View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:51 pm



Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8536
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
Quote:
72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
Writer Stephen Ohlemacher
Associated Press Writer – Thu Oct 7

WASHINGTON – A government investigator says 89,000 stimulus payments of $250 each went to people who were either dead or in prison.

The Social Security Administration's inspector general said in a report Thursday that $18 million went to 72,000 people who were dead. The report estimates that a little more than half the payments were returned.

The report said $4.3 million went to a little more than 17,000 prison inmates.

The payments were part of the government's massive economic recovery package enacted in February 2009. Under the law, the $250 payments were sent to about 52 million Social Security recipients and federal retirees.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20101007/ap_ ... ead_people

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5487
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
Its a good thing we want bigger government seeing as though we have such competent folks managing it.


Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:15 am
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20748
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
That story was reported by Yahoo, which is clearly a fascist right wing publication, so we should ignore it.

Obama can do no wrong. Everything he has done is working as evidenced by our current improving economic situation.

_________________
Image


Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:22 am
Profile
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:39 pm
Posts: 1006
Post Re: 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
Rich wrote:
That story was reported by Yahoo, which is clearly a fascist right wing publication, so we should ignore it.

Obama can do no wrong. Everything he has done is working as evidenced by our current improving economic situation.


Reminds me of dead people voting in one of our past elections- I think Rich would prob know for sure.

Was it the 1960 election?

_________________
Image


Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:21 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2434
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
1984phins wrote:
Rich wrote:
That story was reported by Yahoo, which is clearly a fascist right wing publication, so we should ignore it.

Obama can do no wrong. Everything he has done is working as evidenced by our current improving economic situation.


Reminds me of dead people voting in one of our past elections- I think Rich would prob know for sure.

Was it the 1960 election?


You can be fairly certain that it has probably been every one of our elections.


Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 20748
Location: Miami, FL
Post Re: 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
It happened as recently as 2008. See Minnesota. Norm Coleman versus that really bad comedian whose name escapes me right now.

_________________
Image


Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:16 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5487
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
Rich wrote:
It happened as recently as 2008. See Minnesota. Norm Coleman versus that really bad comedian whose name escapes me right now.


Al Franken. The guy who got caught drawing pictures on his notepad during the Elena Kagan confirmation rather than listen to her responses to questions.


Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 am
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 5487
Location: Topsfield, MA
Post Re: 72,000 stimulus payments went to dead people
jammer wrote:
Rich wrote:
It happened as recently as 2008. See Minnesota. Norm Coleman versus that really bad comedian whose name escapes me right now.


Al Franken. The guy who got caught drawing pictures on his notepad during the Elena Kagan confirmation hearings rather than listen to her responses to questions.


Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:47 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.