View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 8/6 Morning and Evening Practice Report 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post 8/6 Morning and Evening Practice Report
Quote:
Dolphins rookie ILB Austin Spitler (illness) continues to miss the practices, allowing JD Folsom to gain some ground on him.

I keep waiting for CB Nolan Carroll to be moved up the depth chart but it hasn't happened yet.Still behind vets Jason Allen and Evan Oglesby

Ike Alama-Francis' emergence as a run stuffing OLBer makes Charlie Anderson's versatility less important. He hasn't worked with starters yet

Jared Odrick is getting better at playing the 5-technique every day. Have a hard time believing he won't open the exhibition season starting

Even though Paul Soliai is no longer running with the starters at NT, he's showing improvement.Still think he's a 4-3 DT though. Down to 345

Players coming off ACL injuries usually only participate in one practice per day, but that hasn't been the case with Pat Cobbs & Will Allen

Brandon Marshall, Patrick Cobbs & Will Allen are all back at practice after Sparano gave them day of Thursday. Don't know how much work yet.

Joe Berger began Friday morning's practice as the first-team center. Coach Tony Sparano says he's looking for toughness from that spot.

Rookie John Jerry continues to be the only offensive guard who hasn't been moved off the first-team unit. He'll go into 1st game there.

Dolphins OG Richie Incognito started his second day of Dolphins practice working with the first team offense as the left guard.

http://twitter.com/omarkelly

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:09 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: 8/6 Morning Practice Report
Quote:
Sparano said Chris Clemons has made one mental error in 238 plays. He's had most snaps. There will come a point where team need to back off.

Sparano said the return job is wide open. Said he wants to see Patrick Cobbs and Tristan Davis do it. Still no mention of Taurus Johnson.

Sparano hinted that early in the preseason the Dolphins will be using Tyler Thigpen and Pat White more. No need to see Pennington.

Sparano said Chad Pennington has had 99 reps so far. "I don't need to see him that much. I know what Chad needs."

Sparano said Joe Berger and Jake Grove are both super smart and allow the team to trouble shoot a little bit.

Sparano said TE Anthony Fasano is looking good. Team is making more of an emphasis to get him into the mix, especially working with Marshall

Sparano said he'll have to go through two periods of overtime practice to prepare the team for the new rules.

Sparano said Davone Bess is crafty and draws attention in the slot,but he isn't going to exclusively work in there.His work ethic is stellar

Sparano said he could fall a asleep watching Andrew Hartline go against 3rd team defense, so he shook it up and moved him to 1st team yest.

Sparano said he's at a stage now where the players need to get some urgency at all positions. Team will start preparing for games soon.

Tony Sparano said he tells his players all the time it's a show me game. There is no entitlement.

"I've seen some things out of Jason Allen I've liked because of his competitiveness," Sparano said of the former 1st round pick.

Sparano said Sean Smith has done a good job, but Jason Allen has had his hands on the ball more than any other cornerback.

Tony Sparano confirmed that WR Greg Camarillo tweaked his leg in Friday's practice and doesn't know his status.

The NFL's information guide lists Dolphins CB Sean Smith as Hispanic. The Spanish reporters here plan to do an expose to uncover THE TRUTH.

I was told that Dolphins C Jake Grove simply suffered a leg bruise. Nothing serious. Interested to what happens in the afternoon session.

Dolphins C Jake Grove limped off the field after having a bad collision in the final minutes of practice. Don't know if he's seriously hurt

http://twitter.com/omarkelly

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:59 am
Profile YIM

Post Re: 8/6 Morning Practice Report
Evening......

Quote:
Today's practice is going inside the bubble, so if you're headed to Davie turn around because it's about to storm.

Nate Ness and Jason Allen are presently the second team cornerbacks. That's a promotion for Ness.

Dolphins starting RT Vernon Carey is not practicing. Nate Garner is filling in as the starter.

Dolphins WR Greg Camarillo, who strained a groin in the morning session, is sitting out the afternoon practice.

Patrick Cobbs is not practicing. He's riding the bike to rest his ACL injury.

Rookie ILBer Austin Spitler, who has been sick, is riding the exercise bike. Forward progress.

Andrew Hartline is working as the first team center. Not sure how much Jake Grove is working due to the bruise from today's morning session.

Signing David Martin is a brilliant move considering he was a dynamic stretch the field TE in 2008 season.

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:49 pm
Profile YIM

Post Re: 8/6 Morning and Evening Practice Report
I'm starting to invision myself with a Carroll jersey....My new "man crush" guy on the team. LOL

Hope Will Allen is ok......

Quote:
CB Jason Allen deflected a pass intended for Patrick Turner.

Lydon Murtha was working as the second team left tackle. Andrew Gardner was right tackle.

After beating Vontae Davis repeatedly during 1-on-1s, Brandon Marshall called him over to give advice. Isn't that nice.

Pat White was wild during the period of practice he worked. Nothing new there. He did complete a few passes.

Nolan Carroll broke up a pass to Davone Bess on the sideline.

Brandon Marshall beat Vontae Davis for an impressive 40-yard pass, but I'm told it really would have been a sack.

New Dolphins TE David Martin was sprinkled into Friday's work. But he did run with the starters during 7-on-7 work.

Randy Starks had deflected pass during team drills. Starks and Odrick are the nickel D-linemen.

Jake Grove was working as the first team center in Friday afternoon's practice. He did all the work despite a leg bruise.

Dolphins WR Brandon Marshall continuously roasted Vontae Davis during all drills. Nobody can defend Marshall one-on-one.

CB Will Allen possibly aggreviated his surgically repaired knee but kept practicing. But he wasn't playing well and should have shut it down

Rookie WR Marlon Moore made a few impressive catches during Friday's evening session, which was moved inside the bubble

Phinfever Live!!!

RIP, Tom

Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I hope Vontae is paying attention, he's very lucky to be able to go 1 on 1 with a guy like Marshall every day.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:24 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Looks like Jason Allen is finally having a good camp. Half a decade later...

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I am wondering if Smith or Davis might be negatively affected by being regularly toasted by Marshall?

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:44 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

^I would hope they realize that he is an elite receiver and is making them step up their game by having to cover him. going against him all the time in practice might be defeating at first, but it is only going to help out their game.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

00xtremeninja wrote:
^I would hope they realize that he is an elite receiver and is making them step up their game by having to cover him. going against him all the time in practice might be defeating at first, but it is only going to help out their game.

Part of a corners success can be defined by their confidence level. At some point they have to start making plays in camp, or else they could go into the season with diminished confidence.

If you're going to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]