Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
363 yds 2 TD vs. the JETS????

We have our franchise QB! The same D held Tom Brady to 248 yds!

Hear that Henning???? Let the kid PLAY!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:27 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
And stop the freaking Wildcat and spread formations. Learn how to run the counters, screens and draws. Henne needs to stay in the game not sit plays out.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 3:56 pm
Posts: 4653
Location: MA.
Dolfanrar wrote:
And stop the freaking Wildcat and spread formations. Learn how to run the counters, screens and draws. Henne needs to stay in the game not sit plays out.


Do you understand that he is taken out on running plays for an extra blocker.....He wasn't going to pass anyway :hithead:


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Wildcat = death


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:14 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6683
The wildcat wasn't ran 1 play yesterday. It was a spread offense with RB taking the direct snap. Its not the Wildcat Miami rolled out against NE. It is Hennings mad insistence that this formation has merit despite 19 games of evidence it only hurts Miami. Pat White is out there laughing because that formation ruined his career.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24759
Location: Miami, FL
kev1321 wrote:
Dolfanrar wrote:
And stop the freaking Wildcat and spread formations. Learn how to run the counters, screens and draws. Henne needs to stay in the game not sit plays out.


Do you understand that he is taken out on running plays for an extra blocker.....He wasn't going to pass anyway :hithead:


And his point was to not use those plays as they take Henne off the field...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:36 am
Posts: 324
Location: Scarborough, Maine
All right people I said Wildcat and spread formations and my point was that it makes no sense to keep taking Henne off the field for plays here and there. It is like taking your shooting guard out of a basketball game just after he hits three 3 pointers in a row. It makes no sense and is not fooling anyone.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:52 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Henne > Henning


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:53 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6683
I'm with you. This now dates back 19 games to the Pat White experiment. It hasn't produced a single big play that changed a game but its killed more drives than I can think of.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:56 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Ok how about this, let Henne call Hennings playbook on the field.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:06 am 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
Henne is still developing but showed a ton last night. Every game can't be a gem, but I hope the days of 15 passing attempts are over. He clearly has more confidence than I thought at this point and throws an extremely nice ball.

I do get irked when after the game all you hear are analysts saying "Sanchez is growing up before our eyes." The love affair is sickening. The guy had a good game but almost threw it away three or four times in the second half. Sure Henne was picked on a desperation pass, but I thought he did a better job of avoiding ill-advised throws. That is "growing up before our eyes."

Same goes for discussions of Ryan and Flacco. Seems their futures are secure in the media's eyes. Henne is going to be around for a while and is as much a franchise QB as the three previously mentioned.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
That was Henne's first pick of the season, and it was a forced force. We can give him a pass on that one. 363 yards with 2 scores is elite type numbers against the Jets. Here's the biggest stat: 8.3 avg!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:41 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6501
Henne is still on his way, but he is not a stud QB. Stud Qbs at least score a TD at the end of the game when they have the ball at the 11.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5352
Location: Wellington, FL
Was definately the type of game they needed I think. Aside from the L.

But to see Marshall get over 100 & Bess & Hartline have great games right along side, Henne throwing that many times without a pick.

I dont count that last play either. He had to take a chance..

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:18 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Dolfanrar wrote:
And stop the freaking Wildcat and spread formations. Learn how to run the counters, screens and draws. Henne needs to stay in the game not sit plays out.


Draws, counters and screen are out of the playbook because our O-line can't pull to save their lives.

Thank God Henning let Henne sling it. About time.

Ditch the freekin WildCat, and this offense is a 25-27 PPG type of team like we saw last night.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:08 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
10acjed wrote:
Was definately the type of game they needed I think. Aside from the L.

But to see Marshall get over 100 & Bess & Hartline have great games right along side, Henne throwing that many times without a pick.

I dont count that last play either. He had to take a chance..


Both Bess and Hartline had over 80 yards each. Great games by all 3 receivers.

The last pass was a matter of location. 6-10" to the left and Fasano has a much better chance at making the catch, even in triple coverage.

Either way, there is still one thing he needs to learn after that game (and this is despite him playing otherwise near flawless): at that point in a game (score a TD or go home), he needs to trust his go-to guy, not the what the scheme calls for. Almost certainly Marshall was double covered from the get-go, so Henne continued in his progression according to the play that was called and ended up throwing to a TRIPLE covered Fasano because he was essentially out of time (surely that coverage on Fasano wasn't by design).

I don't care if they had 10 guys covering Marshall on the LOS, that is where the ball should have gone ON ALL 4 DOWNS from the 11. Marshall used every DB that was on him ALL GAME. He caught balls in traffic. He caught balls in double coverage. He made Cromartie look absolutely foolish and incompetent. The safety on him was never a factor at all during the game. He owned that secondary in every respect. Marshall single-handedly changed the way that the Jets played us defensively. There was no reason in the world not to throw the ball to him other than the play dictated that if Marshall is initially double covered, to pass him by.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:25 am 
Offline
User avatar
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!
2015 Phinfever VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:13 pm
Posts: 1428
I agree about Marshall. I am going to make the assumption that Henne wasn't totally clear on what exactly Marshall could do.

He knows now.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:39 am 
Offline
2016 Thursday Blog Writer
2016 Thursday Blog Writer

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 6683
dolphinjim wrote:
I agree about Marshall. I am going to make the assumption that Henne wasn't totally clear on what exactly Marshall could do.

He knows now.


He does need to learn to look at other guys as well. He missed two clear TD opportunities by missing a WO hartline in the endzone on two occasions. A QB who has truly arrived in the NFL doesn't miss those very often.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:36 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Henne will be the man in time, it takes time to develop a franchise quarterback. By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league. If we bring in more weapons for him and we continue to bolster the offensive line we could have a truly amazing passing attack! Maybe even one that could rival those of past Dolphins teams?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:14 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
NFLJunkie wrote:
dolphinjim wrote:
I agree about Marshall. I am going to make the assumption that Henne wasn't totally clear on what exactly Marshall could do.

He knows now.


He does need to learn to look at other guys as well. He missed two clear TD opportunities by missing a WO hartline in the endzone on two occasions. A QB who has truly arrived in the NFL doesn't miss those very often.


What two plays are you referring to?


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:39 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4152
Location: The Bluegrass
wkloiber13 wrote:
Henne will be the man in time, it takes time to develop a franchise quarterback. By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league. If we bring in more weapons for him and we continue to bolster the offensive line we could have a truly amazing passing attack! Maybe even one that could rival those of past Dolphins teams?


I guess you're assuming the possibility of the current QB kings, Brady, Manning, Brees, will be out of the league in just 2 years?

As long as Brady is in the league, Henne will have a hard time being the best QB in the division, much less the league. I'm not taking anything away from him, but I would like to point out that after 1 great game, you're ready to anoint him king of the hill.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:59 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
eleaf wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Henne will be the man in time, it takes time to develop a franchise quarterback. By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league. If we bring in more weapons for him and we continue to bolster the offensive line we could have a truly amazing passing attack! Maybe even one that could rival those of past Dolphins teams?


I guess you're assuming the possibility of the current QB kings, Brady, Manning, Brees, will be out of the league in just 2 years?

As long as Brady is in the league, Henne will have a hard time being the best QB in the division, much less the league. I'm not taking anything away from him, but I would like to point out that after 1 great game, you're ready to anoint him king of the hill.


Henne is not a Brees, Brady or Manning. He's not even a Rivers or Rogers. But he can be a very good QB. A pre-injury Carson Palmer type of a guy.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24759
Location: Miami, FL
wkloiber13 wrote:
By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league.


If there were an award for Blind Homer Post of the Year, you would win it in a landslide...

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:45 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Posts: 8279
Location: Topsfield, MA
Living up here in Boston I get to hear the sports talk radio guys trash everyone not named Brady, although they will acknowledge Manning, Brees, Rodgers and Rivers. They especially love to trash the other QBs in the AFC East. Today they flat out said that Henne worries them and that he showed what he is capable of. They even said they didn't want to admit before, but he looked pretty good last year and now with Marshall they think Miami has something.

It was just nice to finally not hear his name in a negative light up here. That said, I'm not anointing him anything. He can be a very good QB and can take this team far. He's only started 16 games in his career and needs plenty of development. I will repeat what I said previously, I think he's shown he is just as much of a franchise option as the Ryan, Flacco and Sanchez media darlings.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5136
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Rich wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
By this time two years from now, Henne will be the best quarterback in the AFC East, maybe even the league.


If there were an award for Blind Homer Post of the Year, you would win it in a landslide...


:)

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
:ann0y:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:29 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Put this video together...


Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:55 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 Post Game Blog Writer
2016 Post Game Blog Writer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 24759
Location: Miami, FL
Nice video. Henne can make all the throws. I'm not sure why some people say he drops back too slowly. He seems to setup in the pocket just fine to me. And the ball is coming out very fast on most of those throws. Henne is very good out of the shotgun and the playaction is effective for the Dolphins.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:03 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4316
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
After watching that you would wonder why every pass is not either PA or shotgun.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:09 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
I think my favorite throw of the entire night was Hartline PI call. People talk about how throwing the 15 yard out is the most difficult throw in football....well that was a 35 yard out, from the opposite hash mark.

That's a 46 yard pass. And he threw it right on the money, where only Hartline could grab it, or, where he could draw the PI call. Unbelievable throw.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r