View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 am



Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Ireland likes Ginn 
Author Message
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Hmm, that's interesting..


Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:22 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 6907
Location: ELP, TX.
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Rich wrote:
LOL, I don't think he is scared, he just knows he'll stutter and take longer to get the words out.

FYI I believe Ginn has a learning disability, which is part of the reason many thought he would take longer to develop.



That thought has crossed my mind a few times.....

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom


Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:38 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 42
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Rich wrote:
LOL, I don't think he is scared, he just knows he'll stutter and take longer to get the words out.

FYI I believe Ginn has a learning disability, which is part of the reason many thought he would take longer to develop.


I have thought the same thing about Jason Allen. You might be onto something here


Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 945
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.


So now the excuse is who was throwing to the player?

Who did Anquan Boldin have throwing to him his rookie season?

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:27 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 945
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Rich wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.


So now the excuse is who was throwing to the player?

Who did Anquan Boldin have throwing to him his rookie season?


Kurt Warner?

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
dolphinjim wrote:
Rich wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.


So now the excuse is who was throwing to the player?

Who did Anquan Boldin have throwing to him his rookie season?


Kurt Warner?

It was one of the McCown's actually.

And Quan TORE IT UP his rookie year...1300 yards.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:41 pm
Posts: 3
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Ginn is going to be awesome. I know it. I am still a supporter! Team Ginn! Lol. I didn't know you guys were redoing the site! Temp looks good!


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.


Bah... McNabb is over-rated.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 945
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Ginn's unofficial 40 time is 4.06!!

When you have that kind of speed on your team you find a way to use it.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:46 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 945
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
IamPZ wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.


Bah... McNabb is over-rated.


Over rated or not he has a heck of a lot stronger arm than Pennington ever did.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Phins Rock wrote:
It was one of the McCown's actually.

And Quan TORE IT UP his rookie year...1300 yards.


We have a winner.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
dolphinjim wrote:
Ginn's unofficial 40 time is 4.06!!

When you have that kind of speed on your team you find a way to use it.


Yeah, if you want to believe a site called "chacha.com". :hithead:

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
IamPZ wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.


Bah... McNabb is over-rated.

Really? I actually consider him to be the decade's most under-rated player.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
dolphinjim wrote:
Ginn's unofficial 40 time is 4.06!!


So is mine. I can unofficially squat more than most olympians as well.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
Oh come on Rich, Jackson had McNabb throwing to him from day one! Ginn started with soft pitch Penny and now has a 2nd year inconsistent QB (although I really think Henne will be a stud!) throwing to him. A HUGE difference.


Bah... McNabb is over-rated.

Really? I actually consider him to be the decade's most under-rated player.


He has had good team after good team for him to work with in the playoffs and he always falls short. He's too much of a cry baby for me.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
IamPZ wrote:

He has had good team after good team for him to work with in the playoffs and he always falls short. He's too much of a cry baby for me.


What in the world has McNabb ever cried about? He's taken teams with receivers like Todd Pinkston and Freddie Mitchell to the NFC championship game. He is one of the NFL's best quarterbacks ever, let alone just recently.

Marino fell short his entire career...is he too much of a cry baby?

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:49 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
IamPZ wrote:

He has had good team after good team for him to work with in the playoffs and he always falls short. He's too much of a cry baby for me.


What?!?

McNabb has performed at a Pro Bowl level year after year for, what, 11 years now?? And every off season Eagle fans are calling for his head like idiots. All I have seen is a guy take all the BS like a man, win 10+ games a year, take his team to FIVE Championship Games, not talk any trash, and just go and and do his business.

Where the heck did he ever act like a baby?? Ever...?? He even handled the TO situation with tons of class....


Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

He has had good team after good team for him to work with in the playoffs and he always falls short. He's too much of a cry baby for me.


What?!?

McNabb has performed at a Pro Bowl level year after year for, what, 11 years now?? And every off season Eagle fans are calling for his head like idiots. All I have seen is a guy take all the BS like a man, win 10+ games a year, take his team to FIVE Championship Games, not talk any trash, and just go and and do his business.

Where the heck did he ever act like a baby?? Ever...?? He even handled the TO situation with tons of class....


Thanks for making me not feel crazy. :yay:

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 945
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
I like how people totally make up things about a player to support thier arguments. Cracks me up!! McNabb played a superbowl with flu, never heard him cry.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
I think we have some man crushes here... McNabb gets worried every time someone new gets brought in because he's so insecure... don't you listen to the news or anything?

Everyone was shocked the Eagles went with Vick just for that reason!!

Pro bowl level for that many years? Funny, I don't remember him being in that many pro bowls...

when was the last time he won a league MVP?

He has had 3, maybe 4 solid seasons... the rest were average. Not to mention he's only played a full season 4 times... please... giving this guy way too much recognition... the Eagles fans have it right.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:03 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
dolphinjim wrote:
I like how people totally make up things about a player to support thier arguments. Cracks me up!! McNabb played a superbowl with flu, never heard him cry.


Not to mention threw 4 TD's against the Cardinals with a broken leg. I guess LamePz would have thrown 5, eh?

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Iowafin wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
I like how people totally make up things about a player to support thier arguments. Cracks me up!! McNabb played a superbowl with flu, never heard him cry.


Not to mention threw 4 TD's against the Cardinals with a broken leg. I guess LamePz would have thrown 5, eh?


So already you're going to start calling people names?

It appears someone around here (Iowafin) can't back his arguments up with anything other than putting the other poster down. Show me some facts or some stats that back up your argument...

I haven't made anything up at all... so I'm not sure where that's coming from. There was plenty of Radio and TV publicity surrounding the fact that McNabb is insecure...


Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
IamPZ wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
I like how people totally make up things about a player to support thier arguments. Cracks me up!! McNabb played a superbowl with flu, never heard him cry.


Not to mention threw 4 TD's against the Cardinals with a broken leg. I guess LamePz would have thrown 5, eh?


So already you're going to start calling people names?

It appears someone around here (Iowafin) can't back his arguments up with anything other than putting the other poster down. Show me some facts or some stats that back up your argument...

I haven't made anything up at all... so I'm not sure where that's coming from. There was plenty of Radio and TV publicity surrounding the fact that McNabb is insecure...


I wasn't putting you down, I honestly thought that was your name. This font thing has me screwed up. Regardless, me saying that he threw 4 TD's with a broken leg is a fact. Those reports were from reporters that say that the QB position is an insecure one....not to mention that the Philadelphia area has called for McNabb's head every year. Because of that, he gets guys like you saying that he should be gone because they have Vick, or Kolb.

Give us ONE example of McNabb being a crybaby.

_________________
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
IamPZ wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
I like how people totally make up things about a player to support thier arguments. Cracks me up!! McNabb played a superbowl with flu, never heard him cry.


Not to mention threw 4 TD's against the Cardinals with a broken leg. I guess LamePz would have thrown 5, eh?


So already you're going to start calling people names?

It appears someone around here (Iowafin) can't back his arguments up with anything other than putting the other poster down. Show me some facts or some stats that back up your argument...

I haven't made anything up at all... so I'm not sure where that's coming from. There was plenty of Radio and TV publicity surrounding the fact that McNabb is insecure...


That was not necassary, iowa.

PZ, I don't know him as a person, all I go by is what he displays on the field, in interviews, etc., and I have NEVER heard him complain in the slightest bit about anything. He plays in maybe the toughest sports town there is, and the fact that Philly fans are still pissed they didn't take Ricky makes it even tougher on the guy.

When he is healthy, he consistently puts up great stats, makes big plays, plays through pain, and has lead his team to tons of wins over the years. His career QB rating is higher than Marino's, and if I am not mistaken the 3rd highest since he was drafted only behind you know who and you know who.

The guy is a stud and has had to deal with TONS of absolute BS from HIS OWN FAN BASE...If I'm a player, I couldn't care less what my rival fans say about me, or what reporters are saying...but when your own fans call for your release/trade every off season, it's gotta be tough, and he handles it extremely well.

He was the one who convinced the Eagles to bring Vick in, so I don't buy your point on that. The whole insecurity thing is probably over blown. I don't see many QB's handling what he has had to endure the way he has. He's a stud on the field, and a class act off it.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:05 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 561
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Iowafin wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
So already you're going to start calling people names?

It appears someone around here (Iowafin) can't back his arguments up with anything other than putting the other poster down. Show me some facts or some stats that back up your argument...

I haven't made anything up at all... so I'm not sure where that's coming from. There was plenty of Radio and TV publicity surrounding the fact that McNabb is insecure...


I wasn't putting you down, I honestly thought that was your name. This font thing has me screwed up. Regardless, me saying that he threw 4 TD's with a broken leg is a fact. Those reports were from reporters that say that the QB position is an insecure one....not to mention that the Philadelphia area has called for McNabb's head every year. Because of that, he gets guys like you saying that he should be gone because they have Vick, or Kolb.

Give us ONE example of McNabb being a crybaby.
Well McNabb cried when T.O said he'd rather have Brady or Farve throwing him the ball.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Hey hey hey now... you're taking my words out of context... I said he was over-rated, I didn't say he was a bad quarterback... I wouldn't take Vick or Kolb over McNabb.

A lot of people seem to think he's one of the greats though, and if you're gonna sit here and tell me a guy who has never thrown for 4000 yards in a season, has 1 season of 30+ TD's and consistently loses in the playoffs is an all time great, then I'd have to strongly disagree.

The greats are typically known for 1 of 2 things:

1. Amazing Statistics
2. Winning in the Post-Season

McNabb is known for neither. He is a good QB, and maybe one day he'll win it with the Eagles... who knows... but I'm not gonna go around town singing about how good he is.


Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Iowafin wrote:
I wasn't putting you down, I honestly thought that was your name.


So you honestly believe he chose to name himself LamePZ?

Do you honestly believe people here are that gullible?

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:13 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5417
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Phins Rock wrote:
Why is it that we have to get rid of one of them??

Have we forgotten of a guy named Pat Turner....?


Ok, so which of the four is inactive or rarely sees the field every week once Pat Turner is gone or emerges?


Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
I'm a proponent for sitting one of those 11 linebackers we carry and bringing 5 receivers.


Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
I wasn't putting you down, I honestly thought that was your name.


So you honestly believe he chose to name himself LamePZ?

Do you honestly believe people here are that gullible?


I wouldn't know why he would have chosen to name himself that, fact is I made a mistake. Rip me all you want, it's the truth.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:47 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
IamPZ wrote:
I'm a proponent for sitting one of those 11 linebackers we carry and bringing 5 receivers.


I agree.

Also, Iowa, could you shrink your sig. a little? Thanks.


Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:49 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Phins Rock wrote:
IamPZ wrote:
I'm a proponent for sitting one of those 11 linebackers we carry and bringing 5 receivers.


I agree.

Also, Iowa, could you shrink your sig. a little? Thanks.


Yeah, I thought it was a little big.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:55 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3243
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Considering the sources I don't know how much weight these articles carry but some people do think that McNabb whines sometimes.

Quote:
Friday, February 1, 2008

MORE MCNABB WHINING
In case you missed it, the only NFL quarterback actively campaigning for more weapons on offense, defense and special teams said if the Eagles don't come through with help during the offseason, the media will have something to say about it.

Insightful, Mr. Donovan McNabb, who put that word out at Super Bowl XLII.

Bad timing. The last time McNabb played the Patriots, who oppose the Giants for the NFL title this Sunday, was Super Bowl XXXIX. The game highlights/lowlights are plastered all over the tube as that's the last Bowl the Patriots played in.

It's all coming back ...

McNabb answering an Adam Viniatiri field goal giving the Patriots a 24-14 bulge with the second of three interceptions.

And later, in a hurry-up offense that still lives in infamy, McNabb hyperventilated and became ill in the huddle according to teammates.

It was a hurry-up like no other, McNabb needing almost four minutes to score in the so-called two-minute offense and leaving the Eagles only 1-minute, 48-seconds to stop the Patriots and position his team for the tying field goal.

McNabb had weapons - plural - in that game. But McNabb could only get along with Brian Westbrook, not Terrell Owens, the best receiver on his team. Owens was kicked out of town. And now McNabb again is saying he wants big-time help. Did it really take him three years to reach that conclusion?

McNabb made no mention at this Super Bowl of how he's chronically misunderstood by the media and how the Eagles declined to re-work his contract and instead drafted his successor last spring.

All injury excuses aside, McNabb himself won just one game last year - against the unprepared Detroit Lions. That's it. He didn't lose eight games but he only won one. The Eagles picked off Tony Romo three times in Dallas, so don't go even go there.

Until McNabb starts playing like the old McNabb, the quarterback who made the players around him better, he should stop insulting teammates and making himself look like an apologist for media critics of the Eagles.

McNabb ought to keep the focus on himself, not management, as he did so successfully earlier in his career.

Even when McNabb had it his way, even when he lobbied to add Owens, he didn't answer the bell in the biggest game of his career.

Make no mistake, teammates still remember - and will never forget - how he played in Super Bowl XXIX with a full arsenal of weapons.




http://www3.allaroundphilly.com/blogs/d ... ining.html

Quote:
Donovan McNabb had the same reaction most fans had when the Philadelphia Eagles selected quarterback Kevin Kolb with their first pick in last month’s NFL draft. "It was shocking," McNabb said Tuesday in an interview on WIP-AM radio.

Speaking publicly for the first time since the draft on April 28-29, McNabb downplayed the perception he’s upset the Eagles selected his eventual successor.

The five-time Pro Bowl quarterback also said his rehab is going well following surgery for a torn knee ligament and he expects to play in the preseason.

"When you draft somebody at the position you’re in, of course you have questions of ’What does that mean?’" McNabb said. "The most important thing for me is to make sure I’m healthy and 100 percent and get back out there competing and do the right thing on the field."

McNabb met with coach Andy Reid soon after the draft, but wouldn’t reveal details of their conversation. He doesn’t have to worry about his starting job, especially since backup Jeff Garcia signed with Tampa Bay after leading the Eagles to the NFC East title and a playoff victory last season.

"If I’m healthy, it’s my job," said McNabb, who sustained a season-ending knee injury in Week 11 last season.

The 30-year-old McNabb has led the Eagles to four NFC championship games and a Super Bowl loss in eight seasons in Philadelphia. He’s finished the regular season on the sidelines three of the past five years.

"I don’t think I’m close to the end of my career," McNabb said. "People say when you hit 30, it goes down hill. I think it gets better after that. It’s unfortunate I’ve been hurt the last few years, but things happen."

The Eagles traded out of the first round and chose Kolb in the second round with the 36th overall pick. Kolb threw for 12,964 yards, 85 touchdowns and 31 interceptions in four years at Houston. He passed for 3,808 yards, 30 TDs and only four picks last season.

"I think Kevin Kolb is going to do an excellent job for us," McNabb said. "I’m going to try and help him as much as I can. I’m sure he’s going to do great. I look forward to working with him this weekend."

The Eagles open their first minicamp on Friday. McNabb won’t participate in practices, but will be working out at the practice facility. He said he isn’t sure if he’ll play in the preseason opener on Aug. 13, but expects to be ready for the second or third game.

Source: kstp.com



Read more: http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nfl/f2 ... z0chzfNN7r

I'm sure Andy Reid once again had to stroke the ego of his whiny quarterback.

The more McNabb opens his mouth, the more I think Terrell Owens was right. McNabb is just a "whiny doughboy". The team should have kept Owens and sent McNugget out the door.

I officially can't wait until the first time we see Kolb starting for the Philadelphia Eagles. The whining and controversy should make for some great discussions.

Read more: http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nfl/f2 ... z0chzvXOSA


Quote:
Just when you thought the rumors about Philadelphia Eagles quarterback leaving the team had died down, they have apparently been revived. According to Bob Brookover of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Fox Sports sideline reporter Pam Oliver had a conversation with McNabb on the sidelines during the Philadelphia Eagles-New York Giants game last Sunday.

According to Oliver, she states that in her in-game report about McNabb yesterday, which said that McNabb “seems to believe that his days in Philadelphia are numbered” and that “he sees an organization distancing itself from him.” When asked about the report in question, McNabb denied he made such statements, adding, “I don’t feel that way. I’ve said I want to be here eight more, nine more years, if that’s possible. We’ll see.”

Here’s the timeline of the conversation, as we know it: Oliver had a brief conversation with McNabb when he and backup QB A.J. Feeley were warming up before the Eagles-Giants game. Oliver said that she made contact with him and asked if he was interested in talking or not. She did the usual “how are you and the year must be difficult” banter, then according to Oliver, McNabb proceeded to provide her with a treasure trove of information that he volunteered, putting his opinion in the conversation, as well.

Oliver added that she “I’m a little shocked and dumbfounded that it has all been denied. I can’t believe it, and I don’t understand it.” Oliver also added that McNabb continued volunteering information about his current situation as she was walking away and thta she actually toned down the report to avoid any kind of controversy. In her report for Fox Sports, she added that, “Everything he said, I’m convinced he meant to say. The wording in my report, I was trying to do him a favor and trying not to cause controversy. The controversy turns out to be him denying the whole thing. He feels wronged by the organization. That was the gist of the conversation. I don’t think that’s news to anybody who has been able to get him away from the microphones. He’s a sensitive person. I guess he needs whatever he needs.”

My take on all of this: Pam Oliver, at least in my opinion, isn’t usually one to do an in-game report and add things to a report just to hear herself talk. Granted, there’s a first time for everything, yet I have this feeling that McNabb did vent to Oliver. And McNabb does have a history of bringing attention to himself, so this development isn’t all that surprising to me at all. Whether the Eagles do in fact release/trade McNabb is uncertain, but one would think that if you have issues, that you would keep them in-house. If anything, telling a sideline reporter or anyone involved in the printed and/or electronic media can be a risky proposition , depending on the individual in question. But I think that Oliver’s report does in fact have some teeth to it.


http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2007/12/1 ... abb-story/

Quote:
McNabb is a big crybaby who cares more about his image than winning games.

He bugged the Eagles to get Owens and they did.

Once there were whispers of Owens being the #1 guy there, not McNabb, what happened?

McNabb starts crying.

If he really cared about the team, work it out with Owens, who cares who's the top dog on the team?

Coincidentally they haven't sniffed the Super Bowl since.

Eagles draft Kolb and what happens?

McNabb and his mother start crying (WTF are you gonna be the QB forever?)

Seriously who cries when their team drafts a QB cause they need backup.

What makes the guy think he's so untouchable?

Then the latest, during the Bears Eagles game sideline reporter says something to the effect of "I like to play Vick when McNabb is doing good to avoid QB controversy".

Meaning if McNabb is playing like crap he's afraid to start Vick, cause McNabb with start whining again.

Does not care about the team and what it needs, puts himself over the team.


Great QB but doesn't have what it takes to win.


http://board.rapmusic.com/sports-centra ... lem-2.html


Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 42
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
AQNOR, glad you helped to settle that argument....now can we get back to the Dolphins on this thread?


Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Not that I care about McNabb one way or the other, but what did the 2nd article have to do about whining? How is saying he is going to help Kolb as best he can indicate he is whining?

Also, some of the other "quotes" seem to be message board or blog stuff.

That's proof?

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:55 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3812
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Rich wrote:
Not that I care about McNabb one way or the other, but what did the 2nd article have to do about whining? How is saying he is going to help Kolb as best he can indicate he is whining?

Also, some of the other "quotes" seem to be message board or blog stuff.

That's proof?


Yeah that 2nd article doesn't say much of anything about him whining... but I know for a fact it was a huge deal a few years there about him reportedly being whiney and demanding of his team... but whatever... it's back to the Phins!!


Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3243
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Just a sampling of stuff yes some was blog stuff not proof I did mention to consider the sources. Included the blog stuff because some eagles fans have this opinion of MCnabb but certainly not all. I don't know if any is definitive proof and what some might consider a whine or a cry others would not.

Some consider the second article where his first reaction was that he was shocked that they picked up a back up QB when they needed a back up QB to be a whine. If I understand it correctly the other quotes came later to modify his "I am shocked" first respone to their pick of a QB. He did mention he was shocked because it was his position. It is not like he has never been hurt.

I agree to much Eagles not enough Dolphins, my bad for continuing that trend.


Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:15 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20595
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
Eagles fans were cheering as Michael Irvin lay on the ground temporarily paralyzed after suffering a neck injury that I believe ended his career.

So them bashing their QB doesn't say much about the QB.

_________________
Image


Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ
Phinfever Blog Writer/NFL Pick 'Em Champ

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 144
Post Re: Ireland likes Ginn
I like Ted Ginn (the title of this, after all), so go ahead and dump. I'll take it.

We took a guy in the first round who was a late-second round prospect. We did not get Jerry Rice out of it. But, we got a guy who does have hands if not the most disciplined mind, and speed that no CB can handle. Revis is the best in the league this year. He destroyed the Mosses, the Smiths, the Ocho-stinkos. He owned them. The only guy who smoked him...was Ginn. If you even recall, he had help on Ginn's TD, and that dude was as toasted as Revis.

It's the same thing everyone seems to ignore as it has been for two seasons.
Whatever we ask him to do, he does pretty decently. Rush, Receive, Return, doesn't matter. He's hit the home run from all of them.

I wonder how many All-purpose yards other Dolphins who are treated with far more affection have their first three seasons? Hmmm? Well, I guess we find out, since I have little to do today and feel a bout of print-diarrhea approaching.

Here are the Dolphin's first-3 round draft choices for the last quarter-century, and what they did with the Dolphins in their first three years or less:

Patrick Turner, 2008 3rd Rd - 1 year (87th) Well, he's well on his way, with 0 catches, 0 rushes, 0 TDs and 0 yards.

Derek Hagan, 2006 3rd Rd - 2 years (82nd) A whopping 50 catches for 590 yards, and two returns for 50 yards. Three TDs. Scintillating.

Chris Chambers, 2001 2nd Rd (a) - 3 years (52nd) 164 catches (54.75 per season), 36 returns for 811 yards (22.5 avg.), 3488 all-purpose yards (15.8/rec) and 18 TDs. Made the tough catch look routine, and dropped the sure-fire pass.

Yatil Green, 1997 1st Rd - 3 years (15th) 18 catches, 234 yards (13.0/rec), 0 TDs. An injury waiting to happen. 1 game started, and that was his third year.

OJ McDuffie, 1993 1st Rd - 3 years (25th) 118 catches (39.33 per season) for 1504 yards, 9 rushes for 38 yards (4.22 avg.), 84 punt returns for 708 yards, 91 kick returns for 2086 yards, 13 total TDs and 4219 all-purpose yards. One of my all-time favorite Dolphins.

Randal Hill, 1991 1st Rd - 3 years in two visits (23rd) 33 catches, 14 returns for 291 yards, 960 all-purpose yards, 4 TDs. Ho-hum. 'Thrill hill' wasn't the same force as in college at the U.

Scott Schwedes, 1987 2nd Rd - 3 years (52nd) 13 catches for 304 yards, 81 combined returns for 793 yards, 2 TDs. Scrappy little dude who probably made the most of what little he had.

So, with ease OJ McDuffie is obviously the best of the bunch, right? Is that where you see it clearly?
Followed by Chambers probably?
Okay.
Ginn a distant third?

Ted Ginn, 2007 1st Rd - 3 years (9th), 128 catches (42.6 per season) for 1664 yards, 16 rushes for 124 yards (7.8 avg.), 170 returns for 3698 yards (combined), 5486 all-purpose yards and 10 TDs. So, our distant third has more catches for more yards and more returns for more yards than our obvious no.1?

DO NOT READ INTO THIS ANYTHING I DIDN'T PUT THERE< LIKE GINN IS BETTER THAN MCDUFFIE>: I DON'T THINK THAT, and didn't say that. I'm striving for perspective here. What I do know is that for the last twenty-five years, Ginn has been the most productive WR we have taken in the early rounds of the draft in his first three seasons.


Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:16 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], PADOLFAN and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.