PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Quote:
By Armando Salguero
asalguero@miamiherald.com
April 04, 2018 01:17 PM
Updated April 04, 2018 04:08 PM

Years ago an NFL scout whom I’ve trusted for years told me the best teams are proactive instead of reactive. And he cited examples.
He talked of how former Green Bay general manager Ron Wolf often drafted quarterbacks though he had a good starting quarterback in Brett Favre ...

don’t sign a Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker ...

Get out ahead of things on the contract front. ...

So why such a lack of vision on important matters such as the quarterback position and the team’s most productive offensive player?
Here’s one reason: Owner Stephen Ross.
I appreciate Ross for ... great stuff.
But he’s also responsible for putting a lot of pressure on the Dolphins to win now.
Now. ...

So what to do next? That’s a pertinent question because I don’t want to be the chucklehead always pointing out people’s mistakes after the fact. Indeed, I want to be the chucklehead making mistakes ahead of time!
So me?
I trade Andre Branch. During the draft. After the draft. Before the season begins because I don’t want that $10 million cap hit on the books this year, and ...

I’m asking Cameron Wake to sign a one-year extension for about half the $8 million in base salary ... If he doesn’t, I’m trading him ...

DeVante Parker? I exercise the fifth-year option on him. It can be rescinded if necessary so this is a free move at the moment. But if he doesn’t light it up the first month of the season, I’m trading him, too, before the trade deadline. ...

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-c ... rylink=cpy

Longer article and a good read imo.

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ]