View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Nolan's defense records 4 takeways vs Bucs 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Nolan's defense records 4 takeways vs Bucs
The defense wasn't the sharpest that I have seen, but Nolan showed enough aggression to change something this team was sorely lacking last year. Blame it on the weather or give Nolan credit ... I like to give this one to our new DC.

RotoWorld wrote:
The Miami Dolphins recorded 4 takeaways in Saturday's preseason opener against the Buccaneers, including an interception by Sean Smith. It was defensive coordinator Mike Nolan's first contest with the team. The Dolphins finished last year in the middle of the pack in takeaways, so the team is hoping Nolan's presence and the maturation of CBs Sean Smith and Vontae Davis will improve an already solid defensive team.

www.rotoworld.com

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: Nolan's defense records 4 takeways vs Bucs
The first team D still looked pretty porous, but a lot of the yardage picked up was because of more piss poor tackling. We get some solid tackling, we take away a lot of those plays.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:26 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Im not ready to evaluate "nolans defense" til week one....

But fundamentally the guys were missing tackles and giving up alot of yardage.. I was primariy concerned about the run defense, sure seemed like it was still easy to get 4 - 6 yards on first down...

Saw Wake get behind the line on a nice tackle. But I am still a bit worried about him getting caught behind the RB trying to turn the corner..

I think the aspects of Mike Nolan will not shine til we get into the reg season. I doubt he will be sending exotic blitz package during pre season... Maybe for the dalas game, but I doubt it..

Only time will tell.. I think our biggest problem right now is learning how to play in the rain :pumpiron:

Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:10 am
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

You know I love you Dolphin fans right? But being happy about the four turn overs?

The first was a horrible throw by a back up qb. My wife could have picked off that lame duck.

The second, that same qb dropped the ball without being touched.

Third was a great strip of a guy most Buc fans hope to get rid of (Ward)

The fourth was a strip of a guy who will be bagging groceries in a few weeks.

Our first string offense did score pretty easy though right? I wouldn't be to excited over 4 turnovers against backups of a 3-13 team ;)

Enjoyed watching the game, good luck with your season, and I am glad there was no major injuries on the diamond.

Tampafan

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:34 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Yeah they sure scored easy... Marched right down the field on the first dri....

Oh wait that was a different game.... Nah, you guys still look lame...

Good luck this year.... See you in Feb I hope... We can talk more smack then.... Tropical Superbowl... Me likey :fart:

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

tampafan wrote:
Enjoyed watching the game, good luck with your season, and I am glad there was no major injuries on the diamond. Tampafan

I kept thinking someone was going to be hurt...The whole game was bogged down in the infield mud.......And it was bad....That crap has to go

Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:20 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

10acjed wrote:
Yeah they sure scored easy... Marched right down the field on the first dri....

Oh wait that was a different game.... Nah, you guys still look lame...

Good luck this year.... See you in Feb I hope... We can talk more smack then.... Tropical Superbowl... Me likey :fart:

I know, it only took 2 drives ;) How many points did your 1st string score again?

Sadly I think the only way either team makes the Superbowl is if they buy tickets.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:03 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

kev1321 wrote:
tampafan wrote:
Enjoyed watching the game, good luck with your season, and I am glad there was no major injuries on the diamond. Tampafan

I kept thinking someone was going to be hurt...The whole game was bogged down in the infield mud.......And it was bad....That crap has to go

Only one more year right? Then the Marlins get their own stadium to suck in...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/florid ... s-u,17891/

Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:07 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

tampafan wrote:
You know I love you Dolphin fans right? But being happy about the four turn overs?

The first was a horrible throw by a back up qb. My wife could have picked off that lame duck.

The second, that same qb dropped the ball without being touched.

Third was a great strip of a guy most Buc fans hope to get rid of (Ward)

The fourth was a strip of a guy who will be bagging groceries in a few weeks.

Our first string offense did score pretty easy though right? I wouldn't be to excited over 4 turnovers against backups of a 3-13 team ;)

Enjoyed watching the game, good luck with your season, and I am glad there was no major injuries on the diamond.

Tampafan

Same reason you Buc Fans get excited over Freeman going 4-4. For some reason these games between Miami and Tampa are always snoozers and a downpour just made it that much more of a snoozer. But chin up Bro'...your Bucs should at least win half as many as the Dolphins this year. :)

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:02 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Paul Soliai was a BEAST. That was great to see. Erik Walden continues to prove to me that he should be on this team...whether he actually makes it is beyond me, but I want him to contribute for this team.
The takeaways were nice, some were forced, others just Tampa not taking care of the ball. Sean Smith's pick was nice....

But where in the heck was the pass rush? We lacked it last year, and this game was no exception....Nolan not showing any blitzes, wet ground, and new players all can be attributed, but I was disappointed at the time those quarterbacks had.

If it weren't for poor or poor ball handling by Josh Johnson, we were going to be looking at a repeat 2009 defense.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]