Man, I love The Don. Any way we can clone him?
47. "It was always banging into things, knocking things over, and he was the kind of dog [that] if he ran away I knew he would come back." - Don Shula on why he named his collie puppy " Zonk"http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ory?page=1
36. "I can't talk now." - then-Baltimore coach Don Shula, hanging up the phone, when Joe Robbie called to talk about the Dolphins job. A fistfight between two Colts assistant coaches was breaking out on Shula's front lawn and he had to stop it.
32. "He can take his'n and beat your'n and you'rn and beat his'n." - Houston Oilers coach Bum Phillips on Don Shula's coaching talent
30. "Why don't you go right to the top and get the best there is? Don Shula." - Miami Herald columnist Edwin Pope to Dolphins owner Joe Robbie when the Dolphins were looking for a new coach after the 1969 season
27. "Five yards is my life!" - Don Shula to a referee who had told Shula to quit arguing, that the penalty he just called was only five yards
18. "Who's he?" - Don Shula when the Jets took Ken O'Brien with the 24th pick in the 1983 draft, leaving Dan Marino for the Dolphins
15. "You're missing an earring." - Don Shula, when tight end Marv Fleming brandished a new earring at the start of a training camp and asked Shula what he thought of it
12. "I had my Gatorade shower at No. 324. When you get my age, you can't take too many of those ice-cold showers." - Don Shula on why he got a ride on his players shoulders after victory No. 325 in Philadelphia in 1993
1. "I think about 40 people." - Don Shula when asked after a second-straight Super Bowl in 1974 who had written "Best Ever" on the blackboard in the locker room