View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Miami-Buffalo Preview! 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

Post Miami-Buffalo Preview!
Hi all -

It is that time again. Not only is the NFL season upon us, but it is that special week - Miami-Buffalo week!

Ralph Wilson stadium will be rocking as these two hated rivals battle to start the season 1-0.

If you want to tune into a preview from the Bills perspective feel free to join in at 9:30 PM EST at this link:

http://www.justin.tv/coachsal

There is an internet broadcast as well as active chatroom that is going on during the show. I'll be in the chatroom moderating the chat. There is good natured smack in the chat, but we do our best to keep it clean and mature. Sal is a very good and smart guy who will break down the game and the Bills.

There is also a NFL show at 8:00 PM at the same link.

So feel free to join in! All fans are welcome.

To participate in the chat, you do need to register but it is very quick and easy.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:59 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Miami-Buffalo Preview!
Good luck with that, Doc, and I hope you get a good turn out from the Phinfever family. I'm thinking we finally beat those Bills in Buffalo;)

Dave

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Not much of a rivalry anymore. Buffalo has sucked so bad for so many years, I have trouble hating them. It's hard to out-suck Miami...

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:16 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Not much of a Rivalry...maybe the Dolphins feel that way too as Buffalo has split with Miami the past 2 years and swept us in 07. They need to take this game very serious. Roscoe Parrish has been on fire during the preseason and Gailey has the offense clicking. Spiller is already making heads turn up there. Their defense is again suspect but is better against the pass than the run. Miami should win this game barring giving up too many quick sixes ala last season.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:08 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Junkie, they all swept us in 07. Who cares?

I like C.J., but their OL is about as solid as cream cheese that's been left out overnight. Whoever the poor soul is behind center, he won't live long. Neither will his back-up.

I won't take away the any-given-sunday factor so they will walk away with a win or two... I find my self feeling sorry for them more than hating them.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:14 am

Ski_Money wrote:
Junkie, they all swept us in 07. Who cares?

I like C.J., but their OL is about as solid as cream cheese that's been left out overnight. Whoever the poor soul is behind center, he won't live long. Neither will his back-up.

I won't take away the any-given-sunday factor so they will walk away with a win or two... I find my self feeling sorry for them more than hating them.

I know the preseason doesn't mean much but their OL wasn't a weakness. Gailey had the QB taking a 3 step drop and hitting short throws, screen passes, draws and basic off-tackle stuff. It was working well. It's the kind of offense that gave our secondary fits last season. Their defensive line is a sieve as they were giving up huge yards on the ground. Spiller is as advertised and will score next Sunday. Miami's young defense has its work cut out for them. As far as pressure on the passer goes, Miami has yet to show that since our best pass rushers (Taylor and Porter) left via FA. My only hope coming out of preseason is that Nolan is playing poker with his schemes. I hope that's the case because if the preseason is what its going to be, teams were beating the defense and the pass rush was iffy at best.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They are playing the dink & dunk quick shot because that's all they can do. Recall the Jets game in 2008... there is a way to beat it soundly.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:18 am

Ski.....I grew up in an Era when Buffalo dominated the Fins. I would like nothing more than to see a 34-0 whooping so I'll owe you a beer if you're right.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:19 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Well I for one dont care much for the Bills...

Regardless of how bad they have sucked over the years, it seems they find ways to play us a bit harder....

Last year they sucked, and beat us.

Thanks for the post & link Dr Lecter, as a Floridian I for one appreciate good willed fans of other teams...
One of my fondest memories of the 2008 1-15 to 11-5 season was that week 8 home game vs Buffahoe, the Fins were 2-4, Bills were 5-1.

All those cocky smack talking fans.... Even leaving the stadium they turned to the classic "well we are 5-2 and you are 3-4"...
:ann0y:

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:28 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I grew up mid 80s to 90s, I know what you are talking about Junkie. Most of that hatred has passed on to others though. All I can really say I feel for them now is pitty. Had it not been for 2007, I would not know what it feels like to suck so bad lol. I hope they make a good showing in my heart, but we're going to cream em.

Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:32 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I'll be there 5th row, 20 yd line, miami sideline. I'll try to post a few pics

Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:17 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Beating Buffalo is always a good thing, especially when you can win in Buffalo. Losing that game in Buffalo late last year was the beginning of the end of Miami playoffs chances in 2009.

Taking Buffalo seriously should not be a problem at all.

Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfansc wrote:
Beating Buffalo is always a good thing, especially when you can win in Buffalo. Losing that game in Buffalo late last year was the beginning of the end of Miami playoffs chances in 2009.

Taking Buffalo seriously should not be a problem at all.

I agree, that Buffalo game late last season ruined our playoff push. I think Sparano will remind everyone of just that fact. I see us coming out hungry looking for revenge in this one!

Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:20 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]