View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dolphins receiver Turner is starting to turn heads again 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins receiver Turner is starting to turn heads again
Quote:
Patrick Turner caught a post in the left corner of the end zone for a touchdown during one-on-one drills earlier this week and his teammates acted as if he had just won a Grammy.

"Good job Pat!" one fellow Dolphins receiver yells before the rest echoed praise.

Roughly 20 minutes later Turner runs a crisp slant and makes a diving catch to move the chains. He had to muscle starting cornerback Vontae Davis out of position to bring in the grab.

"Way to be physical," a coach yells.

"Good catch Pat," linebacker Channing Crowder, a rival defender, says during that Wednesday's session.

These days the adoration has been coming daily, and it appears justified considering this Dolphins receiver's feet and hands have been singing some sweet tunes lately.

It's been a long time since Turner, last year's third-round pick, has been showered with praise, inside and outside of the Dolphins' organization. Actually, last training camp was the last time he deserved mention.

According to Sparano, what comes after that is up to him, and will likely be determined on how he performs during the scrimmages and exhibition season.

"Consistency for Pat is going to be important," Sparano said. "He's starting to play, doing some good things. He's made some good catches with his hands and gone and gotten the ball a few times. But the consistency thing is what I think is probably the most important."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:23 am
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Re: Dolphins receiver Turner is starting to turn heads again
Thanks Aqnor...We've been hearing alot about Turner this week. Hopefully we hear some good things from the scrimmages coming up. Can't wait to see him in action next week...

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:51 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

forgive me for not jumping on the Pat turner craze but, this sounds so familiar that it isn't funny. Can anyone remember Derek Hagan?

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:10 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

finfan808 wrote:
forgive me for not jumping on the Pat turner craze but, this sounds so familiar that it isn't funny. Can anyone remember Derek Hagan?

Well, familiar or not, if this Turner kid turns it around and becomes a viable threat, we'll be equipped with 2 big bodied, physical WR's to toss the ball up to

Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:55 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

finfan808 wrote:

Yup. I was immediately taken back to how excited everyone was with Ted Ginn during training camp...

Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:19 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I certainly hope Pat Turner has indeed turned the corner. Just a month ago, things really did not sound good and he looked to be a goner.

I want to see what Pat does when they don the pads. Like PZ said though, if he does come around, then you have another big, red zone threat. The more weapons the better.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:32 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

phinsfansc wrote:
I certainly hope Pat Turner has indeed turned the corner. Just a month ago, things really did not sound good and he looked to be a goner.

I want to see what Pat does when they don the pads. Like PZ said though, if he does come around, then you have another big, red zone threat. The more weapons the better.

I hope Turner does pan out because we could get value in a trade. The best thing for us to diversify the receiving corps is to trade Turner for a deep threat. If Miami has ever started a trend, it's that they like duplicate players. Ronnie and Ricky, Camarillo and Hartline, Bess and RGM, and last year it was Turner and Wilford. I am happy that Turner is developing thus far, but in the grand scheme of things we still need a guy with Ginn type speed who will actually catch the ball and make a difference.

as far as the red zone, traditionally with this regime, they have always favored pounding the rock and wildcat plays. However, it is MHO, that Fasano, Haynos, and Marshall are more than adequate "big" targets.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:49 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

finfan808 wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:

I hope Turner does pan out because we could get value in a trade. The best thing for us to diversify the receiving corps is to trade Turner for a deep threat. If Miami has ever started a trend, it's that they like duplicate players. Ronnie and Ricky, Camarillo and Hartline, Bess and RGM, and last year it was Turner and Wilford. I am happy that Turner is developing thus far, but in the grand scheme of things we still need a guy with Ginn type speed who will actually catch the ball and make a difference.

as far as the red zone, traditionally with this regime, they have always favored pounding the rock and wildcat plays. However, it is MHO, that Fasano, Haynos, and Marshall are more than adequate "big" targets.

I agree with your point about a speed guy and wish Miami would have held on to Ginn, just for that purpose and Ted's ability to stretch the field. That being said, the regime will give Turner every chance to make the team and if he does turn things around, they will not be in a rush to trade a 3rd round draft pick away.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Don't discount Hartline like that. We've seen him blaze away from the defense before to get down the field. I see that happenig a lot this year with all the safety attention on the other side of the field.

Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:17 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]