View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Owner Stephen Ross wants Super Bowls & excitement 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Owner Stephen Ross wants Super Bowls & excitement
Andy Cohen wrote:
What I've done," Ross says, "is try to create excitement. Kind of like Showtime for the Los Angeles Lakers. The whole idea is try to give the people an experience they can't get at home.

"Where do I want this to be 10 years from now? I want Dolphins fans to be saying, ‘I can't miss a game. I can't miss a game because there is so much to do … and, of course, because the team is winning.' "

Yes, it all comes back to winning. Stephen Ross knows that he can create the most spectacular off-the-field experience in the NFL, but if the Dolphins can't match that electricity with some of their own, then all the glitz this side of Hollywood can only do so much.

Remember the 1-15 Dolphins of 2007? That now seems like so long ago. These are the new Miami Dolphins. Off the field and on the field.

"My legacy? asks Ross. "Super Bowls. I want this football team to be the best and I'll do everything I can to help them get there."

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/steph ... n-building

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:29 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Owner Stephen Ross wants Super Bowls & excitement
Quote:
"My legacy? asks Ross. "Super Bowls. I want this football team to be the best and I'll do everything I can to help them get there."

Then get ready to open up that wallet in this uncapped year.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:37 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Quote:

Got to love when an owner says that. He didn't say be a contender or some other corny answer, He said SUPER BOWLS! and i honestly believe he will get it within the next 3 years.
:yay:

Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:43 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

MdDolfan wrote:
Quote:

Got to love when an owner says that. He didn't say be a contender or some other corny answer, He said SUPER BOWLS! and i honestly believe he will get it within the next 3 years.

The Big H said the same thing and brought us all the way to 1-15 before giving up.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:23 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Ross is like us though he is a die hard dolphin fan! which why he bought in the team so i think we are in alot better hands then w/ Wayne, he always seemed to me like he settled a little bit or was always trying to relive the past...couldn't move on, and got such a mess he sold. IMO

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:55 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

eleaf wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Quote:

The Big H said the same thing and brought us all the way to 1-15 before giving up.

every owner in the league would say the same thing, there is no real news here

Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:11 pm
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ
2012 NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Quote:
every owner in the league would say the same thing, there is no real news here

I agree.
It still seems like a side show to me however. The focus should be the team , not the celebs who want to stay in the lime light or rekindle their faltering careers. (or those who I wonder how they have a career at all)

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]