View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Big acquisitions/expectations, yet little results .... 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Big acquisitions/expectations, yet little results ....
Amazing isn't it? Run out and snag one of the top WR's in the game and top LB's and what are the results? Very little impact worth mentioning. I'd go so far as to saying that this team is regressing before our very eyes.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:48 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Big acquisitions/expectations, yet little results ....
I like Dansby & although you could say we overpaid , we seemingly paid market price. I think he comes to play.
As for Marshall , I just hope frustration does not set in & he starts to go off with the mouth & become disruptive. I really though he was a good fit because I thought Henne was a QB who could really sling it.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Miami neglected the NT position, and let Nate Jones go as the nickle corner. So when the injuries of Allen, Merling, and Odrick came, Miami was left in the crapper for the defense.
The rookie pool was suppose to help...but Edds, Jerry, Odrick (all top 4 picks) got hurt. They failed to find a replacement for Allen/Jones, so they trade the only sure hands on the team to the Minnesota for a crap player in Sapp.

Yeah, they got big acquisitions, but neglected other areas...and have gotten unlucky with injuries.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:56 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
I like Dansby & although you could say we overpaid , we seemingly paid market price. I think he comes to play.
As for Marshall , I just hope frustration does not set in & he starts to go off with the mouth & become disruptive. I really though he was a good fit because I thought Henne was a QB who could really sling it.

I dunno about you man, but with every mounting loss .... and every failed opportunity to get him the ball and get him scoring .... I can feel the clock ticking on the volcano Mt. Marshall. It's inevitable. It's just who he is.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

I dunno about you man, but with every mounting loss .... and every failed opportunity to get him the ball and get him scoring .... I can feel the clock ticking on the volcano Mt. Marshall. It's inevitable. It's just who he is.

Well before he gets mouthy he might improve his game a bit and quit tipping/dropping passes. I've also seen a couple passes in the end zone that he has allowed to sail through his hands.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Well before he gets mouthy he might improve his game a bit and quit tipping/dropping passes. I've also seen a couple passes in the end zone that he has allowed to sail through his hands.

That's what happens with guys like Marshall though. We already knew he had a drop problem prior to this regardless. But as the frustration sets in, so will his lack of concentration.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:03 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Drops? He had Alligator arms because Lewis was hunting.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Quote:

Thats just what I was implying.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:06 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Henne sucked today....some drops didn't help....but his accuracy still is lacking (missed a TD throw, threw high for a tipped INT, had a wide open Bess at the 5 and threw high and behind, forcing him to adjust and giving time for the defender to run up for a tackle at the 1/2 yard line...a horrible decision on his first pick of the day....and it goes on). Henne is not ready yet. He has the arm, but inconsistency makes him frustrating to watch. The coaches have to be getting frustrated as well.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

some drops didn't help[i][/i]

Two drops and the B. Marhsall drop was when the game was out of reach.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
some drops didn't help[i][/i]

Two drops and the B. Marhsall drop was when the game was out of reach.

That's not true. Ronnie dropped an easy 3rd down pass when it was 20-10.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:06 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

That's not true. Ronnie dropped an easy 3rd down pass when it was 20-10

Ronnie was acounted for in my post.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
That's not true. Ronnie dropped an easy 3rd down pass when it was 20-10

Ronnie was acounted for in my post.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:18 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Rock Sexton wrote:
Amazing isn't it? Run out and snag one of the top WR's in the game and top LB's and what are the results? Very little impact worth mentioning. I'd go so far as to saying that this team is regressing before our very eyes.

Yes you picked up those two guys, but you also got a lot younger (and far less experienced) overall as a team.

2nd youngest team in the NFL. Inconsistent play and growing pains are to be expected. Throw that 2nd youngest team in the NFL into a gauntlet of games against Superbowl contenders and and 4-4 is about what you get.

Let's look at the roster overall:

No need to mention that Henne is still a toddler when it comes to the QB position.

On the offensive line, you replaced your entire interior offensive line with younger, less experienced players. Berger in particular has never been a starter before this season. He started some games last year in relief of an injured Grove. You also brought in Jerry and McQuistan, two guys who have never started before in the NFL.

You got better at receiver and the numbers show that. But your tight end is still a number #2 tight end at best. The best friend of a young, developing QB is the tight end.

Your running backs are older of course, and seem to be losing a step (or a coach that will actually call plays for them).

On defense you really got younger, replacing your two outside linebackers, free safety one cornerback position and a lot of rotational positions with younger players. Special teams are full of younger, less experienced players.

Say what you want about the players we got rid of, Porter, Taylor, Ayodele, Smiley, Grove, etc (and Will Allen to IR), this team got younger and less experienced. And I think that factors into why they are 4-4 and perform inconsistently from week to week.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]