View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Whose stock went down 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Whose stock went down
Brandon Marshall - Since his stock is so high, he won't be bothered.
Andrew Gardner who completely whiffed on a block and allowed a guy to plow Henne.
Roberto Wallace - If you're on the bubble and allow a punt to get blocked, you better start packing
Chad Henne - Okay the pass to Marshall was a good throw but he failed to move the offense...at all.
Karlos Dansby - He met the FB in the hole...and couldn't make the tackle. No other notable plays.
Montavious Stanley - routinely moved out of the hole at will by the the center.
Sean Smith - played the INT well but then was so far off the Tampa Bay slot WR he allowed the guy to score.
Vontae Davis - Hard to blame Davis for a perfect throw but he didn't get his head around quick enough.
Run Defense - seemed to struggle
Jake Grove - wrong snap count and a fumble in the red zone.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:04 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Whose stock went down
Sean Smith had a nice catch on the gimme INT, but otherwise...yes....he didn't play well.

Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:38 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I would have to say the first team o except for Ronnie and rookie John Jerry which looked pretty good on his debut.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:10 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

MIAcubano13 wrote:
I would have to say the first team o except for Ronnie and rookie John Jerry which looked pretty good on his debut.

+1 ,jerry looks the starter for sure
was d thomas running with the 3rd string o line??? or was he splitting time between 2nd and 3rd
man this guy has slipped down the pecking order

didnt think much of folsom,and spitler ,for me micah johnson is 2nd team ilb

not stock went down but i didnt think much of our pass rush and it seems that we still give up big pass plays and there was a few big runs as well

the turn over count by the defense was gd tho

Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:11 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think we should be really concerned about our screen pass defense, with the young guys on the outside they are not reading it well , just pinning their ears back and going for the qb. Gotta read what they are setting up better.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:37 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Sean Smith had a nice catch on the gimme INT, but otherwise...yes....he didn't play well.

With some fans, once a player gives an impression, he never shakes it off.

Smith had two excellent tackles, one was a touchdown saver. Last year, that was a deficiency in his game. He gave up a few plays, most notably the bad touchdown where he was nowhere in sight, but he had good coverage the rest of the night.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:05 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I expect to see some big improvements by our secondary this year, but the first preseason effort wasn't terribly impressive. I know you can't read much into the early efforts....but, man, it was Sammie Stroughter beating them up with Josh Freeman as QB....it wasn't Peyton Manning or any top-tier offense they were facing. Mental errors in the secondary are just killers....The Bucs' pedestrian receiving corps had a nice night when their starters were in and Freeman had far too much success evading the rush and making plays with his feet. I know this isn't the finished product by any means though, so I am pretty excited by our prospects this season.

Smith obviously blew it on the TD and I was hoping to see Vontae Davis use the sideline as his friend on that big completion he gave up. I was far more impressed by Nolan Carroll....a rookie.....and I thought Clemons had a pretty darn good game.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:29 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iceberg85 wrote:
I think we should be really concerned about our screen pass defense, with the young guys on the outside they are not reading it well , just pinning their ears back and going for the qb. Gotta read what they are setting up better.

I completely agree. But that is nothing new. Leon Washington and Fred Jackson have killed us on the screens in the past. We also have gotten killed when the QB steps up into the pocket and takes off.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:04 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

FrustratedFinFan wrote:

Smith played pretty well but for the TD. He made a few nice tackles and played fine coverage the rest of his snaps.

Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:02 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Smith clearly isn't comfortable in zone coverage, which isn't a surprise to me. But I thought he had a very good game.

Guys who didn't impress, for me:

Jason Allen

Reshad Jones

The WR’s first string WR’s

JD Folsom

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:10 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

NFLJunkie wrote:
Chad Henne - Okay the pass to Marshall was a good throw but he failed to move the offense...at all.
Vontae Davis - Hard to blame Davis for a perfect throw but he didn't get his head around quick enough.

Chad had 3 perfectly thrown passes dropped that would have been first downs and moved the offense.
Vontae played aggressively and I loved what I saw from him. He was sticking his nose in there and hitting hard. The one play he gave up was a perfectly thrown pass and a great catch (Williams able to stay in bounds).

I don't see either of these guys stock dropping

Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

PossumHollow wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Chad had 3 perfectly thrown passes dropped that would have been first downs and moved the offense.
Vontae played aggressively and I loved what I saw from him. He was sticking his nose in there and hitting hard. The one play he gave up was a perfectly thrown pass and a great catch (Williams able to stay in bounds).

Agreed.
Henne didn't do anything wrong out there....it was pouring rain and in the mud, and he was hitting guys in the hands and no one was making plays for him. He failed to move the offense at all? Bull, the offense moves as a unit.

"Hard to blame Davis..." but then you do? Nothing was his fault. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat on a play, and that was definitely one of them.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Run Defense - seemed to struggle
\

Lol..I tend to wonder if you even watched the game. That was the ONLY area Miami did excellent in. Kicking was doing well until the blocked punt.

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:31 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Iowafin wrote:
PossumHollow wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Agreed.
Henne didn't do anything wrong out there....it was pouring rain and in the mud, and he was hitting guys in the hands and no one was making plays for him. He failed to move the offense at all? Bull, the offense moves as a unit.

"Hard to blame Davis..." but then you do? Nothing was his fault. Sometimes you just have to tip your hat on a play, and that was definitely one of them.

These guys stole my thunder with the Henne argument... but to add even more perspective, he was 5 for 11 with 3 dropped passes by the WR's.. if those balls are caught Henne is 8 for 11 with something like 60-80 yards and we're all drooling over his performance.

Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]