View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 My 2010 Mock Draft 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post My 2010 Mock Draft
1. St. Louis

Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Steve Spagnuolo knows his offense isn't very good, but he'll address that later. Right now, he wants to grab the best available player, and create something similar to what he had in New York. Suh as Justin Tuck, Leonard Little as Michael Strahan, and Chris Long as Osi Umenyiora.

2. Detroit

Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
]Detroit couldn't stop anyone defensively, but priority number one right now for the Lions is to keep Matt Stafford healthy. Russell Okung can be his own personal body guard.

3. Tampa Bay

Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
Tampa Bay is terrible. They need all the help they can get, and the best player available is Eric Berry. If they don't take him, I don't know what their reasoning is.

4. Washington

Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame
New coach Mike Shanahan takes over, and he wants to get some weapons to make his offense click. Jason Campbell hasn't been the answer, maybe Clausen can become his Cutler.

5. Kansas City

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa
Similar to Detroit, priority number one is protecting their quarterback. Bulaga will prove to have better feet than Williams come combine time, and Bulaga will also be a better run blocker for Jamaal Charles in Charge.

6. Seattle

Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech
Patrick Kearney is getting old, and the Seahawks were miserable on defense. Pete Carroll will try to remedy that with Morgan.

7. Cleveland

Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
Cleveland was young offensively, and I think Holmgren will allow them to grow. Therefore, his priority with this first pick is defense, and one of the best tackles just fell into his lap in McCoy.

8. Oakland

Joe Haden, DB, Florida
One day Oakland will decide that speed isn't always the answer. This won't be the day. Besides, getting someone to teammate with the NFL's best corner, Nnamdi Osomugha, could turn out to actually work.

9. Buffalo

Nate Allen, FS, South Florida
Until Ralph Wilson dies, which could be any day now, the Bills will always take a safety with their first pick.

10. *Jacksonville

Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers
Some mumblings amongst journalists everywhere say that the Jags want to pick someone that will fill the stands. Tim Tebow? Jack Del Rio knows what wins football games, and getting someone popular isn't it. The offensive line isn't very good, and Mr. Del Rio will remedy that with the huge Davis.

11. *Denver - from Chicago

C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
The Josh McDaniels circus continues. Brandon Marshall will most likely be gone come free agency, so the offense will need an explosive guy. Why not draft back to back big play running backs and add to your already crowded backfield?

12. Miami

Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
Miami is exuberant that Denver passed on the best linebacker in the draft, and select a man that will immediately help their linebacking woes in South Florida.

13. San Francisco

Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
Sam Bradford sits in New York sweating. The 49ers sit in their draft room salivating. They pick a guy that could put to an end the debate as to whether former number one selection Alex Smith or man stuck in the 80's Shaun Hill should quarterback the team.

14. Seattle - from Denver

Joe McKnight, RB, Southern California

Pete Carroll gets his second selection inside the top 15, and he takes a man that can immediately help the offense, and someone he's familiar with.

15. New York Giants

Earl Thomas, DB, Texas
The Giants defensive backfield needs help. Earl Thomas hasn't been drafted. Seems like a good match.

16. *Tennessee

Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State

Tennessee could go a number of ways with this pick. They have their choice of any receiver in the draft right now, so they decide to give Vince Young a big playmaker.

17. *San Francisco - from Carolina

Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
Mike Singletary is upset that San Francisco has taken an offensive player with their first pick for two years straight now. So, he drops his pants and written on his butt cheeks is the name Brandon Graham. The draft room laughs and concurs that this guy has elevated his draft status and is a great pick at this spot.

18. Pittsburgh

Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma
The Steelers have had a miserable offensive line for two years now. Mike Tomlin wants to address this and gets a surprise since the 6'5" tackle is still on the board.

19. *Atlanta

Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

Same philosophy that made the beginning of The Blind Side has resonated through this draft. Five offensive tackles have been drafted now. Campbell will most likely go to right tackle to open up holes for Turner as Sam Baker mans the left tackle spot.

20. *Houston

Ryan Matthews, RB, Rutgers
Gary Kubiak was pulling his hair out every time his running backs fumbles the ball. Surprisingly, he still has hair. Steve Slaton, Ryan Mouton, you name it, they couldn't hold onto it. Houston takes the best running back (in my opinion) with Matthews and Kubiak looks to regain the powerful running attack he had in Denver to go with his explosive passing game.

21. Cincinnati

Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame
Do you remember all the drops that the Bengals had in their final two games? So do the Bengals. Golden Tate is a nice fit for this offense.

22. New England

Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

New England needs defensive help, so Bill Belicheat gets the best outside linebacker in the draft in Kindle. The Patriots need an OLB, so fittingly, nobody drafts one so that the Patriots get the cream of the crop.

23. Green Bay

Charles Brown, OT, Southern California

Amazingly, Aaron Rodgers made the Pro Bowl and threw all sorts of touchdowns despite his pitiful offensive line. The Packers had to and will address their tackle issues with Brown.

24. Philadelphia

Taylor Mays, S, Southern California

The Eagles had receivers running all over their defensive backfield. Hopefully having a man filled with steroids will make them think twice about going over the middle.

25. Baltimore

Brandon LaFell, WR, Louisiana State

Derrick Mason is getting up there in age and almost retired before this last season. LaFell will be nice a big compliment to Mark Clayton.

26. Arizona

Carlos Dunlap, DE, Florida

Sports announcers boasted their knowledge by proclaiming that Arizona was the first team to ever allow back to back 40+ point games in the playoffs. That's because if you give up 40+ points in the playoffs, you lose. With Warner's retirement, defense will become even more of a need.

27. Dallas

Dexter McCluster, RB, Ole Miss

This is a great pick. McCluster will be the X-Factor that can make this offense go from good to great.

28. San Diego

Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho

Did you know that even with Ladainian Tomlinson and Darren Sproles the Chargers were at the bottom of the league in rushing? Part of that has to do with Norv Turner's terrible play calling, but the other part is the middle of their offensive line is getting eaten up. They'll get the best guard in the draft, and maybe even in this decade thus far.

29. New York Jets

Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee
Two reasons for this pick: 1. Kris Jenkins is old and has only played two full seasons in the last 8 years, including a stretch where he only played 5 games in two years. 2. Rex Ryan is fat, and wants some company in the fat category. Fast fact: It takes 50 Southeast Asia women to equal the weight on just Ryan's fat.

30. Minnesota

Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State
Pat Williams is old, and too bad they missed out on Dan Williams to keep the Williams' Wall in tact.

31. **New Orleans

Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

Speaking of Williams', Gregg Williams could use a guy like Spikes.

32. **Indianapolis

Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma State
Another offensive weapon for Peyton. Sounds good says Bill Polian.

*-Denotes a coin flip will decide draft position
**-Dependent on Super Bowl winner.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: My 2010 Mock Draft
Well I thought it was a good read.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Not bad... a new twist on the top 12 spots for sure... one that could actually happen given the past couple drafts by some of those teams.

NIcely done Iowa, it's not easy putting one of these together.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Not bad... a new twist on the top 12 spots for sure... one that could actually happen given the past couple drafts by some of those teams.

NIcely done Iowa, it's not easy putting one of these together.

Thank you, sir. :yay:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This time of the year I always wish we had more picks. Maybe we give Seattle Ginn, Porter, Wilson and White for their 1st round picks...

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:51 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

The only one that really stuck out in my mind that I didn't agree with is

Iowafin wrote:
27. Dallas

This is a great pick. McCluster will be the X-Factor that can make this offense go from good to great.

Why would Dallas need a RB? They have Barber, Felix Jones, and Choice.....

Unless Barber or someone is getting moved that I didn't know about, or someone had an injury or something I am forgetting. Other than that I don't see Dallas picking a RB.... that's a pretty solid group if you ask me.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:26 am
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

a good 1 !!!

just a couple of points from me if tampa bay dont take dt [mcCoy] i will be shocked
but then again berry is a hell of a pick for them and they need a safety

not sure the jags take a tackle ,[didnt they take 2 high last year top 1-3 rounds??]

i can see dallas picking maybe a tackle rather than a rb [adams and columbo getting on in years]

Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:13 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Coots wrote:
The only one that really stuck out in my mind that I didn't agree with is

Iowafin wrote:
27. Dallas

Why would Dallas need a RB? They have Barber, Felix Jones, and Choice.....

Unless Barber or someone is getting moved that I didn't know about, or someone had an injury or something I am forgetting. Other than that I don't see Dallas picking a RB.... that's a pretty solid group if you ask me.

McCluster is listed as a receiver, and he'd most likely be a slot receiver coming into the league. At 165lbs, I don't see a lot of teams putting him at tailback.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:01 pm
Phinfever VIP!
Phinfever VIP!

other than Kindle falling all the way down to the Patsies I thought your mock looked pretty good.

not so sure that McClain will be there for the fins at #12, but I really don't know what to expect from Denver and Josh McDaniels?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:20 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Why is Kindle considered a 1st round pick?? His stats are less than telling for a guy going that high.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:45 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

I don't like Kindle either, but not because of the stats. He's a 43 OLB.

Nice mock iowa. Interesting with Mccoy slipping and Spiller going to Denver at 11.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

IamPZ wrote:
Why is Kindle considered a 1st round pick?? His stats are less than telling for a guy going that high.

Well stats don't always tell the whole story, plus teams get enamored with a guys physical attributes over his talent (see Vernon Davis). However, I watched a bit of him, and was especially impressed with him in the National Championship game.
At 6-4 255#, he is perfect for the 3-4. I'm not sure why PR thinks he's better fit for a 4-3?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Iowafin wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

Well stats don't always tell the whole story, plus teams get enamored with a guys physical attributes over his talent (see Vernon Davis). However, I watched a bit of him, and was especially impressed with him in the National Championship game.
At 6-4 255#, he is perfect for the 3-4. I'm not sure why PR thinks he's better fit for a 4-3?

I'd be surprised if those numbers were accurate. I'd say he plays at about 245. To me he is not big enough or strong enough to play the OLB position in a 34. I think he'll be better off playing in more open space where he can use his best asset, in his speed.

Then again Clay Mathews is pretty under-sized too.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

I'd be surprised if those numbers were accurate. I'd say he plays at about 245. To me he is not big enough or strong enough to play the OLB position in a 34. I think he'll be better off playing in more open space where he can use his best asset, in his speed.

Then again Clay Mathews is pretty under-sized too.

Undersized? I don't generalize too much, but I think you put too much weight (no pun intended) on players' sizes. Terrell Suggs is 6'3" 260, James Harrison is 6'0" 242, Joey Porter is 6'3" 255, Junior Seau 6'3" 250, 6'4" 261, Demarcus Ware is 6'4" 262, Anthony Spencer is 6'3" 255, Shaun Phillips 6'4" 262, heck even Jason Taylor weighs no more than 250

Do you really think all those weights and heights are accurate? How big do you want these guys?

Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:52 pm

Larger than Kindle.

If he presses more than 25 reps, I might change my opinion, but I just don't see him as having enough bulk to play 34 OLB.

Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:28 pm
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host
Phinfever Draft Guru/Radio Host

Nice job with your mock Iowafin. PhinsRock, I definitely see Sergio Kindle as an OLB in a 3-4 defense.

I know I am in the minority on this, but I certainly think Dez Bryant will be a consideration at #12 along with Rolando. Don't get me wrong, I would be more than happy with taking McClain at #12.

Dexter going to Dallas is interesting.

Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]