Phinfever.com

Catch the madness!

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Pat White
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Put in just to kneel... I used my last pair of undergarments for that one lol. Poor kid has to know by now. He's not going to make it at QB. Needs to convert.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:18 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
Since it was preseason I was suprised Maimi did not try and let one of the QB's run a 2 min offense at the end of the game and use the time effectively. Why even put White in.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7000
Location: ELP, TX.
As someone said at the bar....Best play all game....LOL

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP, Tom


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:57 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
I don't understand why this guy is still around. He is not a NFL QB, he is terrible. I am really starting to doubt some of Sparanos motives why this guy is still on the team !! This just adds to my frustration why the Dolphins do what they do sometimes !!


And once again, Tyrone Culver was all over the field. I didn't see all the hype of this Chris Clemmons dude. Missed several tackles...


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:17 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 4304
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Clemons made a lot of plays early on. I think he made a name for himself tonight.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:02 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5103
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Somebody in the chat room during the game said he wasnt gonna play because the catscan machine at the stadium wasnt working. That was pretty funny.
Honestly , you gotta think he sees some time vs. Jax. if not he is gone.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:14 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
LA Fins Fan wrote:
I don't understand why this guy is still around. He is not a NFL QB, he is terrible. I am really starting to doubt some of Sparanos motives why this guy is still on the team !! This just adds to my frustration why the Dolphins do what they do sometimes !!


And once again, Tyrone Culver was all over the field. I didn't see all the hype of this Chris Clemmons dude. Missed several tackles...


I agree, I may be wrong but I prefer Culver. Although I can't say that there has been a lot of hype over Clemons, he is still fighting for the starting gig. I hope he proves me wrong and wins the job and develops into a star but I don't see it yet.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:30 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
Ski_Money wrote:
Put in just to kneel... I used my last pair of undergarments for that one lol. Poor kid has to know by now. He's not going to make it at QB. Needs to convert.


I was upset when I saw Pat White only come in for the last 2 plays. Why put him in to begin with? I hope they give him a lot of snaps and a chance to actually throw the ball in the next 3 pre-season games.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:43 am 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
"I hope they give him a lot of snaps and a chance to actually throw the ball in the next 3 pre-season games.

R U kidding !! :boo:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
LA Fins Fan wrote:
"I hope they give him a lot of snaps and a chance to actually throw the ball in the next 3 pre-season games.

R U kidding !! :boo:


Why wouldn't they... This is the time to see if he is worth keeping on them team or not. We know Henne is the starter, we know what Penny can do, we've seen what Thigpen did in KC and already know that he is worth keeping. Pat White is the one who needs the most playing time in pre-season and it is the best time to throw him out there. Nobody cares about wins or losses in pre-season, is about testing the young guys and seeing who is worth keeping and who is cut out to make the DOLPHINS...

So NO, I am not kidding.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:14 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Not sure where u have been the last year, but White has already proven to many of us he has no business as a NFL QB....This guy is a 0, too small, can't throw, and already almost died last year. He sucks !! Get him off the field NOW !! :boo:


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:26 pm 
Offline
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 4755
One year usually does not prove anything one way or another.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:38 pm
Posts: 481
Location: Miami, Fl
LA Fins Fan wrote:
Not sure where u have been the last year, but White has already proven to many of us he has no business as a NFL QB....This guy is a 0, too small, can't throw, and already almost died last year. He sucks !! Get him off the field NOW !! :boo:


Yea he threw 5 passes last year and that was enough to let us know that "he has no business as an NFL QB."

He is still on the current roster so put him out there and see what he can do. If not cut him already.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
I think White is digging his own grave here in Miami. He came into the league saying that he will only play QB and doesn't want to do anything else. He had a perfect opportunity here to become the trigger man in the wildcat, yet he wants to hold onto his dream of being an NFL QB. Sorry Pat, but you will not be the QB for this or any other NFL team.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:48 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 11911
Location: Raleigh, NC
Parcells has never been one to be afraid to admit that he made a mistake and cut his losses. I would think Sparano and Ireland would be the same way.

RotoWorld wrote:
Dolphins QB Pat White was given one snap during Saturday night's preseason opener against the Buccaneers. What was the scenario? White was asked to come in and kneel the ball to end the game. That should tell you all you need to know about White's prospects for the season.


www.rotoworld.com

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
I was extremely upset with this...
1. It's the preseason. If you're going to give him snaps, then give him snaps.
2. He came in to kneel? Talk about killing his confidence (if he had any)

What was the point of this? If it was to send a message, it was extremely muddled. It was an embarrassment for White...if he's not good enough to play, then don't play him. Don't act like you're doing him a favor by taking the knee.
I know he didn't play well last year, but man I felt bad for him because everyone was staring at him wanting him to do something, but all he was asked to do was kneel the ball.
It was a joke, and honestly, that entire game I was disappointed. Bucs running open in the pass game, no pass rush, blocked punts, fumbles, dropped balls, procedure penalties....
It's preseason, but you expect a little more discipline than what was shown.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:45 am 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5103
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Iowafin wrote:
I was extremely upset with this...
1. It's the preseason. If you're going to give him snaps, then give him snaps.
2. He came in to kneel? Talk about killing his confidence (if he had any)

What was the point of this? If it was to send a message, it was extremely muddled. It was an embarrassment for White...if he's not good enough to play, then don't play him. Don't act like you're doing him a favor by taking the knee.
I know he didn't play well last year, but man I felt bad for him because everyone was staring at him wanting him to do something, but all he was asked to do was kneel the ball.
It was a joke, and honestly, that entire game I was disappointed. Bucs running open in the pass game, no pass rush, blocked punts, fumbles, dropped balls, procedure penalties....
It's preseason, but you expect a little more discipline than what was shown.


All sarcasm aside about Pat White I agree with this post.

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
 Post subject: Re: Pat White
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 am 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
FINesse wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
I was extremely upset with this...
1. It's the preseason. If you're going to give him snaps, then give him snaps.
2. He came in to kneel? Talk about killing his confidence (if he had any)

What was the point of this? If it was to send a message, it was extremely muddled. It was an embarrassment for White...if he's not good enough to play, then don't play him. Don't act like you're doing him a favor by taking the knee.
I know he didn't play well last year, but man I felt bad for him because everyone was staring at him wanting him to do something, but all he was asked to do was kneel the ball.
It was a joke, and honestly, that entire game I was disappointed. Bucs running open in the pass game, no pass rush, blocked punts, fumbles, dropped balls, procedure penalties....
It's preseason, but you expect a little more discipline than what was shown.


All sarcasm aside about Pat White I agree with this post.


Yeah... and as a Pat White supporter my stomach was cringing... it's such a f'ed up way to do things.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Finhead34 and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r