View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Comparing this loss to last years' big 2 

Referring to the 2 big losses last season (Indy and NO) ...
This loss was tougher because it was the Jets 60%  60%  [ 9 ]
Hurt the same amount 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Not as tough a loss 33%  33%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 15

Comparing this loss to last years' big 2 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Comparing this loss to last years' big 2
For me, it was a tougher loss than either of the ones last season because it was the Jets, and not for one second did I think we would lose that game. When the 4th down and 4 went incomplete, or was intercepted, whatever happened, I waited and waited for the flag....Miami was not supposed to lose this game.

Miami is the better team, it was the home opener on a Sunday Night, and we let them out-work us for that win. They wanted it more than we did, and that makes me sick.

Am I over-reacting, or was this the toughest loss in a VERY long time?

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Comparing this loss to last years' big 2
All I know is, you DON'T give up home games to division rivals fighting you in a cut throat AFC East .... especially with a turncoat like JT coming back to town. That's the kind of game you come out lookin' like savages.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:53 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Not even close for me... Watching our team manhandle what ended up being the two toughest teams in the NFL only to get blasted with 2nd half adjustments and huge chunk plays... Made me sick... Still makes me a little...
Last night we were down by 2 TD's early, came back to make it a 4 point game at 1/2 then take the lead in the 3rd.
Defensive adjustments, Keller was the leading reciever in the first 1/2 and didnt see the ball in the second...

Hate loosing to the Jets, but have to say the battle was good, and if anything our team gained respect.

Blowing that big lead to NO and holding onto the ball for 45 minutes and still loosing was just flat out embarrassing...

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:17 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Phins Rock wrote:
For me, it was a tougher loss than either of the ones last season because it was the Jets, and not for one second did I think we would lose that game. When the 4th down and 4 went incomplete, or was intercepted, whatever happened, I waited and waited for the flag....Miami was not supposed to lose this game.

Miami is the better team, it was the home opener on a Sunday Night, and we let them out-work us for that win. They wanted it more than we did, and that makes me sick.

It was tough because it is a reflection of reality. The Jets look prepared to take the next step while Miami doesn't. They came into Miami's house and beat their division rival on their turf. They started the game more focused and more prepared than Miami. There's lots of blame to go around but at the end of the day the Jets just looked better yesterday all the way from preparedness to play. Miami looked like the team that expected to walk on the field and notch a victory. The Jets came to play. Until Miami gets that kind of "hungry" they'll forever be a middle of the road team that will finish around .500

no excuses...the road to recovery starts next Monday Night.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:20 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

10acjed wrote:
Not even close for me... Watching our team manhandle what ended up being the two toughest teams in the NFL only to get blasted with 2nd half adjustments and huge chunk plays... Made me sick... Still makes me a little...
Last night we were down by 2 TD's early, came back to make it a 4 point game at 1/2 then take the lead in the 3rd.
Defensive adjustments, Keller was the leading reciever in the first 1/2 and didnt see the ball in the second...

Hate loosing to the Jets, but have to say the battle was good, and if anything our team gained respect.

Blowing that big lead to NO and holding onto the ball for 45 minutes and still loosing was just flat out embarrassing...

Couldn't have said it better myself. That NO game hurt the most since I was there talking trash to all the Saints fans as we were owning them.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree with Phins Rock. I haven't felt this sick after a loss for a very long time. NO and Indy I was easily able to accept the fact that Ginn sucks. But Ginn is no longer here, and this game should have been won.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:19 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

joeschmoe wrote:
I was there talking trash to all the Saints fans as we were owning them.

You and me both joe... :embarrassed:

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:22 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:

Miami is the better team

I don't believe that is true, as bitter as that is for me to admit.

This loss hurt about the same for me as the ones last year. It left a more intense distaste in my mouth because it was to the Jests, but a loss is a loss. I saw flashes of brilliance inter-mixed with periods of ineptness last night, just as I did last year in those two games. We played in a game against a better team, and on all three occasions we let the opportunity fall through our grasp by shooting ourselves in the foot, and failing to make the most of the plays that bounced our way. I think the difference between last year and this year though, is the fact that we are winning some of the close games, and appear to be a more complete team than we have the past several years.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

I'm with you Phins Rock, this one hurt bad. I agree that we have the better football team, and I mean that on both sides of the football. The Jets are good, but they aren't as good as people hype them up to be. We very easily could have won that football game, yet it slipped away. Plenty of lost opportunities. I just sucks. I guess we'll get to see how much character our team has next week. We've got another prime time game against a tough opponent. If we can pull out a win against New England then I think we're right back on track and we can easily put this loss in the rearview.

Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:04 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

I'm not sure Miami has the better overall talent, but when push comes to shove they might have the better overall team. The Jets have won two good games and are playing with some swagger, but the personalities in that locker room could be their undoing. If teams can start getting to Sanchez the Jets could fold very easily. You saw what happened when Baltimore got to him, when New England and Miami couldn't get to him, and then when Miami finally started pressuring him. As said in previous posts, he almost threw 3 or 4 interceptions in the 2nd half that were very poor, forced throws. If teams can get frustration to settle in with the Jets it would be huge. I don't think they have the maturity or mental balance to handle it.

Miami seems to be under better leadership and so long as they keep Marshall under control they can handle some adversity.

Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]