View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ] 
 Joe Biden Update: Iraq One of Obama's great achievements 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Joe Biden Update: Iraq One of Obama's great achievements
Quote:

Joe Biden update: Iraq one of Obama's 'great achievements'
February 11, 2010 | 2:26 am

Who knew?

Thank goodness, Vice President Joe Biden went on CNN to chat with Larry King Wednesday night. So many think things are not going so well for the Democrat administration, as The Ticket chronicled here.

Many Americans recall the ex-Sen. Biden's Democratic primary plans to give in to Iraq's fractious factions and carve the country into three territories. And even more probably recall Biden's boss' plan to halt the Iraq war years ago. As long as it got started anyway without the permission of the then state senator.

Plus, of course, Obama's vehement opposition to the 2007 American troop surge of you-know-who from Texas that Obama knew for certain was only going to worsen sectarian strife there. (See 2007 video here.)....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Well, of course, it didn't turn out that way, thanks in large measure to the brave service of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops who served in that war-torn land and helped peace to break out despite the loud political acrimony back home over their role.

Now, the Obama-Biden pair that opposed the Iraq war and its tactics and predicted their failure is prepared to accept credit for its success.

It seems that Biden, who's from Delaware when he's in Delaware and Pennsylvania when in Pennsylvania, is certain now that Iraq will turn out to be one of the Obama-Biden administration's greatest achievements.

No, really.

Here's how Biden put it to Lar:

I am very optimistic about -- about Iraq. I mean, this could be one of the great achievements of this administration. You're going to see 90,000 American troops come marching home by the end of the summer. You're going to see a stable government in Iraq that is actually moving toward a representative government.

I spent -- I've been there 17 times now. I go about every two months -- three months. I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society. It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences.

Biden did not elaborate on what all the administration's other "great achievements" were so far.

No doubt, Iraqis too are very thankful for that 2008 U.S. election. (Full King transcript here.)

-- Andrew Malcolm

Talk about success, openly click here to receive Twitter alerts of each new Ticket item all day every day. Or follow us @latimestot. You can also go to our new Facebook fan page here.
Photo: Lorenzo Bevilaqua / CNN

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washing ... palin.html

Last edited by AQNOR on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Joe Biden Update: Iraq One of Obama's great achievements
Incredible.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Wow, talk about spin-jobs, Biden is the new king for them.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:13 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Do they think the American people are actually that stupid? Wait a minute ... that is how they got elected.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:12 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
Do they think the American people are actually that stupid? Wait a minute ... that is how they got elected.

:yay: One thing I have noticed or maybe not noticed is the lack of attention the media has given this.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Do you remember the Iraqi Minister of (Mis)Information, how he would come on TV and say, "We are driving the Americans back. They are retreating in all directions, blah, blah" while images in the background showed Abrams tanks driving across the runway at Baghdad Airport? Biden could get that job once the current administration is expelled...I hear it's open.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:14 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

pawfectgent wrote:
Do you remember the Iraqi Minister of (Mis)Information

:)

Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
pawfectgent wrote:
Do you remember the Iraqi Minister of (Mis)Information

:)

ROLFMAO
That's awesome!

Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:19 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Big Dave wrote:

in fairness, Americans were scared and Obama preached a message of hope. I think Americans grabbed onto that message and "hoped" for the best. We were fooled.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
We were fooled.

You were fooled. If anybody got behind pretty words alone, and didn't do their own research to realize what he was saying was complete mularky and not feasible, they sure as hell should not have voted. Hope and Change are words...even Obama himself said what he was doing was called "campaign rhetoric."

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:
We were fooled.

You were fooled. If anybody got behind pretty words alone, and didn't do their own research to realize what he was saying was complete mularky and not feasible, they sure as hell should not have voted. Hope and Change are words...even Obama himself said what he was doing was called "campaign rhetoric."

are you even old enough to vote? I say "we" as a nation. So yes "we" were fooled. You can set yourself apart as the all knowing if you want to. For the record, I voted McCain. Would McCain be doing any better? I don't think so and that is the scary thing, but atleast he would not be trying to shove things down the peoples throats.

Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:
We were fooled.

are you even old enough to vote? I say "we" as a nation. So yes "we" were fooled. You can set yourself apart as the all knowing if you want to. For the record, I voted McCain. Would McCain be doing any better? I don't think so and that is the scary thing, but atleast he would not be trying to shove things down the peoples throats.

Ha...how old do you think I am? Classic. America was fooled? No, the people that voted for him based on the idea that he provides hope and change. I wrote in Huckabee. And yes, if Huckabee got in, I'm most certain he'd have done a better job than charade of politics that's going on right now. He wouldn't have been much different for the sole reason that the government is pretty screwed up.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:00 am

MTFan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
MTFan wrote:
We were fooled.

McCain wouldn't be spending anywhere near as much as Obama. He wouldn't be mirandizing terrorists. He wouldn't be spending thousands of dollars of taxpayer money a week taking his wife out on dates. He wouldn't be pushing a massive health reform bill.

We would probably still be in the midst of a lingering recession, but we would be more in the right direction than we are now. Except a double dip recession thanks to O's application of Keynesian economics.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:31 am

Huckabee governed Arkansas like a fiscal liberal.

Plus he believes the planet is only 16,000 years old.

No thanks.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:

I don't know where you got that information.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:49 am

Iowafin wrote:
Rich wrote:

I don't know where you got that information.

You're right. I was off by 10,000 years.

He thinks the world is 6,000 years old.

Quote:
Mike Huckabee – "Surging" Republican

Mike Huckabee is the "surging" candidate to watch in the Republican presidential primaries, at least for the moment. The former Arkansas governor is an ordained Southern Baptist minister and a believer in the "inerrancy" doctrine of Biblical scripture. Inerrancy means, quite simply, that the believer accepts every bit of the Bible as literal truth (Adam & Eve, an earth just 6,000 years old, etc.)

http://www.democracyfornewhampshire.com/node/view/5140

Quote:
During a Republican presidential debate in May, Mike Huckabee raised his hand when asked by the moderator which candidates did not believe in evolution. Huckabee's been deflecting flak about that hand-raise ever since. Most recently, Huckabee appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher, where Maher asked him about evolution. As he had several times since the May debate, Huckabee seemed to back-pedal, and to embrace a form of theistic evolution. Besides, Huckabee said, the question was "utterly silly," since he was running for president and not for eighth-grade science teacher (he's made this claim before). However, unlike Wolf Blitzer during a June debate, Maher called Huckabee on this:

Why shouldn't it be part of a political discussion? If someone believes that the earth is 6000 years old, when every scientist in the world tells us it's billions of years old, why shouldn't I take that into account when I'm assessing the rationality of someone I'm going to put into the highest office in the land?

Huckabee had no cogent answer; he said that the point was that "we don't know."

http://notesfromatransitionalfossil.blo ... kabee.html

If you do a search on Huckabee world 6,000 years old, you will get hundreds upon hundreds of hits.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Interesting. He's bold. I like him even more now.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Iowafin wrote:

Hitler was pretty bold, too. And pretty wrong, just like Huckabee.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:59 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Iowafin wrote:

I've always liked him. I think he'll be a strong candidate

6000 years? That's because theologians counted the geneologies from Adam to Jesus. You know, things like that we'll never know. Since God has been around for eternity, it wouldn't surprise me if the earth is older than even the evolutionists believe. The Bible is a history of God's dealings with man, not the history of the earth. I like it that he seems genuine in his religious beliefs. I don't agree with Romney's beliefs, but I respect it that he seems to be "sold out" to it. We can talk about it in the Religious forum if you all would like.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

I must take umbrage with your saying that Huckabee is wrong just like Hitler. Hitler rode in cars and set down to meals just like most of us do does that make us like Hitler? Hitler is such an evil and polarizing figure I don't see how dragging him into a comparison with Huckabee is profitable. If boldness and being wrong were your two points of comparison other historical figures not associated with evil incarnate might be a better choice say ... Custer for example. Maybe I am wrong, did you use Hitler intentionally to bring into play the evilness factor and want to associate Huckabee with that tainted image?

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:08 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

I must take umbrage with your saying that Huckabee is wrong just like Hitler. Hitler rode in cars and set down to meals just like most of us do does that make us like Hitler? Hitler is such an evil and polarizing figure I don't see how dragging him into a comparison with Huckabee is profitable. If boldness and being wrong were your two points of comparison other historical figures not associated with evil incarnate might be a better choice say ... Custer for example. Maybe I am wrong, did you use Hitler intentionally to bring into play the evilness factor and want to associate Huckabee with that tainted image?

I brought up Hitler to point out the flawed thinking that an individual being "bold" and "wrong" are not reasons to like him more.

The purpose is shock value using an exaggerative comparison to show how silly him liking him more because he believes Earth is only 6,000 years old is.

If I had made the comparison to a non-Christian leader, would you take as much umbrage?

Probably not.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Well, me saying I like him more because he was bold was a light hearted joke. But to compare Huckabee to Hitler seems a little out of line. I haven't searched it, or looked anything up, but based on what you posted it sounds like Huckabee is just saying that science could be wrong. Which is true, it could be wrong. Like Dave said, the bible doesn't discuss how old the Earth is...the 6000 is another guess made by scientists.
Science and religion are one in the same...both based on faith. To say that Huckabee is dumb for having more faith in his religion than he does science doesn't seem very fair.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:16 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
I brought up Hitler to point out the flawed thinking that an individual being "bold" and "wrong" are not reasons to like him more.

The purpose is shock value using an exaggerative comparison to show how silly him liking him more because he believes Earth is only 6,000 years old is.

If I had made the comparison to a non-Christian leader, would you take as much umbrage?

Probably not.

Yikes, I did not know that Huckabee was a religious leader. I think of him as a politician. Moral yes, religious leader no. Similar to Mitt Romney but I do understad the vast theological differences between the two.

Well the shock value seems to have worked as it got my attention. The other connotations that Hitler brings to a comparison would seem to me to get in the way of a point unless you were intentionally trying to tarnish someone by association.

A more pertinent question might be if I would be as quick to object if you compared one of those dastardly (joke) far left democrats to Hitler? While I would like to think I would object but trying to be honest with myself I would probably let those who lean to the left call you out on that and hope you had better reasons than I have seen so far. lol

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:29 pm

Quote:
Yikes, I did not know that Huckabee was a religious leader.

I did not say he was a religious leader. But he is an ordained baptist minister.

Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:50 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

AQNOR wrote:
I must take umbrage with your saying that Huckabee is wrong just like Hitler.

I agree that there is no comparison to Hitler.

As far as him being a former Baptist preacher, if a Hollywood actor can become president, I don't have any problem with Huckabee as far as his religious background. He did a very good job in Arkansas as governor. It's not like Pat Robertson coming into the race with no political history in office.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:12 am
Profile WWW

Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

As far as him being a former Baptist preacher, if a Hollywood actor can become president, I don't have any problem with Huckabee as far as his religious background. He did a very good job in Arkansas as governor. It's not like Pat Robertson coming into the race with no political history in office.

Good lord you guys totally missed my point. :hithead:

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:19 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
AQNOR wrote:

Good lord you guys totally missed my point. :hithead:

no worries Rich, just a bad, bad example, I won't say comparison because I don't think you were comparing the two.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:35 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
Quote:
Yikes, I did not know that Huckabee was a religious leader.

I did not say he was a religious leader. But he is an ordained baptist minister.

Oops sorry I must have done something similar to putting the wrong emPHAsis on the wrong syLLAble. When I saw "non-Christian leader" I had in mind then Christian leader for Huckabee with the emPHAsis on the Christian and did not comprehend you were implying a leader who happened to be a Christian.
I think that you paint me with to narrow a brush. That fact that Huckabee is a Christian is not the reason that I objected to him being compared to Hitler. I am suprised that you would make that suggestion. If someone were to compare you, who are not a Christian, to Hitler I think I would just as vigorously protest.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]