View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:39 pm



Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9333
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
A little "hype" just before training camp. Let's hope that it is more than hype.

Quote:
Fellow quarterback Chad Pennington said fans should prepare to be impressed.

"To see the transition he's made over the last year is phenomenal," Pennington said. "He's made such big strides. You watch him compared to when he came in last year, he's a totally different quarterback."



Quote:
White did his best to make up ground during the off-season - running back Ricky Williams called him the team's most improved player.

Coach Tony Sparano said White got back to work so quickly after the season that he had to be told to stay away from the Dolphins' training facility when the Indianapolis Colts were using it to prepare for the Super Bowl in early February.

"The guy has really put some time in," Sparano said at mini-camp. "He's watched a lot of tape, done a lot of studying on his own and with (quarterbacks coach) David Lee.

"You can start to see some of that now. He's going the right places with the ball and you're starting to see him hit some things a bit quicker, get to some second and third progressions. I like his progress."

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... s_dolphins

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
At least he has the work ethic.

White does not want to hear it, the coaches don't want to here it, and some fans don't want to hear it, but if he is going to make this team in the future he will have to show ability as a Slash. Henne is the future and present of this franchise. White has too much talent to be sitting the bench as a 3rd QB. Right now there is an open spot at the 5th WR position; I think that's what he should be targeting.


Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:50 am
Profile
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 8:22 pm
Posts: 695
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
I get a funny feeling in my gut that the Offense is trying to spin the pat white "development" to distract from his real role. Hear me out here.... the Pat package was a shotgun set, or a pistol set.... and in the final week he had the whole offense until he got knocked the F out. Every other team has film on him in our uni, and can see his "potential". Theres not much more to be seen from the wildcat, or the Dan Henning gimmickry to know what pat can/will/might do in this formation. With actual game footage, teams have had a whole offseason to plan against it..... And plus, 0-5, with a pick, and maybe 60 yards rushing isnt all to convincing tat he is capable of anything else except for his gimmickry...

Hence, Ricky has stated that Pat is the most improved this offseason. Sparano praises his development... now Penny is raving about his improvement..... With not much news circulating recently...... these little praises..... at strategic times..... may create the 'illusion' that White 'may' be capable of being a "Quarterback"...... How else can the Phins capitalize on Pat's skill set as a wildpat specialist than create the mystique that he can actually complete a pass, or that he can be a threat as a passer now?

Its just curious.... you hear a few snippets from coaches and veterans about an alleged "improvement"...... and we all know the tactics this Trifecta is capable of. I just have this funny feeling that all these praises and such are just smoke and mirrors trying to create hype that White is more than what we all know he is.... Hell, I hope its all true, but then again, i got this feeling that its all manufactured.......lets hope he shows "promise" in the preseason to keep this myth alive for the regular season....


Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Posts: 302
Location: Los Angeles, Ca.
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
HE SUCKS AND HAS NO BUSINESS AS A QB......PENNINGTON'S ARM INFLAMMATION HAS SPREAD TO HIS BRAIN !!!


Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3895
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
SkyHigh314 wrote:
Its just curious.... you hear a few snippets from coaches and veterans about an alleged "improvement"...... and we all know the tactics this Trifecta is capable of. I just have this funny feeling that all these praises and such are just smoke and mirrors trying to create hype that White is more than what we all know he is.... Hell, I hope its all true, but then again, i got this feeling that its all manufactured.......lets hope he shows "promise" in the preseason to keep this myth alive for the regular season....


What exactly do we know he is? People here will go on and on and on about how badly he sucks... with what sample size? How many plays did he actually get?

This argument is getting tiring.


Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:53 am
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:46 pm
Posts: 133
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
Dan Henning is a genius. Don't be surprised if we have a new wrinkle to the offense this year.

But this year, let's use it on the Jets. I hate those guys.

_________________
Image


Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
AOA001 wrote:
Dan Henning is a genius. Don't be surprised if we have a new wrinkle to the offense this year.

But this year, let's use it on the Jets. I hate those guys.


I keep forgetting who said it, but when Ronnie went down, someone on this board mentioned having Ricky take the snaps and having White run the motion.

Why on God's green earth White was being asked to fake the jet to Williams and then pound it up the middle is beyond me....the aforementioned makes so much more sense. Have White run to his left on a jet, and sometimes he turns it up field, and others it's a jet sweep pass....perfect.

So is Henning a genius?
No....he comes up with some good plays, but when guys on this board can come up with something that simple but he can't; you tend to wonder.

_________________
Image


Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:46 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 3978
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
I just cant help thinking White is gonna wind up flattened like a pancake again.

_________________
Extend Philbin!
Enough already , this is the best regime in the NFL ...by far!!
2014 Lazor Powered... THE MAKING OF A DYNASTY!!


Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:08 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3895
Post Re: Pennington: fans should be impressed with QB Pat White
Iowafin wrote:
AOA001 wrote:
Dan Henning is a genius. Don't be surprised if we have a new wrinkle to the offense this year.

But this year, let's use it on the Jets. I hate those guys.


I keep forgetting who said it, but when Ronnie went down, someone on this board mentioned having Ricky take the snaps and having White run the motion.

Why on God's green earth White was being asked to fake the jet to Williams and then pound it up the middle is beyond me....the aforementioned makes so much more sense. Have White run to his left on a jet, and sometimes he turns it up field, and others it's a jet sweep pass....perfect.

So is Henning a genius?
No....he comes up with some good plays, but when guys on this board can come up with something that simple but he can't; you tend to wonder.


Yeah I'll gladly take credit for that :yay:

But I wasn't the only one on here to mention it... it's just clear cut common sense. If White is in mid stride towards the outside and knows he wont get anywhere with the run, he can then dump it off in the flats as long as the play is designed to have a TE / FB / RB to be standing there, I would say throw it deep, but if he's being rushed he wont have enough time to wind up that throw.


Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:22 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.