View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Scalping at Dolphin games. 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post Scalping at Dolphin games.
We are going to be visiting Miami in the near future and we are very interested in seeing a Dolphins game and I was wondering about the scalping scene there. I would like to receive ANY knowledge of scalping (ie. the availability of tickets, are there many scalpers, where the scalpers are located around the stadium, and any additional information.)

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:46 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Scalping at Dolphin games.
....Or you could just go on ebay.com and buy tickets legally. :yay:

Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:48 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Go to the bus lot. There is always someone there who has extras from a drunk friend who didn't make it etc. They are also more likely to sell below face value to a fellow Dolphins fan :) I have been to 10 or so Fins games over the last 12 years and in my experience the fastest and cheapest way to go, good luck!

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 pm

For most games just wait right before game time & you can get in below face value. I am not sure about this week being its Monday Nite & New England but on a Sunday game vs. a run of the mill team tickets are plentiful. Also for those games I am not sure if they even sell out so maybe the box office??

Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:46 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I recommend trying to find some actual tailgating fans with some extras, kinda what the first responder was saying.
The scalpers come early and try to buy up every spare ticket they can find and then resell in the outside lots.
Depending on the opponent tickets can be found for pretty cheap. I know when we had extras last year we had a hard time getting more than 30$ and we had lower level 4 rows up.. Most of the time we held onto them and enjoyed the extra space...

But the games are key to it.. Teams coming out of the North East have a stronger fan base down here than teams coming from the west, so that plays into it....

I would expect games like Detroit, Cleveland and Chicago will be easier to get tickets for, but if the bears keep it up it may be tougher.. There are a fare share of Chicago folks scattered around here, but nothing like the NE & NY population...

Generally I wouldnt spend more than $50 from a scalper, unless its the NE game, then your going to pay a bit more.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:29 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

www.stubhub.com

Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:49 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

something to keep in mind with other ticket sites outside of stubhub (but prices are always the same no matter where) is that they are 99.9% ALL operated by the same webring group of people/scalpers/brokers. It is like one massive company divided up into a ton of smaller companies. hence why you will search 7 different sites and all of them have the EXACT same tickets for sale. Some might be a couple bucks cheaper or offer 10% off codes at check out, but they find other ways to get that money back.

i can't vouch for Dolphin stadium, but in another thread, generally the closer to kick off/opening pitch/puck drop/tip off the cheaper scalpers will be or more flexible to work with you. You can also wait 5-7 mins after the game starts and most just wanna make some sort of cash off of the tickets and you can usually work them a bit.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]