View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Keys to Victory 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Keys to Victory
I'll play the role of Phil Simms:

When Vikings have ball:
Front 7 has to play disciplined...any daylight for AP and he's gone. Over aggressiveness will hurt Miami. Buffalo had Trent Edwards, and pressuring him is easy. Favre, however, can pick apart blitzes and over aggressive defenses. So Miami's front 7 has to respect the play action, and let the safeties stay off deep. No Harvin means Miami can keep 8 in the box.

When Dolphins have ball:
Controlling Minnesota's front four. If Henne is getting hit by Allen, or either Williams the Dolphins will struggle. Miami can't hope to get into a shootout...they have to control the ball and hope to capitalize on any good field position given to them. Stay in it, and there's a good chance for a victory (ala Buffalo).

Difference makers:
For Miami, it will be the interior line on both sides of the ball. For Minnesota, it will be their receivers. If Minnesota's receivers can get open and catch passes, it could be a long day for the Dolphins. If they can't, and Miami's interior can dominate or at least play very well, Miami should win.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Keys to Victory
Actually we get Dan Diedork is calling our game.

I love Gumble, but Dorfdink is horrible.

But I agree with you on all fronts. Only thing is that Percy Harvin will play...not sure where you're getting that he's not?

Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Only thing is that Percy Harvin will play...not sure where you're getting that he's not?

He's questionable with a hip.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:34 pm

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Only thing is that Percy Harvin will play...not sure where you're getting that he's not?

He's questionable with a hip.

Ah yes...All indications is that he will play though.

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:46 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

My keys are 2 fold.

1. Find a rhythm in pass offense (deep pass offense).

2. Stop the run on defense.

I think we match up much better with this team than people are giving our boys credit for. I too am still skeptical, though, because of how horrible Bills have been in the past. There's no indication whether or not we actually played a good, new and revamped team there or if we simply squeaked by a really crappy team.

Sometimes tells me we have a pretty good team, so I'm looking forward to proving the critics wrong.

Should be a fun game regardless, so long as it's close (or we blow them out).

Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:20 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Defense must stop AP and put the game in Favre hands... No chance he repeats last season IMO.....

Offense must score, maybe stretch the field a few times early to get the defense to back up and then hit the run and keep their offense off the field...

Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:06 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Miami's defense has to contain Adrian Peterson. I am hoping Favre is still rusty and misses a few passes due to timing issues like he did in the New Orleans game. If Henne can stay on his feet and doesn't throw interceptions Miami has a chance to steal one on the road.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:35 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

My Keys:
1. Letting Henne throw on first down against the base 4-3. Henne is at his best when throwing on first down. The Vikings will be expecting R&R on early downs. The favorable matchup is Bess on any safety or LB in coverage.

2. Turnovers - Always key against high level competition but Miami is going to have to create a few against Favre.

3. Pressure from just the front 4 guys will also be key. Favre reads quickly and still has a decent arm. However, give him pressure and he makes a lot of mistakes thinking he's 29.

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]