View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Ron Paul 2012? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ron Paul 2012?
What are your thoughts on Ron Paul?

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/the-issues/

Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Re: Ron Paul 2012?
I like how he actually takes unpopular positions in his own party.

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:23 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

I agree with him on almost everything, but he isn't a great communicator.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:10 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Rich wrote:

I'm pretty much undecided on which candidate that I like, but I do have some friends that really like Ron Paul.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like Ron, but I'm not sure he can get elected.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He would have a seriously uphill road and spending his time on mystery issues like auditing the treasury isn't going to help him build his top-of-mind-awareness with voters.

Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:41 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I voted for Ron last time around and I will do so again. I don't give .02 about whether or not he can win. I vote my conscience not the odds. If more people were willing to do that (and I do think the time is ripe for it since the tea party has gained strong third party notoriety) then perhaps we can finally make the two parties start listening to the people instead of pandering to their extreme base with broken politics that ruin this country.

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:53 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I really like Ron Paul. I dont think I always agree with him or even more know what would happen with some of his ideas if they were or even could be put into action (gold standard, soc. security welfare etc.) Libertarianism does have a lot of ideas that appeal to me though and I think Paul's the only politician who isnt full of crap and will say exactly what he thinks and wants to do without regard for the consequences. Most politicians will shuffle around and spout nonsense. Media kind of disregards him though especially around election time and unfortunately his nononsense approach gives his opponents plenty of soundbytes to run him out of the election. Daily Show did a really good piece on him (I swear its not superliberal, I know some people really don't like John Stewart on here but hes really not that bad) http://youtu.be/cUXBz6AGJFM

Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

Ever since the 60's and JFK, this has unfortunately played too much of a role on who gets elected. I don't care what my president looks like or sounds like....if he understands how to run things, what do I care if the only way he can communicate is through grammatically incorrect emails?

Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

[quote="cleoleper"]I really like Ron Paul. I dont think I always agree with him or even more know what would happen with some of his ideas if they were or even could be put into action (gold standard, soc. security welfare etc.)[quote]

Someone has to explain to me this idea of going back to the gold standard. I hear it mentioned nearly every time the name Ron Paul comes up, but I do not see any logic in it whatsoever

Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:21 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

A shame. I voted for Ron. And should he be alive to run again in 2016. I'd vote for him there too. What they did to him at the Republican convention was a travesty.. and pure proof that they will not allow 3rd party principles and common sense anywhere near either party. Mitt Romney's campaign " Hey Ron.. We know you earned a speaking slot and all.. and have a TON of delegates here.. But, we would like to vet your speech." Ron Paul: "Huh!?" Romney's people: "Yeah.. If you don't let us tell you what you can say... We aren't going to let you speak." Ron Paul: " I'm not speaking then!"

Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:19 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I like Paul, but the problem is that voting for him let's the Dems win and now we are stuck with Barry.

Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:58 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Makchell wrote:
I like Paul, but the problem is that voting for him let's the Dems win and now we are stuck with Barry.

What you said.. Right there is a part of the problem. The problem is.. People feel that way. If more people voted their conscience and not what others tell you is common sense. We'd be able to get a 3rd party candidate into office.

If we TRULY had free elections.. Gary Johnson would have been allowed to participate in the national debates. The American people have the right to know they don't HAVE to vote red or blue. Common misconception. The democrats were literally TERRIFIED of Ron Paul winning the republican nomination. Do you know why? Because it would have put his "out of mainstream" ideals into the limelight and people would realize. Holy crap. What have we been doing all these years. And he would have won. I am telling you he was the ONLY GOP candidate who could have beaten Obama. And even the GOP didn't want him to win. Everyone knows he represents the libertarian mindset. His running as a republican is more a middle finger to both parties.

Let's face it.. the media didn't exactly give Ron Paul fair coverage in the primaries. And they constantly attempted to portray him as crazy "Uncle Ron.. Pay no attention please." I'll tell ya. Some people took notice. The GOP is in BIG trouble and a LOT of those voters see the libertarian ticket as more appealing. And they aren't alone. Liberals are fed up as well. They also find the libertarian concept fascinating.

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:22 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

They also find the libertarian concept fascinating.

After researching it a bit, I think I under the libertarian. You have people that will vote rep/dem now matter what and the reality is a 3rd party canidate will not get elected..

Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]