View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Will Allen Arrested on DUI 
Author Message
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Will Allen Arrested on DUI
IamPZ wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
Like you never drove home from a resteraunt after a beer or two... please.


Um...no. I haven't. Never drank in my life.

That is just an asinine comment Ski Money...just asinine.


No way!! Me either!! Hmm, learn something new every day I guess.

This is definitely a dumb move on his part... not sure which way I swing the cutting/trading him aspect.. but c'mon man... these guys got more money than god, you telling me they can't afford to hire a driver for the night? Just plain STUPID.

I'm not gonna touch the marijuana thing, I might pop a vein.

WAY TO GO BILL!


:yay:

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:50 pm
Posts: 52
Post Re: Will Allen Arrested on DUI
[/quote]You need to get your facts straight. I said the damage isn't significant. Getting drunk or high kills thousands of brain cells, but humans have trillions of cells, so it's such a small fraction. The most damage is done before the brain has fully developed (usually age 21, some develop quicker, others slower) and that is why the drinking age is at 21. If the brain isn't fully developed, the frontal lobe never gets a chance to function, leading to poor decision making and reasoning.

Of course I haven't smoked in my life, and one does not need to to know their facts...[/quote]

obviously you dont have your facts straight.

http://www2.potsdam.edu/hansondj/Health ... 62109.html

http://www.drugpolicy.org/marijuana/factsmyths/#brain

Getting high or drunk does not kill brain cells.


Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Will Allen Arrested on DUI
Rich wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Yeah but clearly that one was not accurate if the other was a .152.


You're in high school right now. You should know basic, fundamental arithmetic.

0.08 x 2 = 0.16

0.152 is LESS than 0.16


I don't understand your point.

I said that the .08 reading they got the first time was not accurate, as the 2nd one was .152, which is obviously way more than the .08......

...?? Lol.


Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Will Allen Arrested on DUI
Phins Rock wrote:
I don't understand your point.

I said that the .08 reading they got the first time was not accurate, as the 2nd one was .152, which is obviously way more than the .08......

...?? Lol.


So then it is a case of you not taking the time to read carefully.

Quote:
He was given two breathalyzer tests, as required under Florida law. The result of one test showed his blood alcohol level at more than twice the legal limit of .08. The other test registered .152, according to Sanchez.

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Will Allen Arrested on DUI
Indeed. My bad. Just read on roto world that one was 1.67 and the other .152.

I read it as the first reading being .08, and then the 2nd being the .152.

My bad.


Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Will Allen Arrested on DUI
Phins Rock wrote:
Indeed. My bad. Just read on roto world that one was 1.67 and the other .152.

I read it as the first reading being .08, and then the 2nd being the .152.

My bad.


That being said, your assertion that two beers cannot bring up a reading of .152 is not accurate.

A guy like Will Allen is in terrific shape. That usually actually leads to a player being impacted by alcohol more quickly than the average person. Because they train so much, they have excellent circulation, which means the alcohol travels faster. 2 beers could conceivably cause a .152 reading.

When I first started weightlifting, I noticed how much quicker alcohol impacted me. My friend, who is also a personal trainer, mentioned to me that it is because my circulation was faster and therefore the buzz from the drinks arrived quicker.

I'm not excusing Allen for his actions if he indeed was driving around drunk, just pointing out that breathalyzer readings can sometimes register a high number despite a low level of alcohol consumption.

_________________
Image


Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.