he was horrific.

Please please please DO NOT KEEP GIBRIL WILSON!!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:46 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

So JI is saying that our two corners sucked and gerbil was just put in a bad situation?

All I've been hearing is that our two corners could have been better but they had no safety help over the top (which is what I've seen as completely true).

If the trifecta keep gerbil as our FS for next season...our secondary is screwed.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm
Phins 2 Phins
Phins 2 Phins

TheBigFish wrote:
So JI is saying that our two corners sucked and gerbil was just put in a bad situation?

All I've been hearing is that our two corners could have been better but they had no safety help over the top (which is what I've seen as completely true).

If the trifecta keep gerbil as our FS for next season...our secondary is screwed.

I agree, I personally believe our rookie CBs were a lot better than expected last season and they are only going to get better, but they are the ones that needed the help not the other way around. If we listed all the mistakes Gibril made last season we would be going on for a while and most of them he had no one to blame but himself. I really do hope Ireland is just building this guy up to find a way to get rid of him although I don;t think he'll have much luck with that

"News, info and discussions about the Miami Dolphins, their players and the season..."

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

What is he supposed to say?

"Yeah, he sucked, March 5th we're going to cut him"??

Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

Yes.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:03 pm
2011 NFL Survival Champ
2011 NFL Survival Champ

joeschmoe wrote:

Quote:

capable of being and actually is are two entirely different things, hoss.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:09 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Phins Rock wrote:

No, but he could have avoided the question besides for basically saying that Gabril will be back next season.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Keep Gibril Wilson = stuck on stupid......

I pray this is all a pathetic smoke screen. However either way you look at it, the statement alone does not inspire confidence.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:00 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Yes.

I would fall over with laughter if that would have been the response. He sucks, we blew it, lol

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]