View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 AFC East Predictions from a Bills Fan......... 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

Post AFC East Predictions from a Bills Fan.........
1. New York Jets 13-3

They scare me because they are such a trendy pick. And I think Ryan's mouth can get him in trouble. But their defense is scary. If Sanchez can avoid being stupid and lead the offense to 13 points a game, they will win most of the time because not many teams will score more than 10 against that defense.

2. New England Patriots 10-6

Every year they are supposed to fall. And yet never do. I think this is the last year for them. Maybe they squeeze into the playoffs. Maybe not.

3. Miami Dolphins 9-7

I almost flopped them with the Patriots. I really think Miami and Henne need one more year. They will be good. But they are not better than the Patriots. Yet.

4. Buffalo Bills 3-13

This will be a long season. The Bills might be on the clock, so to speak. I do think they are starting all over, which is good and what they need to do. But the defense will be horrible for this season. No NT. One adequate DE. No OLBs. But they do have an outstanding secondary, perhaps one of the best in the NFL. (Leodis McKelvin will be a star in the 3-4 scheme). The offense needs 2 OTs, a QB and probably another WR. This is a long rebuilding process.

Thoughts?

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:36 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Post Re: AFC East Predictions from a Bills Fan.........
Bah... don't ride the dang Jets bandwagon son... they won't be that good.

Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:19 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

What PZ said.

I don't see NY winning more than 9 games. I think they have gotten worse this Off season, contrary to the media's salivating over it. LT over Jones, Vlad Duccasse over Faneca, Eric Smith(?) over Rhodes, McKnight over Leon Washington, RDE over Douglas....all of these are significant downgrades.

I also don't like Cromartie at all. There were rumors a while back about him being on the trade market, and Miami being linked and I was praying it wasn't true. He's awful. Jets fans' excuse is he was in zone in SD, and he'll be in man in NY. The guy can't cover anything short-intermediate and will get roasted by the AFC East's #2 WR's while Revis is on Marshall and Moss. He can't tackle and isn't a willing tackler, and isn't focused on football right now because of his financial situation/off the field issues.

They will be depending a lot on Shonn Greene, and as iowafin can probably attest, that's not a good idea. I doubt he can carry the load, and they better not have to depend on LT to do it if Greene goes down. People want to make excuses for the guy, but bottom line is he's done. He's slow, he's not explosive, there's no pow! like there used to be in his game. LT is washed up right now, IMO, and I'll be happy to see him on 3rd down for NY because it's a match-up I think most defenses can win at this point.

I'd like to start a rant on Mark Sanchez, but I'll just sum it up in a sentence or two. Guy doesn't have the self confidence, mental toughness or emotional stability to be an NFL QB and especially not in NY. People forget how bad he was once things started going poorly. When he throws a TD, he's 97' Brett Favre...when he throws a pick he's eating a hot dog on the sideline, and then throwing more picks. It took a players only meeting to cheer the guy back up and get him back up on his feet...are you kidding me? The guy won't last. A lot of talent, but just not enough mental toughness to LEAD a team, which is what he'll have to do this season.

A lot of people love Rex Ryan's style, (either openly or secretly). I do not and I think it's going to run him out of the NFL, at least as a Head Coach. You're already starting to see problems in their locker room because of it.

I'm not touching on the JT thing as I'm all cried out about that, but point is they are worse than last year and the only good move they made in the off season is Holmes, but even he's out for the first 4 games of the year. I think they'll have 3 losses before they play Buffalo, (NE, Miami, Baltimore is their first 3 games).

As for Miami, I agree they need one more year. However, I do think they are capable of winning 10-11 games. The offense should be very solid as it's got a lot of talent and serious depth across the board. If Mike Nolan can work his usual magic with the defense, you'll be seeing a very tough ball club to beat in South Florida this season. I'm just worried we don't have enough beef inside to stop the AFC North's power run game.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:11 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

DrLecter wrote:
3. Miami Dolphins 9-7

I almost flopped them with the Patriots. I really think Miami and Henne need one more year. They will be good. But they are not better than the Patriots. Yet.

People have us all over the place, but I think we'll surprise a lot of people. Henne is the key. How much has he developed? Can he take the next step forward.

The Jets could be good, but I am not too convinced that Rex Ryan is a good coach. We'll know after a few more years whether team really responds to him. On the whole they really did not look all that good last year. As far as the Patriots are concerned, you can never count them out. Belichick is starting to fail that defense. They need good corners in a bad way.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I am going to start taking bets from all of these suckers who have been sucking off the jets all off season. This is the most OVERRATED team I have ever seen. Mark it down now, they will not finish first or second in the division!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:52 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Our schedule is brutal!!!!!!!!! 5 wins in the 1st 10 games would be good

@ Buffalo
@ Minnesota
NY Jets
New England
5 BYE WEEK
@ Green Bay
Pittsburgh
@ Cincinnati
@ Baltimore
Tennessee
If we get 10 wins this year that would be a great season imo

Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

**UPDATED**

kev1321 wrote:

@ Buffalo W
@ Minnesota W
NY Jets W
New England W
5 BYE WEEK W
@ Green Bay W
Pittsburgh W
@ Cincinnati W
@ Baltimore W
Tennessee W

Yes, I even have us winning our bye week.... Call me an optimist... But I have a feeling.... :pumpiron:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:02 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

But that light green W vs. Minn. really has me concerned...

But 11 wins in 10 weeks would be good :runwiththeball:

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:43 pm

kev1321 wrote:
But that light green W vs. Minn. really has me concerned...

But 11 wins in 10 weeks would be good :runwiththeball:

Any given Sunday my friend... no team is unbeatable and we're not even to training camp yet.

Anything can happen.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

kev1321 wrote:

@ Buffalo
@ Minnesota
NY Jets
New England
5 BYE WEEK
@ Green Bay
Pittsburgh
@ Cincinnati
@ Baltimore
Tennessee

Win every game at home and steal one or two on the road and we'll be fine. If we want to be an elite team at the end of the year then that's what will have to happen.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Jets with no Holmes, Pats with no Welker... I don't think home games will be a problem up front. Minni will be rough, Green Bay will be horid (@ Lam)

It's not a cheesy schedule, but it plays well up front.

Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]