View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 PBP: 8/2 Evening practice report: Chad Henne erratic (?) 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post PBP: 8/2 Evening practice report: Chad Henne erratic (?)
7-of-10 and 4-of-6 = 11/16....Not sure about you guys but I think that is far from "erratic"...... :hithead:

Quote:
Throwing to a variety of receivers against a variety of defensive backs, Henne was 7-of-10 in a drill involving the QB, receivers and DBs. His best throw went for a touchdown on a seam route to Greg Camarillo, who got behind cornerback Will Allen.

Tyler Thigpen went 9-for-13 in the same drill, during which the quarterbacks faced no rush and had unlimited time to throw.

Henne was less impressive in a 7-on-7 drill later in the session, completing 4-of-6 but badly overthrowing Patrick Turner on an out route — Vontae Davis had excellent coverage — and underthrowing James Pruitt over the middle.

He did hook up with Brandon Marshall for a TD after Marshall had gotten five yards clear of Davis and the rest of the starting secondary.

Other highlights of what proved to be a spirited workout in the air-conditioned facility:

– Davis and rookies Ross Weaver and Nolan Carrolll came up with interceptions. Davis got his against Thigpen, Carroll against Chad Pennington and Weaver against Pat White.

More: http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... ssing-day/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: PBP: 8/2 Evening practice report: Chad Henne erratic (?)
hmm

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:21 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

If going 11 of 16 for two touchdowns and no interceptions is considered "erratic," I'll take erratic all season long.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I hate this time of year. A time when every pass is overanalyzed by people who don't really understand the context in which they were thrown, trying to glean insight about the entire season based on 16 passes while the players are wearing shorts and shells.

When something meaningful happens, let me know.

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:40 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Has Henne thrown an INT thus far in Training Camp? I don't think I've read it once thus far...

Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:26 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

tell you what.... our DB's are gonna have a great training camp. They have 4 completely different QBs throwing against them, giving them a plethera of variety in style and ability..... From Henne's rocket arm, to Penny's precision lame ducks, to Pat White's pray some one can catch something, to Thigpen's Favre-y improvisations...... These DB's are gonna have a taste of everything.......... Everything except the 6'5 monster (Roethlisberger/Jamarcus type)

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:44 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

eleaf wrote:
I hate this time of year. A time when every pass is overanalyzed by people who don't really understand the context in which they were thrown, trying to glean insight about the entire season based on 16 passes while the players are wearing shorts and shells.

When something meaningful happens, let me know.

Totally agree. Let's not forget that every quarterback is going threw arm fatigue on every team after a few days of training camp. They are learning to throw through it.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:50 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]