View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Watever happened to this... 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Watever happened to this...
Now a days, we let opposing fans take over our stadium, have trouble selling out, and really on gameday never get that loud, (at least from what I can tell)....whatever happened to these days...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Watever happened to this...
I still can't believe the Bears were able to come that close.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:06 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

thats awesome

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:12 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

if I remember right, the monday night game against the Jets this year was rock'n

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:15 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

From what I hear from a friend who has season tickets. The crowds were much better this year. A lot of it has to do with the stadium we play in as well. They've got to figure out a way to get more seats closer to the field to give it that Orange Bowl feel.. like your over top the game. I'd love to hear it get louder in Joe Robbie.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Could always pipe in crowd noise lol

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:06 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

somewhat off topic. I'm going to the NFC Chamionship game in New Orleans. I expect my ears to bleed before the night is over.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:09 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Man, If they win....It will be a massive party in the "Big Easy".

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:35 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

And if they loose? Will it be Bush's fault again?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:38 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Ski_Money wrote:
And if they loose? Will it be Bush's fault again?

absolutely, I can't believe they haven't gotten rid of that bum yet

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:02 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Phins Rock wrote:
Now a days, we let opposing fans take over our stadium, have trouble selling out, and really on gameday never get that loud, (at least from what I can tell)....whatever happened to these days...

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

The simple is reason is this: Dolphins fans suck. We were 27th in the league in terms of percent of the stadium full (89%). The only teams lower than us were KC, Stl, Det, Jax, and Oak. That's the company we keep. And we won the division last year. If it weren't for opposing fans filling our stadium (that Pittsburgh game was downright embarassing) I bet we'd be probably 31st or 32nd in the league.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:38 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

1984phins wrote:
The simple is reason is this: Dolphins fans suck. We were 27th in the league in terms of percent of the stadium full (89%). The only teams lower than us were KC, Stl, Det, Jax, and Oak. That's the company we keep. And we won the division last year. If it weren't for opposing fans filling our stadium (that Pittsburgh game was downright embarassing) I bet we'd be probably 31st or 32nd in the league.

I'm surprised to hear this

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:36 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

MTFan wrote:
1984phins wrote:

I'm surprised to hear this

I dont think Dolphin fans suck. Everyone here seems to be very passionate about the dolphins and none of us suck.

Could it be the fact that there are so many people that move to south florida from all over the country and they are fans of the team from whatever city they came from??

I live up in NJ and live about 30 minutes from the meadowlands, every time I go to the Dolphins Jets game, I always hear from the Jets season ticket holders that the Miami game always has the most fans of any visiting team. Im sure it happens in alot of stadiums and not just in Miami. Now with places like Stub Hub and team ticket exchange sites, it makes it alot easier to get a hold of tickets when your favorite teams comes to where you live. I'm sure there are alot of Dolphins fans around the country that dont suck.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:58 pm

South Florida has always been a terrible sports town at least as long as I have been here ... since 81.

Dolphins ... premier franchise , definetly a football town ... has a hard tiime selling out , news stations at times had to buy remaining tickets just to get blacl out lifted. Stadium is always filled with opposing fans , before last season , the last home playoff game was gainst the Ravens & it did not sell out therefore it was balcked out , pathetic.

Marlins ... always contend despite of their low payroll , 2 championships in 10 years & at times less than 3000 fans in attendance. Home run balls hit into the upper deck just get picked up by the maintenance crew after the game because the upper (& middle) closed off due to lack of ticket sales. But they still get a new stadium??

Heat .... actually have blacked out whole sections of seats so it is harder to see all the empty seats on TV

Panthers ... just go to a game without tickets & you can scalp lower seats just before game time for less than face value ... it is so empty in that arena that you actually feel the coldness of the ice because of lack of body heat for lack of fans in the arena.

As for the Dolphins ... dont give the BS excuse that this is South Florida & there is so much other stuff to do ... we are talking about 8 games.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:31 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
the last home playoff game was gainst the Ravens & it did not sell out therefore it was balcked out , pathetic.

No, I'm pretty sure they sold out at the playoffs. Unless you're talking about 2001 when Bush choked on a peanut...I don't remember if that sold out or not.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:37 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Alot of people left Miami (and south Fl) since 1985......

Ya'll are more than welcome to come down....

But last years Playoff game vs the Ravens was electric, as was the Jet MNF this year.... First Fins Jets game where we were out in that kind of force in a long time....

"sold out" means nothing as advertisers will buy up tickets to keep from being a black out...

Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:54 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Great Video! I want rivals to be afraid to step into Perfectville

Whatever happened to grudges? Have we just become complacent with the business aspect of football & accepted that hated players are welcomed in our uniform. Look, I'm happy Penny helped us do something great last season but I'll be honest that I still don't feel completely right about it. That guy used to pick us apart when he wore jest green & because we were desperate we forgot that we hated losing to that noodle arm.

I'm not saying I dislike Chad Pennington but I am saying that a heated rivalry is one of the greatest parts of the game!

Whatever happened to hating other teams just for the sake of loyalty to the Miami Dolphins the Greatest Football Team?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:17 am

Before last year the Dolphins had a home playoff game vs. the Ravens , this is when Fiedler was the QB. That game was blacked out locally. Should have made it more clear ... sorry.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Ha, I was at this game. The Orange Bowl was rocking so hard pieces of concrete were falling from over our heads. That was a magical night in the OB.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:41 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

that vid was sweet

But i am a season ticket holder and that jest game this year was loud as well as the monday nigghter vs afc champs that we should of won. pats game was very loud as well. so its getting better since that awfull 1-15 season but we have to get more phin fans in there.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That was one of the first Dolphin games I ever saw. I was 5. I watched it on TV at my grandparents house.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

We're good as fans when we need to be. I was at the playoff game last season and you couldn't here yourself think most of the time. And trust me, the fans DO NOT suck. Our problem is that we don't have many, not that we're not good. Dolphin fans are absolutely nuts, the hardcore ones that is, I just think that there are too many casual fans that show up only during big games and when we're good. But I thought that attendence was up this season and seriously for how the stadium is built it gets pretty loud in there. It was louder during the playoff game in Dolphin Stadium than it was in the Orange Bowl when I watched our Canes pounce on VT 56-45 in '02 I believe it was.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:57 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I remember some 80s-90s Canes games in the Orange Bowl that would make my ears bleed. That was back when Miami football (Pro and College) was the hot ticket in town.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:00 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Whatever happened to this...
A little off topic, but I can not stand the fact that there is a baseball infield for half the year. It's embarrassing.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]