View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:19 am



Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 AFC East Predictions 
Author Message
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:58 pm
Posts: 47
Post AFC East Predictions
Hi all. Hope all is well here with my favorite group of Dolphins fans. Sadly, I think both of our teams might be in for a long season.

I have stopped by here the last few years to bless you with my always accurate AFC East predictions. I try to pop in once in awhile during the season too.

So, without further ado:

1. New England Patriots 14-2. How and why does this team get better? Why do other teams keep making trades with them? How do they find these aging vets that you just know are going to have great seasons? Chad Johnson/Ochocinco is going to tear things up with Brady slinging him the ball. I think this is the year they win it all again.

2. New York Jets 12-4. They are still very good. The defense will dominate. The offense has questions (i.e. Sanchez). I also question when/if Rex Ryan's act will wear thin and get old. But there can be no denying the talent on the defense on this team.

3. Miami Dolphins 6-10. I was going to say 7-9, but my hatred drove me down to 6-10. This a a team in flux. I am not sure Henne is the answer. I am not sure that there is any part of this team that makes we say "wow". The OL is currently dinged up and will struggle to get their timing down. I could be wrong, I guess but I just think they will struggle this year.

4. Buffalo Bills 3-13. Sigh. My poor Bills. They got worse in free agency, losing their best safety and best LB. They did bring in Nick Barnett. I just wonder if he will stay healthy. The OL is weak. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a back up QB, not a real starter. I love him. But he will not lead a team to great success. The rookies like Marcel Dareus will struggle to contribute like may rookies will because of the late start to team activities. (Although Dareus will be a beast for a long time to come). This will be another long, ugly year for the Bills. To make things worse, the Bengals and Redskins are about 2 win teams so the Bills will not even get a chance to grab Andrew Luck.


Fire away! But I am right on all counts! :yay:


Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:00 am
Posts: 1287
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
Funny that you think the Jets D will dominate, but not ours ? Only one player on their D is better then who we trot out ( Revis)...Long will not struggle with his timing so I think you prediction for our O line having issues is off...I say 11-5 Phins...


Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4579
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
I see your loyalty has begun to drift into eastern NY, AKA the leech field of that beautiful state...

Its understandable tho, being your Bills are all but gone with one foot over the border already....

Nice predictions, I'd put NE at 12-4 tho, they have no secondary and did nothing to fix that, going to be hard to sta in every game with just the passing game shoot outs...

NYJ, I'd say 11-5 is a stretch, more like 10-6 as they will struggle passing the ball. Burress will not be Edwards and Sancheeze will strugle. Stack the box and they will loose against good defenses.

Fins, 8-8, maybe 9-7 would not surprise me, then back to the drawing board I would guess... But maybe they surprise...


The Toronto Jills will actually surprise you, they will go 6-10 and screw up the good draft pick that 3-13 would have given you...

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:48 pm
Posts: 5635
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
Man, have a little more faith in Fitz.

_________________
Image


Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5879
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
Wake buries Brady on a sack early in the season. He hits Brady so hard he not only dirties his skirt but puts him in street clothes for half the season. Brunell watches film of Sanchez wiping a booger on him and gets him back by setting him up on a blind date at Benni hanas with Bmarshes wife. Rex Ryan massages Sanchezs feet while he recovers but gets carried away and breaks his big toe. Needless to say Sparano fist pumps the seasons first FG promptly knocking Henne out for 3 Games. Matt Moore comes in and makes everyone forget Dan Marino. But alas, we still get swept by the Bills who win two games all year :cry:

Jets - 10-6
Patriots 10-6
Miami 8-8
Bills 4-12

.... :runwiththeball:


Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
1. Patriots 12-4 (5-1)
2. Dolphins 10-6 (4-2)
3. Jets 10-6 (2-4)
4. Bills 6-10 (1-5)
The second record is the team's AFC East record. I think our two divisional losses will come to the Patriots and Jets. Our season will end at 10-6 with a tie breaker over the Jets for a Wildcard birth.
:jests:


Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 4579
Location: Wellington, FL
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
wkloiber13 wrote:
1. Patriots 12-4 (5-1)
2. Dolphins 10-6 (4-2)
3. Jets 10-6 (2-4)
4. Bills 6-10 (1-5)
The second record is the team's AFC East record. I think our two divisional losses will come to the Patriots and Jets. Our season will end at 10-6 with a tie breaker over the Jets for a Wildcard birth.
:jests:



:pumpiron: :pumpiron: :awe: :awe: :awe: :awe: :pumpiron: :pumpiron:


That looks sooooo nice!!!

:yay:

_________________
Caveat: These are the opinions of this user, and may differ from your opinion. Please use common sense before taking offense.
Reply may contain sarcasm


Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3817
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
I actually think the Bills did OK this off season & they lost 4 games in OT last year with at least one by a bad call. Like us , their QB has to step up.
As usual we are the class of the division & as usual our undoing can only be caused by us.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:31 am
Profile
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 220
Location: Oak Ridge, TN
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
DrLecter wrote:
Hi all. Hope all is well here with my favorite group of Dolphins fans. Sadly, I think both of our teams might be in for a long season.

I have stopped by here the last few years to bless you with my always accurate AFC East predictions. I try to pop in once in awhile during the season too.

So, without further ado:

1. New England Patriots 14-2. How and why does this team get better? Why do other teams keep making trades with them? How do they find these aging vets that you just know are going to have great seasons? Chad Johnson/Ochocinco is going to tear things up with Brady slinging him the ball. I think this is the year they win it all again.

2. New York Jets 12-4. They are still very good. The defense will dominate. The offense has questions (i.e. Sanchez). I also question when/if Rex Ryan's act will wear thin and get old. But there can be no denying the talent on the defense on this team.

3. Miami Dolphins 6-10. I was going to say 7-9, but my hatred drove me down to 6-10. This a a team in flux. I am not sure Henne is the answer. I am not sure that there is any part of this team that makes we say "wow". The OL is currently dinged up and will struggle to get their timing down. I could be wrong, I guess but I just think they will struggle this year.

4. Buffalo Bills 3-13. Sigh. My poor Bills. They got worse in free agency, losing their best safety and best LB. They did bring in Nick Barnett. I just wonder if he will stay healthy. The OL is weak. Ryan Fitzpatrick is a back up QB, not a real starter. I love him. But he will not lead a team to great success. The rookies like Marcel Dareus will struggle to contribute like may rookies will because of the late start to team activities. (Although Dareus will be a beast for a long time to come). This will be another long, ugly year for the Bills. To make things worse, the Bengals and Redskins are about 2 win teams so the Bills will not even get a chance to grab Andrew Luck.


Fire away! But I am right on all counts! :yay:


Our Defense will be dominant this year. Our offense is improved, on paper, from last year. If the offense can run the ball more effectively I can see 9-7.

_________________
Image


Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
New England: 12-4
Miami: 10-6
New York: 9-7
Buffalo: 6-10


Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:42 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8928
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
Phins Rock wrote:
New England: 12-4
Miami: 10-6
New York: 9-7
Buffalo: 6-10


Not bad, JP.

Doc, thanks for coming by! I don't think your Bills are as bad as you think. They are well coached and have a quarterback that can run that offense. I'm concerned about your running game, but they may get one more productive year out of Fred Jackson. Here's my prediction ...

1. Patriots 12-4 (4-2)
2. Jets 10-6 (3-3)
3. Dolphins 9-7 (3-3)
4. Bills 6-10 (2-4)

You know the Patsies will lose to the Jets and Dolphins once this year. Always happens.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:54 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5879
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
New England: 12-4
Miami: 10-6
New York: 9-7
Buffalo: 6-10


Not bad, JP.

Doc, thanks for coming by! I don't think your Bills are as bad as you think. They are well coached and have a quarterback that can run that offense. I'm concerned about your running game, but they may get one more productive year out of Fred Jackson. Here's my prediction ...

1. Patriots 12-4 (4-2)
2. Jets 10-6 (3-3)
3. Dolphins 9-7 (3-3)
4. Bills 6-10 (2-4)

You know the Patsies will lose to the Jets and Dolphins once this year. Always happens.


JP must've fixed those flat tires on the 10-6 bus... :)


Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:41 pm
Posts: 334
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
wkloiber13 wrote:
1. Patriots 12-4 (5-1)
2. Dolphins 10-6 (4-2)
3. Jets 10-6 (2-4)
4. Bills 6-10 (1-5)
The second record is the team's AFC East record. I think our two divisional losses will come to the Patriots and Jets. Our season will end at 10-6 with a tie breaker over the Jets for a Wildcard birth.
:jests:

i agree!! I think that since no one ever gives miami any love whether its ESPN or NFL Network which they had a whole segment hating on Miami w/ sapp, dukes & lombardi tearing us up! Anyway I think we gonna surprise alot of people, flying under the radar is always good, AND I SAY MONDAY NIGHT OPENER WE ARE GONNA WALK RIGHT UP TO THE GOOFY PATSIES....AND PUNCH RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!!! The only bad part is we play Houston so you know we got 1 loss, haha!! :pumpiron:


Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:04 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
NFLJunkie wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
New England: 12-4
Miami: 10-6
New York: 9-7
Buffalo: 6-10


Not bad, JP.

Doc, thanks for coming by! I don't think your Bills are as bad as you think. They are well coached and have a quarterback that can run that offense. I'm concerned about your running game, but they may get one more productive year out of Fred Jackson. Here's my prediction ...

1. Patriots 12-4 (4-2)
2. Jets 10-6 (3-3)
3. Dolphins 9-7 (3-3)
4. Bills 6-10 (2-4)

You know the Patsies will lose to the Jets and Dolphins once this year. Always happens.


JP must've fixed those flat tires on the 10-6 bus... :)



Also fixed the transmission.

She's up and running again baby!! :stiffarm:


Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: AFC East Predictions
Hatecrewadb wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
1. Patriots 12-4 (5-1)
2. Dolphins 10-6 (4-2)
3. Jets 10-6 (2-4)
4. Bills 6-10 (1-5)
The second record is the team's AFC East record. I think our two divisional losses will come to the Patriots and Jets. Our season will end at 10-6 with a tie breaker over the Jets for a Wildcard birth.
:jests:

i agree!! I think that since no one ever gives miami any love whether its ESPN or NFL Network which they had a whole segment hating on Miami w/ sapp, dukes & lombardi tearing us up! Anyway I think we gonna surprise alot of people, flying under the radar is always good, AND I SAY MONDAY NIGHT OPENER WE ARE GONNA WALK RIGHT UP TO THE GOOFY PATSIES....AND PUNCH RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!!! The only bad part is we play Houston so you know we got 1 loss, haha!! :pumpiron:


If Henne continues to impress in practice and this is the year he breaks out and becomes our franchise quarterback, then it's game on! This team will go as far as Henne can take us. The defense is there, the offensive weapons are there, now it's up to Henne to get us to the playoffs. I think 10-6 is very realistic if Henne elevates his game this season.


Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:20 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.