View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 How did Gibril Wilson feel on Super Sunday? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post How did Gibril Wilson feel on Super Sunday?
Quote:

You missed tackles to the point your pee-wee league coach called you to ask you what's wrong (true story). You didn't have an interception even though no less than four passes hit you in the hands throughout the season.

You temporarily lost your starting job midway through the season (for one game) only to regain the job but then lose it again the final game of the regular season. You had trouble in coverage.

And, hey, midway through the commercial you recognize yourself. And you're not the hero in this commercial, in fact you're the goat. And you suddenly realize that 40 percent of the televisions turned on around the country just showed what your 2009 season was mostly about.

Question: How do you feel?

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... he-po.html

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: How did Gibril Wilson feel on Super Sunday?
In Gebril's defense, that play was not his fault (no one could have tackled Bush on that play), but I remember starkly yelling at the TV noting his inadequacies being exposed on national TV.

I though it was great and remember telling my dad how terrible he was all season and that the commercial seemed fitting.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

eleaf wrote:
In Gebril's defense, that play was not his fault (no one could have tackled Bush on that play), but I remember starkly yelling at the TV noting his inadequacies being exposed on national TV.

I though it was great and remember telling my dad how terrible he was all season and that the commercial seemed fitting.

Just hit him out of bounds instead of going at his knees... was a dumb play... this guy has got to get cut... he's more of a liability than anyone else on this team.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:24 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
eleaf wrote:

Just hit him out of bounds instead of going at his knees... was a dumb play... this guy has got to get cut... he's more of a liability than anyone else on this team.

There's been times where just playing with 10 players on defense would be better than having him on the field. That collision against the Steelers comes to mind, but also, at least players knew they had a void to cover instead of relying on Wilson to do it.
I also definitely think Pasq's scheme had a lot to do with it. Years past I've always been critical of the teams offensive schemes...I think this is the first time in a long time that I've been comfortable with the offense and irritated at the defensive play calling.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

People act like this play by bush, or the play by Shockey are the reason Wilson sucks...

Its actually the reason Bush and Shockey great and their team went to the superbowl....

I am not defending Wilsons play through out the whole year. But I doubt that Revis is getting hammered because of Ginns catch....

With Nolan coming in this year I think Wilsons job is secure, if he doesnt improve drastically he will be released/traded

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
People act like this play by bush, or the play by Shockey are the reason Wilson sucks...

I don't think anybody is acting that way.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:16 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

10acjed wrote:
With Nolan coming in this year I think Wilsons job is secure, if he doesnt improve drastically he will be released/traded

is that a risk this orginization is willing to make?

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:49 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
10acjed wrote:

is that a risk this orginization is willing to make?

I don't understand how Nolan coming in makes Wilson's job safe. If anything, Nolan wants to bring in his own guys, and that does not include Wilson.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Good Bye Wilson. As soon as Nolan watches game film of his constant missed tackles and easy interception drops, he will be shown the door......and quickly. I am quite sure Sparano and Parcells have his position in the top three of upgrades.

Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]