View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Looking good! 
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

Post Looking good!
Like the new board! It looks great (well, as great as a Dolphins board can look!)

Anyway, I had not been around in quite awhile and thought I would stop by for a visit.

Anybody coming up the beautiful city of Buffalo for the season opener? I know I will be there. I do not expect much from the Bills this year, but Buffalo-Miami games are always difficult for both teams, regardless of how bad one or the other is. And the Bills will have an advantage of having a new offense and defense that Miami will have not seen before.

If I get a chance, I'll put up some AFC East thoughts for the season later this week!

Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Looking good!
DrLecter wrote:
Like the new board! It looks great (well, as great as a Dolphins board can look!)

Anyway, I had not been around in quite awhile and thought I would stop by for a visit.

Anybody coming up the beautiful city of Buffalo for the season opener? I know I will be there. I do not expect much from the Bills this year, but Buffalo-Miami games are always difficult for both teams, regardless of how bad one or the other is. And the Bills will have an advantage of having a new offense and defense that Miami will have not seen before.

If I get a chance, I'll put up some AFC East thoughts for the season later this week!

We've never seen a Chan Gailey offense? Really? :ann0y:

And who cares about your defense. Brandon Marshall's coming out party is going to be one heck of a show! :yay:

Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:07 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

i think Henne has revenge on his mind for those 3 picks in the final 2 mins last year....... advantage Dolphins... Buffalo will be the doormat on our second perfect season :grin:

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:39 am
Phinfever Global Moderator

DrLecter wrote:

What's up Doc. Welcome back!

You're definitely right about Buffalo-Miami always being tough. I always get cocky about playing them, and then the Phins find a way to lose...even when Ricky rushes for 220+. lol.

I'm not worried about their "new" offense and defense. You can have as new a scheme as you want, if you don't have the personnel in place, it doesn't matter. To me, Buffalo's O-line, QB play, lack of talent at WR and TE to support Evans, and lack of experience in Gailey's spread offense, the Bills attack is anything to be concerned about. I know a lot of people fear CJ Spiller; I was not a fan of his coming out of Clemson. I think he can be an awesome return man, and can do some things catching out of the backfield and as a very occasional runner, but to base your offense around him would be a mistake, IMO.

Defensively Buffalo and Miami are both in transition. But, from a Buffalo standpoint, what personnel do they have for the 34? From what I can tell they'll be counting on a rookie NT out of UCF (name escapes me right now), Reggie Torbor as a starter at OLB since Maybin's development has been slower than had been hoped, and they can't find a spot for one of their best players in Mitchell on the starting front 7.

Not trying to be too cocky, but, I'm going to disagree with you about the Bills having a new scheme on both sides of the ball, and that will help them early on. I think it's the opposite. I think because of the lack of personnel and experience running those schemes, they'll struggle.

Hopefully Miami plays the way they did in our first meeting last season, and the first half of the game in Buffalo. I'm pretty confident that Miami can go in and take care of business. Miami's run game will be too much for you guys at the end of the day, and the Dolphins D matches you guys, and bests you in the speed vs. speed match-up. 27-6 Miami.

Hopefully I'll be there to see it. It's a long drive up.

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:53 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

This is one of there only sold out games up here....think there will be alot of pissed off buffalo fans at that game and many more lol I love it. Miami 27 Buffalo 6...JMO

Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:48 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Because the opposite of what I say is going to happen is what always ACTUALLY happens: Buffalo 31, Miami 0 :)

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:45 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Welcome back, Doc.

It's been hard to find a lot of good about your Bills this year, but Gil Brandt thinks your OL will be better this year.

Gil Brandt wrote:
And I do think the O-line might be better than you think. The Bills had 13 different starters on the OL last year. If the starters stay healthy this year, that will automatically bring some improvement.

A lot of people were down on Gailey when he was our Offensive Coordinator, but I actually liked him. He got the ball in the hands of his playmakers. In fact, Wannstedt's best two years were with Gailey as his OC. Of course, this was fresh off of the heels of Jimmy Johnson.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
To me, Buffalo's O-line, QB play, lack of talent at WR and TE to support Evans, and lack of experience in Gailey's spread offense, the Bills attack is anything to be concerned about.

Jay Fielder, Lamar Smith, Leslie Shepard, Bert Emmanuel, and Jed Weaver didn't exactly scream points, but it was effective enough to win 12 games and a division title.
Not to mention the lack of anything special on the O-line. Buffalo has Lee Evans, and a trio of backs...neither of which the Dolphins had.

However, the NFL has changed over the last 10 years. The cheating New England Patriots and the league's new rules to help them have paved the way for an absolute NEED to win anything in this league.

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:31 pm
Honorary BILLS Fan
Honorary BILLS Fan

Phins Rock wrote:
DrLecter wrote:

What's up Doc. Welcome back!

You're definitely right about Buffalo-Miami always being tough. I always get cocky about playing them, and then the Phins find a way to lose...even when Ricky rushes for 220+. lol.

I'm not worried about their "new" offense and defense. You can have as new a scheme as you want, if you don't have the personnel in place, it doesn't matter. To me, Buffalo's O-line, QB play, lack of talent at WR and TE to support Evans, and lack of experience in Gailey's spread offense, the Bills attack is anything to be concerned about. I know a lot of people fear CJ Spiller; I was not a fan of his coming out of Clemson. I think he can be an awesome return man, and can do some things catching out of the backfield and as a very occasional runner, but to base your offense around him would be a mistake, IMO.

Defensively Buffalo and Miami are both in transition. But, from a Buffalo standpoint, what personnel do they have for the 34? From what I can tell they'll be counting on a rookie NT out of UCF (name escapes me right now), Reggie Torbor as a starter at OLB since Maybin's development has been slower than had been hoped, and they can't find a spot for one of their best players in Mitchell on the starting front 7.

Not trying to be too cocky, but, I'm going to disagree with you about the Bills having a new scheme on both sides of the ball, and that will help them early on. I think it's the opposite. I think because of the lack of personnel and experience running those schemes, they'll struggle.

Hopefully Miami plays the way they did in our first meeting last season, and the first half of the game in Buffalo. I'm pretty confident that Miami can go in and take care of business. Miami's run game will be too much for you guys at the end of the day, and the Dolphins D matches you guys, and bests you in the speed vs. speed match-up. 27-6 Miami.

Hopefully I'll be there to see it. It's a long drive up.

I agree with much of what you said with a few exceptions. One, they do have talent at TE. There is not many guys I am high on with the Bills, but Shawn Nelson will be a very good TE. Not a Witten or Gates, but a solid guy.

They do have poor personnel for a 3-4. No doubt. Poz will be a good fit inside. I could not disagree more on Mitchell. He is terrible. He can go anytime. I doubt he starts this year.

And I love Spiller. I think he is going to be special. He is a playmaker. The OTs are a major issue as is QB and #2 WR. The interior OL is pretty good and has two solid young guys in Levitre and Wood (who has Pro Bowl ability).

Overall it will be a long season.

And come on up. Wish we could have some snow for you though.....

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:28 pm

No thanks Doc. I'll be getting my share on snow this year Week 17 in Foxboro. Lol.

Still hoping I can make it though.

I forgot about Wood. I loved him coming out of Louisville. Thought Levitre was the only young one inside. PP should be a stud inside, unfortunately he'll have nobody to protect him.

Good luck this season Doc, outside of Weeks 1 and 15!

Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]