View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 PFT: Porter won't be back in Miami 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

PFT: Porter won't be back in Miami
Similar info to Skolnick's story. PFT is reporting that Joey Porter's tenure in Miami is essentially already over.
Seems like Joey is behaving like someone who got dumped but wants everyone to believe it was their own choice to end the relationship.....

Quote:
Porter won't be back in Miami

Posted by Mike Florio on January 27, 2010 7:01 AM ET

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter reportedly told a radio station in his hometown of Bakersfield, California that he doesn't want to return to the Dolphins in 2010.

And that's a prudent position for him to take, because we have consistently heard over the past six weeks that Porter will not be asked to return.

Ethan Skolnick of the South Florida Sun-Sentinel recently disclosed some of the factors driving the team toward cutting ties with Porter. For example, Skolnick says that Porter has a reputation for refusing to exit the game when a replacement enters. Skolnick says that Porter continued this behavior even after Porter was essentially suspended with pay for Miami's game against Tampa Bay.

At one point, the team stopped even trying to bring him out, in part because the team "did not want to rock the Joey boat."

Bottom line? As we heard in the wake of that one-game suspension, Porter's performance no longer outweighs the problems he causes. And so the team knows it's time for him to go.

And so Porter will say that he's the one who wanted out. Even though there's likely no one else who would pay him the $3.6 million base salary he's due to earn in 2010.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: PFT: Porter won't be back in Miami
Peace.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:59 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Even last season where his stats were a lot better... he was incossistent.

Boy do we need LB's... :war:

Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

At one point, the team stopped even trying to bring him out, in part because the team "did not want to rock the Joey boat."

What the hell? When did Cam Cameron get rehired? One of the things I liked the best about this regime was the take no BS approach.

Now, there are reports that a player decided when he was or wasn't coming out of a game. Regardless of who the player is, this leaves a huge pit in my stomach.

Cutting him won't solve the problem. It may make it go away temporarily, but you can't unring that bell. If Porter refused to come out even after he was suspended, the Dolphins should have suspended him again (for the remainder of the season if possible).

Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:56 pm
Phins 2 Phins
Phins 2 Phins

I like Porter, I even own his jersey, and I never really minded his rampages calling other teams out, maybe because I am a UM fan and that's what all those guys used to do so I'm used to it... I do have a problem however with his turning it on to the team, we just don't need that, I think we should trade him with so many other teams in need we might get something decent in return

"News, info and discussions about the Miami Dolphins, their players and the season..."

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:13 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Mindtornado wrote:

What the hell? When did Cam Cameron get rehired? One of the things I liked the best about this regime was the take no BS approach.

Now, there are reports that a player decided when he was or wasn't coming out of a game. Regardless of who the player is, this leaves a huge pit in my stomach.

Cutting him won't solve the problem. It may make it go away temporarily, but you can't unring that bell. If Porter refused to come out even after he was suspended, the Dolphins should have suspended him again (for the remainder of the season if possible).

I believe that the DC is responsible for substitutions based on the play and packages they are going with. Pasqualoni probably didn't want to deal with Porters attitude so he stopped trying to pull him out, which led to Pasqualoni getting kicked to the curb. Sparano did his part as HC and suspended joey for the one game, but PP probably wasn't as tough.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]