View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Dolphins: TE Jimmy Graham 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Dolphins: TE Jimmy Graham
Quote:
At one point, Sparano, a former tight ends coach, took Graham out of a drill and basically led him by the hand into the right flat. Graham nodded, Sparano patted him on the butt and it was back to work.
"We were just talking about fundamanetals on a particular route," Sparano said when I asked him about it later. "I was just talking about a particular route that he was running and some of the techniques he might want to use."

Earlier this week, Sparano was highly complimentary of Graham and UM players in general. Linebacker Darryl Sharpton is also here; he's a Drew Rosenhaus client.

"I like what I've seen out of [Graham]," Sparano said. "He’s a good prospect without a doubt. Miami does a great job. Randy [Shannon] does a great job with his players. They’re very well coached. This will be a good experience for him this week."

Remember, when Parcells and GM Jeff Ireland recently attended a UM practice leading up to their bowl game, they reportedly watched Graham very intently. Graham's upside remains tremendous because the former basketball player came to the sport so late.

If Anthony Fasano moves on in March, most likely as a restricted free agent, the Dolphins might want to take a mid-round run at Graham. Even if Fasano stays, Graham could be on the Dolphins' radar. It wasn't like Joey Haynos set the world on fire last season.

Graham, by the way, measured at 6 feet 6, 259 pounds with 34 3/4-inch arm length and hands that measured 10 5/8 in diameter. Those hands are the biggest among the six tight ends here this week.

By comparison, Mike Hoomanawanui came in at 10 1/4 inches. Joe W's buddy Ed Dickson (Oregon) was at 9 3/4. Wisconsin's Garrett Graham was at 9 3/8, while Alabama's Colin Peek (9 5/8) and USC's Anthony McCoy (9 3/4) were in the same range.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:09 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Dolphins: TE Jimmy Graham
I wouldn't mind getting Sharpton or Graham in the later rounds. I'd rather try out Sharpton, though...he's an absolute beast and has pretty good coverage/INT ability compared to what we have now.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:43 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Graham grades out around as a fourth round pick as far as I can tell. He definitely would be a work in progress but sounds like he has plenty of upside.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:58 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Well I for one see no issues in grabbing a TE or WR out of the middle rounds....

I just think we need to address both positions via trade or FA as well....

Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:10 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Put him on the board... most basketball players got ups no??? Perfect redzone target.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:49 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

this guy is big with huge hands. Being a UM fan, I saw a lot of him and at times, yes he does look a little out of place, but at other times he looks like a stud. He can make big plays no doubt. Give hime a little work in the NFL and he has potential to be a great TE, just look at that pass he cought from tebow down the field in tight coverage. I, for one, would love to see this kid stay in south florida.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]