View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Adam Schefter: Dolphins to take flyer on Dumervil in RFA 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Adam Schefter: Dolphins to take flyer on Dumervil in RFA
joeschmoe wrote:
jammer wrote:
Anyone else getting the feeling that Miami will not be going after any big RFA's or trading away picks?

So far they've only dealt a 4th round pick for two players.

I think Wilfork is a realistic target if not franchised. If Antonio Bryant is demanding a ton then he is a possibility. Otherwise I don't see much other than the draft.

Also I remember they dealt the 6th round pick for McDaniel, and Parcells made Ireland promise that he would get a pick back somehow, which he did. (I forget how exactly and am too lazy to look it up)

This regime is smart about building young teams through the draft, I don't see them trading away picks unless we are getting an equal number of picks in return somehow.

They got the pick back by trading away Satele.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:26 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Rich wrote:
joeschmoe wrote:
jammer wrote:
Anyone else getting the feeling that Miami will not be going after any big RFA's or trading away picks?

So far they've only dealt a 4th round pick for two players.

I think Wilfork is a realistic target if not franchised. If Antonio Bryant is demanding a ton then he is a possibility. Otherwise I don't see much other than the draft.

Also I remember they dealt the 6th round pick for McDaniel, and Parcells made Ireland promise that he would get a pick back somehow, which he did. (I forget how exactly and am too lazy to look it up)

This regime is smart about building young teams through the draft, I don't see them trading away picks unless we are getting an equal number of picks in return somehow.

They got the pick back by trading away Satele.

Correct. I remember being a tad upset he was let go for so little when he would have made an excellent backup for the price and experience he already had. What did we get for that pick this year? Nalbone?

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Just noticed a type-o on my post. Meant to say if Bryant wasnt demanding a ton. I still doubt they make a play for him.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2