View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Not Tylers fault. 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Not Tylers fault.
No offensive linemen... No running game. Tyler did alright if you ask me. It was the TEAM that let me down. So all you idiots throwing Tyler at fault... don't be ridicules. I still rather have Tyler in there rather then Henne and Pennington. Imagine Henne behind no line.... 4-5 INT easy.
Our whole team blew tonight....

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:06 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Not Tylers fault.
Thigpen and Wake are the only two that didn't quit. I don't have a problem with losing but I do have a problem with quitters.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:09 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I wish I could just have a signature that was legitimate... like the position on it...

"The task of the leader is to get his people from where they are to where they have not been..."
— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:12 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The only guys on offense who made any sort of plays today are Thigpen and Hartline. Marshall dropped easy passes and made an butt of himself, then he got hurt...without any contact at all. Our center also found a way to injure himself on a routine play with no contact.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:13 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

RedZone wrote:
No offensive linemen... No running game. Tyler did alright if you ask me. It was the TEAM that let me down. So all you idiots throwing Tyler at fault... don't be ridicules. I still rather have Tyler in there rather then Henne and Pennington. Imagine Henne behind no line.... 4-5 INT easy.

No, not Tyler's fault. Must be Henne's fault.

What a joke of a post. I love the hypocrisy of those Henne bashers...

When receivers were falling or tipping passes to the defense, those INTs were Henne's fault.... but when Thigpen is throwing right at defenders, it's not his fault.

Laughable.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:15 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
RedZone wrote:

When receivers were falling or tipping passes to the defense, those INTs were Henne's fault.... but when Thigpen is throwing right at defenders, it's not his fault.

Laughable.

I'm not a Henne basher.... Look at my sig, and my Avatar.... That assumption is laughable my friend. I just know we'd be losing 40-0 if Henne was in there. He's just not mobile. This whole TEAM is at fault... Do you read? Or do you just kinda see what you want too?

— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:18 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

This was my fault. I talked to Dan Henning before the game & told him "As soon as you find a play that works, don't do it again. Example; if we can complete a midrange pass to Hartline over the middle, we should then dedicate the next two plays for Cobbs"

Also, I wore a Miami Dolphins belt buckle that has been historically associated with Dolphins losses. I apologize guys. Its going in the back of the closet

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:20 am

RedZone wrote:
I'm not a Henne basher.... I just know we'd be losing 40-0 if Henne was in there.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

More idiocy.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:21 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rich wrote:
RedZone wrote:

Laughable.

:awe:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:22 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
RedZone wrote:
I'm not a Henne basher.... I just know we'd be losing 40-0 if Henne was in there.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

More idiocy.

Yeah you just kinda see what you want...lol

— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:23 am

I'm not a Henne basher.

But he is so terrible that we would have lost 40-0 with him in there.

At least with a stud like Thigpen, we only lost 16-0.

Cuz like you know... the defense was much better thanks to Thigpen...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:25 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
I'm not a Henne basher.

But he is so terrible that we would have lost 40-0 with him in there.

At least with a stud like Thigpen, we only lost 16-0.

Cuz like you know... the defense was much better thanks to Thigpen...

You quote my words to bend them to what you want to see. I said it was a team thing. I'm not a Henne basher, and I said nothing about Thigpen being a stud. He just hasn't had a fair chance. He didnt have a o-line, running game or a WR that would help him... Henne has had all those on all his chances. Henne is solid, just not mobile. So I feel like if we went off of his arm we would have done worse...

Your just angry that our team lost and your trying your best to look smart. And to be a smart arse. But twisting peoples words and saying that they said things they didn't. Is childish.
:)

— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:28 am

No question Thigpen sucked tonight. But I agree with the ascertain it wasn't his fault. Henning is the one that had this kid trying to throw from the pocket all night. That's not his schtick. He's a roll out type of player. Furthermore, where was the running game..oh that's right lets run right at 10 guys stacked in a 7 yard area. No screens, no reverses (after teh one miscue) and no runs outside. Lets run right at Urlacher and 9 other guys in the middle. No fear of the deep pass either. Did they chuck one deep all night? 3 QB's and no deep passes. Two have the arms..hmmmm wonder who is keeping the shackles on

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:29 am

RedZone wrote:
You quote my words to bend them to what you want to see.

Or rather paraphrase what you show.

Quote:
I'm not a Henne basher

No, you think so highly of him that for some reason you thought the team would lose 40-0 with him in there...

Quote:
Your just angry that our team lost

I guess I should be joyful instead.

Quote:
and your trying your best to look smart.

Next to a guy who says he isn't a Henne basher and then proceeds to say we would have lost 40-0 with him at QB, looking smart is effortless.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:31 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
He's a roll out type of player.

Can't rollout on every play. That doesn't work in the pros.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:32 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Tyler sucks.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Tyler might suck, but the rest of the offense deserves him. I thought Marshall was just showing his heart with his emotions and antics....but now it is apparent that he just isn't playing as a professional at this juncture in his career.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:37 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

So you insult my intelligence? Your really reaching aren't you?

Yeah, its a football game man...Chill. I'm mad too. But we all have problems in our own lives that are more important than arguing my points to some dude who doesn't ever cross my thoughts in reality... your a no body to me... And I am a no body to you... So why do you try and stress so much? Bigger problems I have to face then "Am I a henne basher?"

— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:38 am

Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
He's a roll out type of player.

Can't rollout on every play. That doesn't work in the pros.

I think he called one roll out all night...the rest was improv

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:40 am

RedZone wrote:

Not sure why that bothers you so much. You didn't seem to have a problem insulting the intelligence of those you disagreed with before anyone had a chance to insult yours. Or did you forget this little gem posted by you?

Quote:
So all you idiots throwing Tyler at fault...

Next time hold your stones...

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:42 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
RedZone wrote:

Not sure why that bothers you so much. You didn't seem to have a problem insulting the intelligence of those you disagreed with before anyone had a chance to insult yours. Or did you forget this little gem posted by you?

Quote:

Next time hold your stones...

Well they are idiots. And you are too. Any idiot(me) can see that. Lol.

— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:43 am

RedZone wrote:

You're also a hypocrite. You don't want your intelligence (or lack thereof) insulted, but you don't hesitate to insult the intelligence of others.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:45 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Rich wrote:
RedZone wrote:

You're also a hypocrite. You don't want your intelligence (or lack thereof) insulted, but you don't hesitate to insult the intelligence of others.

I never said I didnt want it insulted... I just asked you if thats what your doing? And continue to do... Which is what I did... so your sinking to my level (or you were already there) which makes me and you the same. :D

Goodnight Rich, I hope your saltiness heals by morning.

— Henry Kissinger

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:47 am

RedZone wrote:
I never said I didnt want it insulted... I just asked you if thats what your doing? And continue to do... Which is what I did... so your sinking to my level (or you were already there) which makes me and you the same.

You call it sinking.

I call it treating someone how they clearly want to be treated.

Show your appreciation.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:48 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thigpen played like a third string quarterback today. Everyone in here that had this crazy illusion that bringing in Thigpen would somehow be an improvement over Henne just got brought sharply back to reality. Granted nobody really helped him out that much, but he held on to the ball too long and didn't throw it away when he needed to. He took too many costly sacks and he never really got our offense into any kind of rythm. He couldn't even put together a single scoring drive!
I know there are a lot of people that think Henne is never going to pan out. I think there are many out there that secretly were hoping either Pennington or Thigpen would swoop in and turn our offense into a juggernaut. Well, there is no easy button. Our offense sucks right now. The offense doesn't fit the players we have. We keep doing the same predictable offense week after week and it is killing us. I just hope Henne can get healthy and salvage what little left we have of a season. Hopefully the owner will see that this is unacceptable and he will fire some of the staff after this is all said and done!
:angry:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:04 am

wkloiber13 wrote:
Thigpen played like a third string quarterback today. Everyone in here that had this crazy illusion that bringing in Thigpen would somehow be an improvement over Henne just got brought sharply back to reality. Granted nobody really helped him out that much, but he held on to the ball too long and didn't throw it away when he needed to. He took too many costly sacks and he never really got our offense into any kind of rythm. He couldn't even put together a single scoring drive!
I know there are a lot of people that think Henne is never going to pan out. I think there are many out there that secretly were hoping either Pennington or Thigpen would swoop in and turn our offense into a juggernaut. Well, there is no easy button. Our offense sucks right now. The offense doesn't fit the players we have. We keep doing the same predictable offense week after week and it is killing us. I just hope Henne can get healthy and salvage what little left we have of a season. Hopefully the owner will see that this is unacceptable and he will fire some of the staff after this is all said and done!
:angry:

Pssst.....

Redzone thinks you're an idiot.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:05 am

Anyone that thinks Henne would've done better tonight is deluding themselves. Henne would've been on IR after the beating he would've taken. Thigpen would've been sacked about 10 times had it not been for his scrambling ability.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:08 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Re: Not Tylers fault.
Marshall begs for the ball and cant fricken catch it...weak effort..."Brandon beamed the ref in the face with the ball..it seems he is frusrated!"..next weeks headline :cry:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:11 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

spell check ..would be key here lol

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:12 am

NFLJunkie wrote:
Anyone that thinks Henne would've done better tonight is deluding themselves. Henne would've been on IR after the beating he would've taken. Thigpen would've been sacked about 10 times had it not been for his scrambling ability.

Thank you for the speculation.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:15 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

RedZone wrote:
I honestly don't know who is worse Thigpen or Lemon.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 2:53 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This makes no sense to me. I know the Bears have the number two rush defense in the league, but we have our third string QB in who was thrown into the game sunday after Henne's injury, probably with a lack of preparation, and is on a short practice week tonight, and Ronnie and Ricky each get three carries throughout the game. Half of the snaps from the shot gun he couldn't even handle (although Incognito tried his best not having much time at the center position (he didn't even touch Urlacher on that 3rd down blitz!!!) ) and didn't have Marshall in the second half. I thought for sure we would run early and often against this Bears defense and try and help Thigpen out...guess that's why I am not the offensive coordinator and the brilliant Dan Henning is. Maybe the dreaded Wild Cat should have been at least tried in the game.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Oh, and I thought Pat White lacked confidence and was pretty confused last season...Thigpen was up there with him tonight.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:06 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

How can anyone defend Thigpen's performance tonight. Sure you can't blame him for the loss entirely because of an overall POS performance of this team tonight, but seriously he was atrocious. Dropping back ten yards to complete 3 yard passes, throwing into triple coverage with no reciever in sight, scrambling and looking to take off running unecessarily on every down even he had good protection and could have easily stepped up into the pocket and had plenty of time to complete a pass.

To me it looked like he was VERY poorly trying to imitate Vick out there and as bad as Henne has been lately he has been far superior in his ability to manage this terrible offense(half of which I blame on Henning, the other half I blame on our offensive line particuarly the interior scrubs we've been starting.)

Maybe he will turn out ok I was looking forward to seeing him start to tell you the truth, but it just seemed like he was trying way too hard to make something happen on his own and get some highlights rather then make the easy plays an get it done when it mattered. I don't know about you guys, but i'm really hoping to get Henne back on the field soon.

“We all stink. We're 0-6, everybody stinks. We’ve all, in some way, shape or form have not been good enough I don’t care if it’s the front-desk secretary — she ain’t doing a good enough job.”-Reggie Bush

Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:01 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Tyler doesn't suck, he just isn't a starting NFL quarterback. He is a solid backup who struggles to make all the throws and tries to cover it up with his athletic ability. He had Dwayne Bowe and Tony Gonzalez and won 1 game in KC.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:

Right because Henne doesn't have a penchant for getting rid of the ball too quickly to a check down or throwing it away.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:54 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Did I tell you he sucks?

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Again, some of you need to relax.

I happen to agree with Makchell, he sucks.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:21 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Steve Zissou wrote:
This was my fault. I talked to Dan Henning before the game & told him "As soon as you find a play that works, don't do it again. Example; if we can complete a midrange pass to Hartline over the middle, we should then dedicate the next two plays for Cobbs"

I have to admit that sometimes I wonder if that is the mindset up in that booth.

Steve Zissou wrote:
Also, I wore a Miami Dolphins belt buckle that has been historically associated with Dolphins losses. I apologize guys. Its going in the back of the closet

Why not mail that to a Jets fan? I jinxed the team as well by not wearing a Dolphins jersey during the game.

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:34 pm
Profile WWW

Go back and review the reverse to Hartline...the only one called in the first quarter. It was a great play call and the Bears were all sucked in the middle. Hartline/Thigpen fumble the exchange so lets not do that again. :hithead:

Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next