View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
 Draftcountdown.com Mock Updated 2/11 - OLB Jason Pierre-Paul 
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Draftcountdown.com Mock Updated 2/11 - OLB Jason Pierre-Paul
Scott Wright wrote:
1.12 Jason Pierre-Paul
One of the big keys to any good 3-4 defense is an athletic outside linebacker who can rush the passer. Nobody knows this better than Bill Parcells, who has actually used first round picks on linebackers everywhere he has been, from Carl Banks with the Giants to Willie McGinest with the Patriots to James Farrior with the Jets to DeMarcus Ware with the Cowboys. So far The Tuna hasn’t taken a linebacker in round one during his tenure in Miami yet but history tells us that will eventually change. Jason Taylor is essentially running on fumes at this point and Joey Porter appears to be wearing out his welcome, which means it’s time to start thinking about the future. South Florida’s Jason Pierre-Paul only has one season of Division I experience after transferring in from the JUCO ranks but he wasted no time asserting himself as one of the country’s most feared pass rushers and a top pro prospect. An amazing athlete with rare burst and explosiveness, Pierre-Paul checks in at 6-6 and 260 pounds, has extremely long arms and reportedly runs a 4.6 forty. Although still very raw there is simply no denying Pierre-Paul’s natural talent and unlimited upside, Jason Pierre-Paul | South Florida Bulls which is why he could ultimately carry a grade similar to that of Aaron Maybin last year. Sergio Kindle of Texas could be another pass rushing possibility. Other options for Miami in round one could include an inside linebacker (Alabama’s Rolando McClain) or a wide receiver (Oklahoma State’s Dez Bryant). The Dolphins also need to bring in a replacement for 35-year-old nose tackle Jason Ferguson and Tennessee’s Dan Williams might not be as much of a reach here as some think.

2.43 Brandon LaFell
Dwayne Bowe-clone who could be the true #1 option at wideout that they need.

It's still early... but I'm not sure I like either of these guys lol.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:13 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Post Re: Draftcountdown.com Mock Updated 2/11
I don't really like the way that's going....

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:30 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Paul is a talent but he is still raw. I'm not a fan of LaFell either.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:28 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It says he's a Dwayne Bowe clone. Why would you want that?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:46 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

i like pierre paul

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:12 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Pierre Paul apparently has a learning dis-ability and is dumber than Jason Allen.

Pass.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:22 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

IamPZ wrote:
Scott Wright wrote:
1.12 Jason Pierre-Paul
One of the big keys to any good 3-4 defense is an athletic outside linebacker who can rush the passer. Nobody knows this better than Bill Parcells, who has actually used first round picks on linebackers everywhere he has been, from Carl Banks with the Giants to Willie McGinest with the Patriots to James Farrior with the Jets to DeMarcus Ware with the Cowboys. So far The Tuna hasn’t taken a linebacker in round one during his tenure in Miami yet but history tells us that will eventually change. Jason Taylor is essentially running on fumes at this point and Joey Porter appears to be wearing out his welcome, which means it’s time to start thinking about the future. South Florida’s Jason Pierre-Paul only has one season of Division I experience after transferring in from the JUCO ranks but he wasted no time asserting himself as one of the country’s most feared pass rushers and a top pro prospect. An amazing athlete with rare burst and explosiveness, Pierre-Paul checks in at 6-6 and 260 pounds, has extremely long arms and reportedly runs a 4.6 forty. Although still very raw there is simply no denying Pierre-Paul’s natural talent and unlimited upside, Jason Pierre-Paul | South Florida Bulls which is why he could ultimately carry a grade similar to that of Aaron Maybin last year. Sergio Kindle of Texas could be another pass rushing possibility. Other options for Miami in round one could include an inside linebacker (Alabama’s Rolando McClain) or a wide receiver (Oklahoma State’s Dez Bryant). The Dolphins also need to bring in a replacement for 35-year-old nose tackle Jason Ferguson and Tennessee’s Dan Williams might not be as much of a reach here as some think.

2.43 Brandon LaFell
Dwayne Bowe-clone who could be the true #1 option at wideout that they need.

It's still early... but I'm not sure I like either of these guys lol.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

LaFell is legit big fast guy, you might say he's a "6'3" guy with speed" but the pierre paul pick is more than questionable

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Pierre Paul apparently has a learning dis-ability and is dumber than Jason Allen.

Pass.

Sorry for picking on you today, but there is no "-" in words that have "dis" in front of them.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Pass.

Sorry for picking on you today, but there is no "-" in words that have "dis" in front of them.

I never know when to put one and when not to. It doesn't look right though as "disability", to me.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Pass.

I never know when to put one and when not to. It doesn't look right though as "disability", to me.

It is correct.

Maybe this can help you..
http://www.grammarmudge.cityslide.com/a ... 8/2805.htm

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm

Post Re: Draftcountdown.com Mock Updated 2/11 - OLB Jason Pierre-Paul
Indeed. Ty.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:09 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

IT can say he is a Dwayne Bowe clone all it wants. There are receivers I like better than LaFell, especially in the 2nd round.

If you like him, fine.

Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:09 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Phins Rock, that's a pretty crude comment in regards to Paul. He has a learning disability, but that does not mean he can't learn.

Plus, you don't have to be a Rhodes Scholar to play football.

My biggest issue with Jason is he is raw as a player at DE, and now you want to possibly convert him to a 3-4 OLB. If this pick were in the 20's, it might be worht the risk. But at #12, no. I would rather reach for Brandon Graham or Dan Williams if Miami cannot trade down.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:35 am

I knew that would come out a little wrong. I didn't mean to be crude and be like, he has a learning disability, he's worthless, and all that...But certainly when you have that type of an issue, and your going to try and convert to 34 OLB.....I just don't see it happening.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:10 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I can see it now.....pass up on Dez Bryant and then reach for Pierre-Paul because Mclain is off the board already.....disaster. I will pray that mock is being mocked by Parcells and company right now.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I can see it now.....pass up on Dez Bryant and then reach for Pierre-Paul because Mclain is off the board already.....disaster. I will pray that mock is being mocked by Parcells and company right now.

I pray this doesn't happen, this is the same type of mistake made over and over that put us in a hole.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:
FrustratedFinFan wrote:

I pray this doesn't happen, this is the same type of mistake made over and over that put us in a hole.

This isn't the same Dolphins we've seen in the past...a smart front office. McClain should be there.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

There is no gauruntee that neither McClain or Bryant will be there at #12. And yes, I also think the front office personnel in place now are a smart group of individuals.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]