View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Can Titus Young, WR, Boise State be our answer for speed WR? 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Can Titus Young, WR, Boise State be our answer for speed WR?
I would like a very fast WR that can catch and a fast pass catching TE in our first 3 picks. They both need to be starters.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2011WR.php

Titus Young, WR, Boise State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 174.
Projected 40 Time: 4.39.
Combine 40 Time: .
Pro Day 40 Time: .
Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: 9.
Projecte (2011): 1-2.
1/26/11: Titus Young had a great first day of Senior Bowl practice. Would he go on to disappoint the day after? Definitely not. Young once again impressed, this time showing off his route-running ability. I wonder where he'll be in Thursday's 2011 NFL Mock Draft update...

1/25/11: Wow. I don't want to overreact to one day of practice, but it's going to be difficult not to. Titus Young was breath-taking on the practice field, blowing by defensive backs at will and breaking ankles with deadly jukes. He looks like a hybrid between DeSean Jackson and Mike Wallace.

10/1/10: Young is a smaller receiver, but he has nice speed and is a very sharp route runner. Young has 15 catches for 310 yards and two touchdowns on the year including a five-catch, 136-yard performance against Oregon State.

3/31/10: Needs to bulk up his rail-thin frame. Caught 79 passes for 1,041 yards and 10 touchdowns as a junior.

Here is another guy. I'd try to draft BOTH of them.

Jerrel Jernigan, WR/KR, Troy
Height: 5-9. Weight: 189.
Projected 40 Time: 4.39.
Combine 40 Time: .
Pro Day 40 Time: .
Vertical: . Broad: . Hand: .
Projecte (2011): 2-3.
10/1/10: Jernigan is an athletic player in the open field. He has 31 catches for 384 yards and two touchdowns on the year, but 209 of his receiving yards came against Arkansas State.

3/31/10: Had a big year for Troy, catching 71 balls for 1,101 yards and four touchdowns. Also averaged 23 yards on kickoff returns.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:42 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Can Titus Young, WR, Boise State be our answer for speed WR?
From what I have seen, he's been the best WR at the Sr. Bowl. He's been un-coverable.

He's the next Mike Wallace. He'll be a steal in Round 2.

The thing about him though is that he is an outside WR, not a slot guy. I think they'd be more into Jeremy Kernley out of TCU who can work the slot.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:23 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Phins Rock wrote:
From what I have seen, he's been the best WR at the Sr. Bowl. He's been un-coverable.

The thing about him though is that he is an outside WR, not a slot guy. I think they'd be more into Jeremy Kernley out of TCU who can work the slot.

But we don't need a slot guy. We have one in Davone Bess. We have another who could switch inside in Brian Hartline. We need someone opposite Brandon Marshall to run off coverage and open things up underneath.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:28 pm

MNDolfan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

But we don't need a slot guy. We have one in Davone Bess. We have another who could switch inside in Brian Hartline. We need someone opposite Brandon Marshall to run off coverage and open things up underneath.

I agree completely. But knowing Jeff Ireland, they'll go with the more versatile player than the one trick pony.

But I'd personally go with Young. Guy has WHEELS.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]