Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Manning to Marino
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Thought i'd bring it up, since Peyton Manning is so often recognized for breaking Marino records and Marino this and Marino that. I seem to remember Marino walking in to a whole decade or two with no running game and he still got it done. I also recall when he only had one good WR and still got it done! I hope people realize that Manning really is human now that all his toys are gone (save 1).


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Manning to Marino
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:32 pm 
Offline
2016 Draft Analyst
2016 Draft Analyst

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 11243
Location: Lancaster, PA
Ski_Money wrote:
Thought i'd bring it up, since Peyton Manning is so often recognized for breaking Marino records and Marino this and Marino that. I seem to remember Marino walking in to a whole decade or two with no running game and he still got it done. I also recall when he only had one good WR and still got it done! I hope people realize that Manning really is human now that all his toys are gone (save 1).


Marino is better than all these guys chasing his records.
He did it in an era where the defenders weren't handcuffed by ticky tack interference calls.
If he were playing today he would have hit 5800 yards and 60 TD's in a season.
especially if he were throwing to guys like Moss and Calvin Johnson


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Manning to Marino
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 pm 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6683
Ski_Money wrote:
Thought i'd bring it up, since Peyton Manning is so often recognized for breaking Marino records and Marino this and Marino that. I seem to remember Marino walking in to a whole decade or two with no running game and he still got it done. I also recall when he only had one good WR and still got it done! I hope people realize that Manning really is human now that all his toys are gone (save 1).


Marino was human without all his toys as well. Go visit the '88 season. The bottom line is Manning always had the propensity to throw picks, even in college but so did Marino. Both are/were field generals and exhibited great leadership. Marino still had the better arm and release while Manning gets an edge in leadership. I think you're splitting hairs here.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Manning to Marino
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5140
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
yada , yada , yada. Unless Marino can come out of retirement & help this team enough of these posts to remind us how great he was & how he is the best ever & rings & stats dont mean a thing.
Why dont we see if any of the 72 guys are available because they dont lose. As a Dolphin fan give me something to smile about that is not ancient history.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Manning to Marino
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:08 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 712
FINesse wrote:
yada , yada , yada. Unless Marino can come out of retirement & help this team enough of these posts to remind us how great he was & how he is the best ever & rings & stats dont mean a thing.
Why dont we see if any of the 72 guys are available because they dont lose. As a Dolphin fan give me something to smile about that is not ancient history.



Jets got beat 45-3 tonight....that should make you smile.
We have the hottest cheerleaders......... :grin:

bout as much as I can do right now. The team this season hasn't had a whole lot to crack a smile about.

_________________
Miami Dolphins, Fist Pump Like Champions in 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016!
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Manning to Marino
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Fin, smile at this:

Dolphins cheerleaders oiled up on south beach rolling around the break water with hands full of ice cold beer waving you in...


I smiled.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Manning to Marino
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Ski_Money wrote:
Fin, smile at this:

Dolphins cheerleaders oiled up on south beach rolling around the break water with hands full of ice cold beer waving you in...


I smiled.


Yeah, I like water too.

_________________
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r