View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Ronnie feels injuries were "flukes", he is not injury prone 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ronnie feels injuries were "flukes", he is not injury prone
Mike Berardino wrote:
And how does he feel when he hears some describe him as “injury-prone”?

“It doesn’t really bother me,” he said. “The two major injuries I had were kind of fluke injuries. I tore my ACL. I was just running across the field and didn’t actually get hit on that play. And then a guy fell on the back of my foot to hurt my foot. It’s a part of the game. We all get injured. It’s just how you respond from it. My goal is to rehab this thing and come back out this season and make another Pro Bowl, make it to the playoffs and do all that stuff.”

Sun Sentinel

Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Ronnie feels injuries were "flukes", he is not injury prone
Isn't that sort of what an injury prone player is? Getting hurt when seemingly there is no reason to?

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:30 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Anytime that you have to defend that you are not a injury prone player....You are a injury prone player...

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:39 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I still view it as more bad luck than anything. It is not like we talking about Yatil Green here.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:40 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He's an aggressive running back, he's going to get injured. I think of injury prone as somebody who has nagging injuries like hamstring problems or knee problems.. Ronnie fights for extra yards and his legs get rolled up so now he's injury prone? I agree with 1984phins, he just has bad luck.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
Isn't that sort of what an injury prone player is? Getting hurt when seemingly there is no reason to?

My thoughts exactly.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:10 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

1984phins wrote:
I still view it as more bad luck than anything. It is not like we talking about Yatil Green here.

:) ha ha i remember that cat! i agree i think it is bad luck, i believe in ronnie!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:58 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Don't hate to much on Yatil; he had the worst imaginable luck. Injury prone = Bad luck to a degree, but then there are they guys that won't play when they could. That's not Ronnie. Still, until he goes a whole season w/o injury a few years in a row the questions will linger. Remember "fragile Freddie Taylor"? He turned that perception around for a few years. Ronnie certainly can also.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:03 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

It depends what your definition of injury prone is. My definition is someone who cannot stay healthy and seems to consistently get small injuries that nag, like multiple ankle sprains, or hamstring injuries.

To me, ACL tears, all that stuff...that's just bad luck. I would not call that injury prone.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:12 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
It depends what your definition of injury prone is. My definition is someone who cannot stay healthy and seems to consistently get small injuries that nag, like multiple ankle sprains, or hamstring injuries.

To me, ACL tears, all that stuff...that's just bad luck. I would not call that injury prone.

Exactly what I was saying.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Injury prone or not, it's all academic. What isn't academic is that in 5 years, he has only played 1 full season. He is easily the best player we have, but we can't count on him to play the whole season. Whether it's because he is injury or or just prone to bad luck he can't help us if he isn't on the field.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:58 pm
Profile WWW

He's injury prone!

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:46 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Guys, there no way to sugar coat the fact that Ronnie has only made it thru a 16 game season 1 time during his 5 year career. And he has had Ricky to share the load with him for 3 of those years.

It would not surprise me to see Miami bring a big back in like a LaGarette Blunt during the draft, mainly because this is Ricky's last year but also because Ronnie has not been able to stay healthy.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
Guys, there no way to sugar coat the fact that Ronnie has only made it thru a 16 game season 1 time during his 5 year career. And he has had Ricky to share the load with him for 3 of those years.

It would not surprise me to see Miami bring a big back in like a LaGarette Blunt during the draft, mainly because this is Ricky's last year but also because Ronnie has not been able to stay healthy.

Pat Paschall.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:53 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Pat's a nice back. Another kid that impresses me is Anthony Dixon out of Mississippi State. 6,1, 235 lbs with good speed and nearly 4,000 career yards in the SEC for team that never really had much talent around him or much of a passing game.

Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:00 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:

Dang, I think I would call that "seriously" injury-prone.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:03 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Yeah, Pat is a nice back. In recent years it seems running backs are very easy to find in the draft.

Now, the back we got in Lex I think he can become a decent back just be given more snaps.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:06 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

phinsfansc wrote:

Man, I wonder how much temptation Ricky would have to fight if Miami brings in another back named Blunt.
:grin:

Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:47 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

bobby0112 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

Man, I wonder how much temptation Ricky would have to fight if Miami brings in another back named Blunt.
:grin:

Good one, but his name is Blount.

Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Whether or not someone is injury prone is pure speculation. There are valid arguments to both sides.

Not a one of us truly knows whether or not Ronnie's injuries are due to him being fragile (injury prone) or due to bad luck. As with any other player. I am a huge Ronnie fan. Unfortunately.. Because none of us can truly determine it.. We are all just going to have to assume the worst and hope for the best.

Ronnie is my favorite player on the Dolphins currently. I truly hope that he has had bad luck. But, it sure does LOOK as if he is injury prone. Yes, looks can be deceiving, however, not a one of us truly knows the answer except Ronnie Brown.

If I had to make an educated guess. I would say that its bad luck. The guy is a VERY physical back. He prefers punishment to avoidance. He likes contact. He likes to fight for the extra yards. If I were to to make an educated guess.. I would say that the guy fights hard..and sometimes puts himself in precarious positions..which sometimes = injury.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

hypocritex wrote:
Whether or not someone is injury prone is pure speculation. There are valid arguments to both sides.

Not a one of us truly knows whether or not Ronnie's injuries are due to him being fragile (injury prone) or due to bad luck. As with any other player. I am a huge Ronnie fan. Unfortunately.. Because none of us can truly determine it.. We are all just going to have to assume the worst and hope for the best.

Ronnie is my favorite player on the Dolphins currently. I truly hope that he has had bad luck. But, it sure does LOOK as if he is injury prone. Yes, looks can be deceiving, however, not a one of us truly knows the answer except Ronnie Brown.

If I had to make an educated guess. I would say that its bad luck. The guy is a VERY physical back. He prefers punishment to avoidance. He likes contact. He likes to fight for the extra yards. If I were to to make an educated guess.. I would say that the guy fights hard..and sometimes puts himself in precarious positions..which 4 of his 5 years = injury.

There, I fixed it for you.

Big difference between "sometimes" and almost every time.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:26 am
Profile WWW

Maybe being injury prone is bad luck.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]