View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Henne is HORRIBLE !!! 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Terrible passes, too scared to throw the ball !! Time for Penny to come in for a bit !!!

"BRUTALLY HONEST"

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:05 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Henne is HORRIBLE !!!
Your posts are horrible.

Time for the Ax Man to come in.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:07 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

LA Fins Fan wrote:
Terrible passes, too scared to throw the ball !! Time for Penny to come in for a bit !!!

"BRUTALLY HONEST"

Care to retract that statement?

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:35 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Is there an "ignore" feature in here?? I have seen no reason to read this dude's posts again.

Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:37 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jammer wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

"BRUTALLY HONEST"

Yes, but not for his first half performance....But still too hesitant to throw downfield...

Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:46 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

So Henne is all of a sudden to blame for being in 3rd and Long situations, or having to pass on obvious passing downs?

You can blame Henning for the retard playcalling, and Ronnie for the 2 yards per carry on 1st downs way more than Henne. 1 INT, yes, it was a costly one, but we just took the ball from them at the same time, so it didnt really change the outcome all too drastically.

If you want to call some one HORRIBLE, look at the OC, calling a weak side counter to the strong side of the field from inside the 20. And lets not even discuss how Henne looked great on the roll out, but only seemed to do it ONCE all game!

So please, leave absurd comments to the Jets message boards, or join the Patsies beat writer staff. I dont want to hear your bull sh@t again

Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:40 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Henne is Amazing, or even Great... but he is, in no way, horrible.

I bet you teams like the 49ers, Browns, or Panthers would like to have Henne right now.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:19 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

LA Fins Fan wrote:
jammer wrote:
LA Fins Fan wrote:

"BRUTALLY HONEST"

Yes, but not for his first half performance....But still too hesitant to throw downfield...

Please give evidence of a down field threat for him to throw to? Don't say Marshall because that isn't going to happen when he's double covered. Have Hartline, Bess, Fasano or Wallace proven that they are worth throwing down field to? Teams are dropping safeties and allowing the short to intermediate stuff so why not take it? You saw what happened when he tried to force a down field pass. Its not worth the risk and turnover.

Henne is a good, young QB.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:01 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I'm not going to call Henne horrible but he has a lot of room for growth. Whatever the reason, playcalling or him not letting it fly, Miami isn't challenging defenses deep like they did in the first few games. As for a deep threat, let's not go there either. This team has plenty of weapons to exploit the entire field so no excuses.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:30 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

It took John Elway four or five years to really develop into a complete QB. Henne is doing fine especially compared with the other members of his draft class. Drops by Hartline and Cobbs could have given him a fantastic afternoon instead of just a good one.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:27 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Whatever the reason, playcalling or him not letting it fly, Miami isn't challenging defenses deep like they did in the first few games. As for a deep threat, let's not go there either. This team has plenty of weapons to exploit the entire field so no excuses.

Weren't you screaming that they weren't throwing the ball down field in the first few games? First 3 games didn't Henne throw a total of 4 deep passes? Hasn't he thrown more non-check down passes in the last 4 games?

So which weapons are a down field threat? Deep jump ball to double covered Marshall with fingers crossed it isn't tipped, picked or dropped?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:35 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
Whatever the reason, playcalling or him not letting it fly, Miami isn't challenging defenses deep like they did in the first few games. As for a deep threat, let's not go there either. This team has plenty of weapons to exploit the entire field so no excuses.

Weren't you screaming that they weren't throwing the ball down field in the first few games? First 3 games didn't Henne throw a total of 4 deep passes? Hasn't he thrown more non-check down passes in the last 4 games?

So which weapons are a down field threat? Deep jump ball to double covered Marshall with fingers crossed it isn't tipped, picked or dropped?

Junkie's been in a bad mood all season. Never sees anything positive and is ready to pounce on Henne and Henning at a moment's notice (most of the time without cause). EIther Henne doesn't pass enough, or it's too much, or it's not to the right guy who was double and triple covered all game.

Ignore him 'til the season's out.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:52 am
Profile WWW

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

The last two games they've not thrown a single ball down field. They opened several games early with a long ball on the very first play and then didn't do much after that. At least they attempted ONE in those games. Personally, I think if they're going to waste a couple of downs on the wildcat, they should at least waste a couple more throwing deep. Hartline has been open on several deep routes this season. We've hit Marshall on two deep passes and missed Bess on a couple more. The guys are getting open, the protection is there but in many cases the ball is being checked down before the guys downfield are clearing. Has a deep ball to Marshall been picked off yet? If you put the ball in the same zip code as Marshall on a deep ball it is his ball. PERIOD. BTW... it isn't a heave and a prayer. It is throwing the ball to where the WR has the best chance of making a play on it. You've got the weaon, you don't use it, now you're whining that you don't have the weapon. Get a grip.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:00 am

eleaf wrote:
jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Junkie's been in a bad mood all season. Never sees anything positive and is ready to pounce on Henne and Henning at a moment's notice (most of the time without cause). EIther Henne doesn't pass enough, or it's too much, or it's not to the right guy who was double and triple covered all game.

Ignore him 'til the season's out.

Always - Never ...meh. Have I been that bad...... sorry maybe the politics at work have me edgy.

Henning, yes. I think Miami will not win anything special with this guy as the OC. That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it. Henne - show me where I have unfairly criticized him? I think I posted once after the NE debacle where I stuck it to him a bit. Other than that, I'm still in his camp going through the growing pains.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
The last two games they've not thrown a single ball down field. They opened several games early with a long ball on the very first play and then didn't do much after that. At least they attempted ONE in those games. Personally, I think if they're going to waste a couple of downs on the wildcat, they should at least waste a couple more throwing deep. Hartline has been open on several deep routes this season. We've hit Marshall on two deep passes and missed Bess on a couple more. The guys are getting open, the protection is there but in many cases the ball is being checked down before the guys downfield are clearing. Has a deep ball to Marshall been picked off yet? If you put the ball in the same zip code as Marshall on a deep ball it is his ball. PERIOD. BTW... it isn't a heave and a prayer. It is throwing the ball to where the WR has the best chance of making a play on it. You've got the weaon, you don't use it, now you're whining that you don't have the weapon. Get a grip.

Are you at each game? Because I find it amazing that you see every receiver open down field when my TV screen only shows Henne taking the snap. And in the replay of the interception yesterday you can see how Hartline starts to look open deep and the defense just collapses on the ball and picks it off. Marshall isn't outrunning receivers and is double covered so yeah, its a jump ball. I think you need to get a grip my friend. Stating the obvious about the receivers isn't whining. The team isn't built to have an air assault. They are built to run and have guys gain yards after the catch.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:06 am

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Are you at each game? Because I find it amazing that you see every receiver open down field when my TV screen only shows Henne taking the snap. And in the replay of the interception yesterday you can see how Hartline starts to look open deep and the defense just collapses on the ball and picks it off. Marshall isn't outrunning receivers and is double covered so yeah, its a jump ball. I think you need to get a grip my friend. Stating the obvious about the receivers isn't whining. The team isn't built to have an air assault. They are built to run and have guys gain yards after the catch.

You thought Hartline was open on that???? Even the announcer remarked how crowded it was there. There were 4 defenders within 15yds of each other when Henne let that fly. On Marshall: Really...I guess when he was 10yds past the Jets Secondary twice that was a fluke. No one said he has to out run anyone. Sometimes defenses play this thing called zone. You know, stick a guy in an area on the field and have him guard it. Go back and watch the Jets game. The only way Miami moved the ball was the deep ball. Let's see 6-4 against 5-10...jump ball....boy that's a tough one. You got me. BTw, when Henning let's Henne air it out on first down this team moves the ball. When we run, more times than not it is a punt waiting to happen.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Emotion doesn't equal being correct.

I'm not saying Hartline was wide open. It was a bad read and that can happen when you start chucking the ball down field. That was my point. From Henne's view there was a split second where Hartline may have looked open but he didn't see the defenders creeping into the area. They collapsed on it and it was picked.

Didn't realize 2 deep balls were all of Miami's offense in that Jets game. Thanks for noting it. Actually if you go back and watch the Jets game you'll notice Henne took advantage of the man coverage on Marshall in the intermediate and short zones. Marshall had to make a circus catch on the deep ball.

As for zone defense, two deep zone means two safeties hang back and don't allow their man to get behind the entire defense. The cornerback covers under and the safety plays behind. You can be 6'10 but if the ball isn't thrown almost perfectly you worry about an overthrow or under throw interception.

Henne isn't Manning. If you want him to start playing the way you recommend he's going to have Jay Cutler like performances.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:25 am

Quote:
Didn't realize 2 deep balls were all of Miami's offense in that Jets game. Thanks for noting it. Actually if you go back and watch the Jets game you'll notice Henne took advantage of the man coverage on Marshall in the intermediate and short zones. Marshall had to make a circus catch on the deep ball.

On one series alone there were 2 straight deep ball, fade passes to Devone Bess. There were at least 3 to Marshall. As far as Marshall's "circus" catch goes...those are routine for him and should be considered the norm. Go watch his highlight reel.

Quote:
As for zone defense, two deep zone means two safeties hang back and don't allow their man to get behind the entire defense. The cornerback covers under and the safety plays behind. You can be 6'10 but if the ball isn't thrown almost perfectly you worry about an overthrow or under throw interception.

Marshall is not coverable. Again, go watch the highlight reel. All Henne has to do is not be afraid to put the ball in the air. No one is asking him to be Manning....only to be a man.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:43 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Looked like Cincy and Pitt did a nice job covering him.

So now the playbook should be developed based on highlight reels?

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:55 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
All Henne has to do is not be afraid to put the ball in the air. No one is asking him to be Manning....only to be a man.

Anyone else picturing Sparano doing his best Don Corleone impression and smacking Henne while saying "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!"

Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
All Henne has to do is not be afraid to put the ball in the air. No one is asking him to be Manning....only to be a man.

Anyone else picturing Sparano doing his best Don Corleone impression and smacking Henne while saying "YOU CAN ACT LIKE A MAN!"

No. But I do have visions of a horse head in Henne's bed if he throws a pick when the throw clearly should NEVER have been made (like the one yesterday).

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:16 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

WOWWWW CHAD HENNE SUCKS??!?!?!? REALLY???? thats absolutely MOD EDIT.... hes extremely mature for his age and yea he makes mistakes but he responds and corrects the problem. u cant expect a young qb to succeed in the league every game . he got no help, hartline dropped 2 passes, fasano did too, and a couple others.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:43 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Seriously I feel dumber for having read this post!!!! :ann0y: :ann0y:

Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:26 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I don't even know why in the world we'd even consider Henne to be horrible. Guys, HE IS DEVELOPING. You can't expect Tom Brady or P.Manning like numbers without giving the kid a fair chance to grow. He'll continue to make a few bone-headed mistakes (like throwing a rocket pass in the middle of a crowd on 3rd and long), but hey, doesn't Favre do that still to this day? So do all of the good ones. I'm confident that once Henne gets a solid feel for reading defenses, he'll just go out there and react instead of overthinking who he's going to throw to. However, if you noticed last game that he was doing VERY well with going through all of his reads and remaining calm in the pocket. Not only that, but he's done a GREAT job at limiting his mistakes. Our recievers just need to make sure to catch the darn ball when its thrown to them. If this happens, you'll see a lot better outlook from not just Henne, but the offense overall.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:12 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

rmelendez wrote:
I don't even know why in the world we'd even consider Henne to be horrible. Guys, HE IS DEVELOPING. You can't expect Tom Brady or P.Manning like numbers without giving the kid a fair chance to grow. He'll continue to make a few bone-headed mistakes (like throwing a rocket pass in the middle of a crowd on 3rd and long), but hey, doesn't Favre do that still to this day? So do all of the good ones. I'm confident that once Henne gets a solid feel for reading defenses, he'll just go out there and react instead of overthinking who he's going to throw to. However, if you noticed last game that he was doing VERY well with going through all of his reads and remaining calm in the pocket. Not only that, but he's done a GREAT job at limiting his mistakes. Our recievers just need to make sure to catch the darn ball when its thrown to them. If this happens, you'll see a lot better outlook from not just Henne, but the offense overall.

If our receivers didn't drop the ball, he wouldn't be in that 3rd and 10 deep in our own territory.

Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

LA Fins Fan wrote:

"BRUTALLY HONEST"

Really??? Really????
Come on man, what games are you watching?
:hithead:

Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:52 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

LA Fins Fan wrote:

"BRUTALLY HONEST"

New thread posting ability removed.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:38 am
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
jammer wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Quote:
BenVolinPBP Chad Henne actually attempted 3 passes over 20 yards last game. He was 0 for 3 with an INT. Maybe that's why they don't go deep

http://www.phins.com/phins-urls.html

Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

LIKE I SAID..."CHAD HENNE IS HORRIBLE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![b][/b]

Tell me how wrong I am now you fools !!!!! Bring in Penny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Last year I thought Henne showed glimpses.

I'm not seeing them anymore. Very little touch on his passes. Very erratic and you can tell the coaches think so by the play calling.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:38 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I don't know what games you guys are watching but I see a young quarterback out there that shows a ton of promise. I think he is doing just find considering he has only started 21 games. How many games have Peyton Manning and Brett Favre thrown three interceptions in? Seriously guys, your sounding like a bunch of bridge jumpers. Two of those interceptions I place on the receiver not playing 100%. Sure Henne was a little off the mark, but both Marshall's tip and Bess's interception where he didn't even bother to fight for the ball are prime examples of wide receivers not helping out their qb. Even the best qbs in the league need a little help from time to time.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:45 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
I don't know what games you guys are watching but I see a young quarterback out there that shows a ton of promise. I think he is doing just find considering he has only started 21 games. How many games have Peyton Manning and Brett Favre thrown three interceptions in? Seriously guys, your sounding like a bunch of bridge jumpers. Two of those interceptions I place on the receiver not playing 100%. Sure Henne was a little off the mark, but both Marshall's tip and Bess's interception where he didn't even bother to fight for the ball are prime examples of wide receivers not helping out their qb. Even the best qbs in the league need a little help from time to time.

A little off the mark? He lacks consistent touch on his passes. The two int's ... the missed TD opportunity in the end zone and that errant pass to Fasano on the crossing route. I keep seeing this over and over again. How much longer does he need to learn better touch?

As much as I despise Henning, it's growing increasingly clear that they don't trust the kid. He's played all four years in college and now 21 games in the pro's ..... It's not like he's a project anymore.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:52 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
21 games in the pro's ..... It's not like he's a project anymore.

Your kidding right? Your using sarcasm right?

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

<insert standard Peyton Manning reference here again>

No I'm not. That's almost two full seasons and I'm still seeing the same problems.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:56 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phin wrote:

He does need help. He plays in such a tight field because no one stretches the defense. Baltimore took away Marshall and Bess. Hartline can make plays but the consistency isn't there. Fasano and Brown continue to drop key passes. Not sure how to change all of this.

At the same time Henne is really missing throws when they count. The pass to Fasano was putrid. Last week he missed Marshall for a TD.

Another problem is you look across the field and there is Flacco. He is winning and throwing TD passes. He had one horrendous game but otherwise has been great. Henne just isn't playing at that level.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

<insert standard Peyton Manning reference here again>

No I'm not. That's almost two full seasons and I'm still seeing the same problems.

Well you can join all the San Diego fans that gave up on Drew Brees threw his first 5 years in the league.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:59 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Be prepared to hear John Clayton and Chris Mortenson saying Henne's job is jeopardy.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Well you can join all the San Diego fans that gave up on Drew Brees threw his first 5 years in the league.

I love playing this game .... inserting the names of QB's who did work out as if it's some scientific fact that Henne will become the same. The irony is the man who replaced Brees was a darn good QB from the get go.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:01 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Can we delete this thread, it's a total waste of bandwidth.

Thanks!

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:

I love playing this game .... inserting the names of QB's who did work out as if it's some scientific fact that Henne will become the same. The irony is the man who replaced Brees was a darn good QB from the get go.

Thats not the argument at all. The point in bringing up those guys is to say that you can't judge a qb like Henne this quickly in his professional career. I don't care what he did in college man, his time starts in the pros. 21 starts is nothing in this league. Sure there are those who excel from the get go, but those are truly rare exceptions. I'm giving you names of qbs that struggled early but were able to build upon their experience. I know Henne has some issues that he needs to improve upon, but I don't see them being so big that I have reason to give up on him yet.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 103 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next