View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 We need to draft a QB 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post We need to draft a QB
I think we should do this almost every year.

In a later round we should draft a 6'3" to 6'6", 210-240 pound QB with a strong arm That would give Pat White some real competition and maybe convince him to start working on being a WR/PR/QB etc.

In the 6th round last year, QB's Mike Teel, Tom Brandstater, Keith Null and Curtis Painter were drafted and all of them made their teams.

Keith Null and Curtis Painter were still on the board for us in the 6th round when we took OT A.Gardner. And in the 7th round, 18 picks after we took linebacker JD Folsom (in a pick that once was ours) the Patriots took their WR/PR/QB in Julian Edelman.

Either Keith Null or Curtis Painter would have beaten out Pat White in a fair QB competition. And in a fair competition, Julian Edelman would have beaten him out as a "Athlete".

With Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen we now have two players who can win games as real NFL QBs. I think we should have a 3th player who can play QB in the NFL.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:31 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: We need to draft a QB
No

Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It makes sense if you don't already have areas of need. That late round pick could be used to pick up someone to fill a linebacker spot or something. Not a third string quarterback. Yes, maybe next year it will be wise to do so, but not this year. Too many needs.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

LikeUntoGod wrote:
I think we should do this almost every year.

In a later round we should draft a 6'3" to 6'6", 210-240 pound QB with a strong arm That would give Pat White some real competition and maybe convince him to start working on being a WR/PR/QB etc.

In the 6th round last year, QB's Mike Teel, Tom Brandstater, Keith Null and Curtis Painter were drafted and all of them made their teams.

Keith Null and Curtis Painter were still on the board for us in the 6th round when we took OT A.Gardner. And in the 7th round, 18 picks after we took linebacker JD Folsom (in a pick that once was ours) the Patriots took their WR/PR/QB in Julian Edelman.

Either Keith Null or Curtis Painter would have beaten out Pat White in a fair QB competition. And in a fair competition, Julian Edelman would have beaten him out as a "Athlete".

With Chad Henne and Tyler Thigpen we now have two players who can win games as real NFL QBs. I think we should have a 3th player who can play QB in the NFL.

would you want to resign chad p lug???????
if so we wouldnt need to draft another qb

that p white pick has cost us a bit , i thought we may have seen him lined up in the slot by now
at the mo he is no nfl qb

lug please tell these guys who iam , they seem to think iam some1 else

Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:02 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a QB in round 6 or 7..........those picks are used on project type players......however I would like to see them get 2 guys that could start learning how to play NT with those picks......since it generally takes 2-3 seasons to really understand the technique involved in playing that in the NFL, you need to keep brining guys in and trying to develop them right?

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Hey pat white fits our style. We are gonna stick with him let him get more comfortable and see what happens. They Can draft a guy or pick one one in undrafted free agents and have him on pratice squad if they want. But we have too many hole that need to be filled to use a pick on a QB.

I like the pat white pick not at the spot we got him, But think he will be just fine.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:34 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Parcells drafts a QB every year. He will again. Excpect one.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:18 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I think this year we have 3x6th and 2x7th round picks.

4 QBs who were drafted in the 6th round last year made their teams and are now playing in the NFL.

I'd prefer that Pennington stay and round out the 3 with Henne and Thigpen but if Pennington goes then IMO, we should take a flyer on someone, at least to get another arm in camp.

I think everyone agrees that the most important position in the NFL is QB, so if you are going to use a late round pick on a player, take a tall, strong armed QB.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:16 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

got any1 u fancy in the draft????

Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:34 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

moley wrote:
got any1 u fancy in the draft????

lol

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Ski_Money wrote:
Parcells drafts a QB every year. He will again. Excpect one.

I wont be expecting one. Didn't we kind of already draft a QB with the pick we gave KC.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:20 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

It does not matter if we spent 12 picks on a QB, ATM, we only have two real NFL QBs with Henne and Thigpen. So QB is a need.

QB is almost always a need, it is the most important position on a NFL football team. If you can find a NFL QB every 3-4 years by taking one in the 6th round that is a much better use of the pick then finding a linebacker/offensive linemen every 2-3 years.

I'd like Pennington to return but I'm not sure he will.

Pat White should be on our roster only as a WR/PR like Brad Smith etc.

We had ZERO QB competition last year.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:59 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think this year we could look at Bill Stull in the later rounds even though he is a Wannstedt product, but he was pretty efficient.

Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If Tim Tebow is there in the 3rd...do you take him? How about the 4th?

Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]