View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:19 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins Joey Porter says team should trade Him 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins Joey Porter says team should trade Him
Quote:
``I won't accept it no more, you know what I mean?'' Porter said, while speaking to Jim Rome on ESPN. ``I accepted it last year because I'm a team guy. I just want to play, have fun and win football games.

``When you're winning, all of this stuff is (swept) away. But after seeing how last year went, asking me to come back and play that role again, I can honestly say I won't come back to do that. I can't be happy about coming back playing that role.''

Porter said he believes it would be best if the Dolphins traded him to another team - a prospect that isn't likely to be as easy to do as Porter made it sound.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/footb ... 57727.html

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Miami Dolphins Joey Porter says team should trade Him
TRADE HIM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:yay:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:38 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

HA
ive liked what peezy has done here..... that said, i dont see him back, there there is no trade value for him.....they will either kiss n make up or he will just haveta be let go

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:47 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I would rather get something for him. I am ready to see what our young guys have. thanks joey for all you have done for us, we love you but its time

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:21 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

motor city phin fan wrote:
HA
ive liked what peezy has done here..... that said, i dont see him back, there there is no trade value for him.....they will either kiss n make up or he will just haveta be let go

I agree that his trade value has to be pretty low if he has any at all........more than likely they'll just let him go......he had a decent run with the fins, especially the 2008 season......thanks for the memories!

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

What are we supposed to trade you for Joey? A Sanchez hotdog? A bag of Fritos? An ipad?
Dude is going to play or get cut, I don't see anyone paying up for this guy.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:48 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Joey Porter is a situational player right now, 33 years old with a big contract. There is no trade value there.

Joey will be released. Thanks for the memories Joey.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Porter's IQ must be tiny.

First of all, he said, "cuz I'm a team guy.." Team guys don't complain about their role. They don't do a role because they're a "team guy" and then whine about it. They just do it. So he's being contradictory.

Second of all, he is getting paid huge money to stand on the sidelines so he shouldn't be complaining anyway.

Lastly, does he not realize that perhaps his role was the way it was due to the a-the players on the roster which will change in the off season, b-the defensive coordinator's inability to come up with a sufficient gameplan, that of which has been fired and they brought in a new guy that has proven to upgrade defenses and most importantly the outside linebacker spot, or c-HIS play sucks and therefore got him the bench?

The guy is an idiot to be crying foul in this situation. If he wants out, fine, but he should know that no one will pay him what he's getting paid now, and if he stays he will be utilized (prior to running his mouth, he has no hope now)

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Iowafin wrote:
Lastly, does he not realize that perhaps his role was the way it was due to the a-the players on the roster which will change in the off season, b-the defensive coordinator's inability to come up with a sufficient gameplan, that of which has been fired and they brought in a new guy that has proven to upgrade defenses and most importantly the outside linebacker spot, or c-HIS play sucks and therefore got him the bench?

The guy is an idiot to be crying foul in this situation. If he wants out, fine, but he should know that no one will pay him what he's getting paid now, and if he stays he will be utilized (prior to running his mouth, he has no hope now)

I agree with you, but he has plenty of hope. Porter has been a standout player in this league for years. It is just to bad he only shows up every other year. I'm just glad it's going to be the other year. I personally would like to see him one more year atleast, especially under Nolan.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:11 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I've got an idea we should trade Ginn and Porter to the Raiders for two second round picks and a third.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:37 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Alex13 wrote:
I've got an idea we should trade Ginn and Porter to the Raiders for two second round picks and a third.

actually that is not a bad idea, should ask for their 2nd and both their 3rd round picks this year instead of waiting for next years second

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:03 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Alex13 wrote:

lol. i love the additional sig

Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:03 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Having a guy like Porter who now seems like he doesnt want to be here cannot be a good thing as well.
But hey , im glad he is a team guy.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:01 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Quote:
This issue would ordinarily threaten to carry over for quite some time if Porter's delusional thinking was accurate and he actually had trade value. Then, 2010 likely being an uncapped year, the Dolphins might decide to pay Porter $1 million for the sake of salvaging a third- or fourth-round draft pick -- sort of like they did with Jason Taylor in 2008.

But Porter's trade value is zero. Zilch. Nada.

There is no team insane enough to pay a draft pick for a declining, undisciplined, headache. The market for such players is generally small anyway. In a year when the draft is promising lots of good talent even into the late middle rounds, the market for Porter practically disappears.

So, while the choice whether to keep or cut Porter remains a topic in the public realm -- largely because Porter has kept it there. The truth is the Dolphins have very little choice in this matter.

Porter's days with Miami are numbered.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... to-th.html

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:30 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I think I got some belly button lint I could trade for him... let's make a deal.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:51 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Guys who air their dirty laundry in public annoy me. Has he not seen the "trade requests" in recent years? They have gotten most players exactly nowhere. Just ask Boldin and Ocho, and both of them have about infinitely more trade value than Joey.

Keep your trap shut, or you risk having a very unpleasant year. If, for some reason, we don't trade/release him, he'll have to play or retire, and playing in front of fans who have listened to you yap all summer about wanting to be elsewhere is no good. Just ask Ocho. Even his biggest fans hated him here in Bengals country after his histrionics a couple of summers ago.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:53 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

IamPZ wrote:
I think I got some belly button lint I could trade for him... let's make a deal.

What the f___________...........

Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:14 pm

Coots wrote:
IamPZ wrote:

What the f___________...........

Exactly.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:07 pm

Last seven games huh? When we needed this team to be the best it can be and get better. They were busy trying to choose sides. Total BS, IMO.

I know we had injuries and such but I'm starting to think some guys on D weren't playing at 100%, mentally.

I'm sure we'll be hearing from Matt Roth soon also.

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:47 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]