View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
 Draft Options 

Draft Options
Hold a live draft for 2 hours, do a long draft for the rest. 91%  91%  [ 10 ]
Hold a live draft for the entire draft. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Continue to do the long draft as we have done in the past. 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11

Draft Options 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Draft Options
Keep in mind that to do a live draft it will be hard to get everyone there. I want to start our draft the first week of August. Thoughts?

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:18 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

Post Re: Draft Options
I think for the later rounds, a long draft is best as you need some time to research and all that. But I don't think we need to research a ton for the top tier players. I like the first option.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:20 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:
I think for the later rounds, a long draft is best as you need some time to research and all that. But I don't think we need to research a ton for the top tier players. I like the first option.

I agree, JP. We can even stretch the draft to 3 hours to get more done. It is up to you all if we go that route.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:22 pm
Profile WWW
Assistant FFL Commish
Assistant FFL Commish

Thanks for gettin things rolling. I'm stoked!!!
I'm good with the proposed 2 to 3 hour period for initial rounds with the remaining rounds taking place over the next several weeks.

Last edited by TennFinFan13 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 pm

TennFinFan13 wrote:
First off, Thanks for gettin things rolling. I'm stoked!!!
I'm good with the proposed context of an intial 2 to 3 hour round with the remaining rounds taking place over the next several weeks. Question: How many minutes between rounds. I assume if a owner can't attend for personal reasons he can predraft or "myfantasyleague.com" will pick the player based on ADP
I love it. We've got July to work out any nuances. Lets gets some feedback! .........Lets get Owner commitment locked in. I'm in...my money's. been sent Lets find out who playing, who's dropping out, and who willing to join in with the current "5-Keeper Format". New owners must be willing to take on a previously drafted 5-keeper team.

Me too man. I have to regain the title! Two years, two regular season best records, but I chocked in the playoffs last year. Gotta bounce back!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:43 pm
Assistant FFL Commish
Assistant FFL Commish

Your going down...Turner is healthy....championship is mine...!!!!

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:54 pm

TennFinFan13 wrote:
Your going down...Turner is healthy....championship is mine...!!!!

So is DeAngelo Williams....Andre Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Gates, Addai, Eli......Can you keep up with that Tennessee??
:ann0y: :stiffarm:

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:01 pm
Assistant FFL Commish
Assistant FFL Commish

with a little luck.....it can all happen

Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:58 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

5 keepers is way too much... and if i remember correctly this is the first time we've even had keepers so I'm not sure where the "like we've always done" comes from...

As for the draft, I like option 1.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:13 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Yeah, I don't know why we even voted on the keepers... and the vote won to only keep 2 keepers but yet, we are still keeping 5. If you look at the results...

Vote to keep 2 keepers / 1 Player per position won... second was a tie between a complete re-draft and 5 keepers no restrictions....

So, if you look at that the top vote getter and a tied vote for second wanted to change the way we did keepers...

Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 am

Guys,

You guys had voted for the keepers. Me and Dave had not discussed it though and we don't feel it's up for discussion. We have done 5 keepers for the past two years, so I'm not sure why we should be doing it differently this year.

We'll be doing 5 keepers, max of 2 per position like we have been doing so far.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:39 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

So we have no say in how the league is run?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:33 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Well, to be frank, PZ did tell you in the post that we all were discussing the situation. Here is what he wrote

This was on: Fri May 21, 2010 6:21 am
PZ wrote:
Sounds like a good idea Iowa has going there.

JP I setup a poll in a new thread, hope you don't mind... figured it'd help us get a better idea of what the majority of the teams want.

So in over a month, you couldn't have told us that it wasn't up for discussion? Or could have taken the poll down? Or told the league what was going on?

So, I take it we have no say in how the league runs, or you guys seem to have no regard to our opinions on how the majority feels .... so, I'll bow out graciously gentlemen.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:48 am

Coots wrote:
Well, to be frank, PZ did tell you in the post that we all were discussing the situation. Here is what he wrote

This was on: Fri May 21, 2010 6:21 am
PZ wrote:
Sounds like a good idea Iowa has going there.

JP I setup a poll in a new thread, hope you don't mind... figured it'd help us get a better idea of what the majority of the teams want.

So in over a month, you couldn't have told us that it wasn't up for discussion? Or could have taken the poll down? Or told the league what was going on?

So, I take it we have no say in how the league runs, or you guys seem to have no regard to our opinions on how the majority feels .... so, I'll bow out graciously gentlemen.

To be honest I had forgotten about it. Like Dave said man, we appreciate your guys' input. It's just that this topic Dave and I didn't feel was up for debate.

I understand your beef about it, but come on PZ, of course you guys have say. it's just this one topic.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:14 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Well, you say it's "just the one topic" like a politician tries to sell something the majority doesn't want. It might be just "one little ol' topic" but obviously it's an important one that the majority of the league wanted changed. I'm not being a smartass or anything, I'm simply giving my .02

It's cool with me, I'll step aside this year, and y'all can fill it with whomever.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:21 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

I just think a lot of the members concerns would raise a red flag with how the league keepers are setup. Clearly the majority believes 5 keepers is far too many.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:33 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

We had 5 keepers last year: no more than 2 at any position. Ring a bell? I am also in one of Tom's other leagues where it is set up for 5 keepers. It has never changed in 8 years. I've set this league up to be the same way. My suggestion is that you draft wisely each year. I am not going to penalize teams that have drafted well in their first two years. I do not even remember who is on my team, but I am sure my was average last year.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:55 am
Profile WWW

Coots wrote:
Well, you say it's "just the one topic" like a politician tries to sell something the majority doesn't want. It might be just "one little ol' topic" but obviously it's an important one that the majority of the league wanted changed. I'm not being a smartass or anything, I'm simply giving my .02

It's cool with me, I'll step aside this year, and y'all can fill it with whomever.

Come on Coots. Again I understand your side here, but isn't it unfair to boycott the league now because you don't get what you want, and just pass it on to someone else. Why should we give you a team next year if you're not going to stick around for this season? it's unfair to the rest of us, and especially to whoever you pass your team onto, whether it's a great one or a lousy one.

The best analogy I can think of is all the members in the Dolphin Talk forum creating a topic and a poll on why TennesseeFinFan13 should be a mod (sorry for picking on you here Tenn, lol). Maybe 75% of them voted yes because they feel it's good for the site and he's a nice guy who will bring good attributes to it. That might be good and dandy, but us Mods and the owner never discussed it and don't feel it's necessary or the right thing to do. So we should promote Tennessee to mod now, and anybody else who the members want?

Truth of the matter is that it was never a decision that had to be made. You guys opened it up and then just expected Dave and I to just accept it because it's what some of you want. That's not fair to Dave. I don't mean to be a pushy or demanding you-know-what here, but what do you want me to say?

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:08 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

I think this is a much different scenario than the Mod situation. We are all paying to be a part of this league so changes to the league should be discussed in an open format considering we all have an equal stake in the league.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:52 am

IamPZ wrote:
I think this is a much different scenario than the Mod situation. We are all paying to be a part of this league so changes to the league should be discussed in an open format considering we all have an equal stake in the league.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1558

Then contributing members only...

You get the point.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:57 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

JP wrote:
Come on Coots. Again I understand your side here, but isn't it unfair to boycott the league now because you don't get what you want, and just pass it on to someone else. Why should we give you a team next year if you're not going to stick around for this season? it's unfair to the rest of us, and especially to whoever you pass your team onto, whether it's a great one or a lousy one.

Hmmpf, if you'll remember correctly I voted for change last year... so boycotting the league... hardly. I just don't want to play aynmore. I thought a re-draft of rosters... and a live draft may help me stay up with it. Also, go back and look last year, after the forever long draft... I had no interest in any games.... I never changed my roster up... so, I didn't even play last year.

So Im simply getting out. Not because as you say "can't have my way" ....

I'm not some 10 year old child JP.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Again, as I said, I modelled this league just as Tom had created another league: 5 keepers. It was never up for discussion. Everyone's in the same boat with good and average players.

As an example, Rich and I discussed this a month or so ago. He was all ready going to leave the FFL as he didn't like his 5 keepers. He decided to stick it out and try to improve his team. I am in a Dynasty League and my team tanked out last year in last place. I have to rebuild. Rather than Nick Saban it, I am going to Bill Parcells my team back to the top. I enjoy the challenge and I think you all should, too. There's more to this league than winning. There's a lot of comraderie and challenges.

You all are wearing me out.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:25 pm
Profile WWW

Coots wrote:
JP wrote:

Hmmpf, if you'll remember correctly I voted for change last year... so boycotting the league... hardly. I just don't want to play aynmore. I thought a re-draft of rosters... and a live draft may help me stay up with it. Also, go back and look last year, after the forever long draft... I had no interest in any games.... I never changed my roster up... so, I didn't even play last year.

So Im simply getting out. Not because as you say "can't have my way" ....

I'm not some 10 year old child JP.

Sorry if that's the way I come across Brad. Not trying to boss you guys around or anything, but I'm just a tired of all this.

Didn't know that's how you felt before. It's your decision obviously. But as Dave said, and I'm with him, it's a nice challenge and a fun one to have to rebuild a team. I love doing it in fantasy football, madden franchise, whatever. Love trying to rebuild teams.

I hope you stay, but, if you're not having fun, I guess it would be silly to stay.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:41 pm
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Again, those are donors... not the same situation... but w/e we obviously dont have much of a say here so I'll just go with the flow... I'm not afraid of the challenge, I just feel 5 keepers kills it... it's way too many...

Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]