View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 WR crew for 2010... its easier if you just vote 

Who would you cut/trade if you had to get rid of one of these last year's starters?
Greg Camarillo 45%  45%  [ 14 ]
Brian Hartline 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Ted Ginn Jr 45%  45%  [ 14 ]
Davone Bess 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 31

WR crew for 2010... its easier if you just vote 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post WR crew for 2010... its easier if you just vote
Just vote... add a post with your pick! Im just courious :hithead:

I would try and trade Camarillo or even Bess for his market value...

Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: WR crew for 2010... its easier if you just vote
Hartline.

Cam is more than a 1 year performer for us.
Ginn is the only deep play threat we have.
Bess was by far our most valuable receiving asset last season and wouldn't even sniff FA.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:46 pm
Profile WWW
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

I voted Ginn, even with his late season improved performance. I think we could get more for him in a trade and I don't think he will ever really "get it".

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:48 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

eleaf wrote:
Hartline.

Bess was by far our most valuable receiving asset last season and wouldn't even sniff FA.

You would cut a rookie who had 31 catches for 500 yards and 3 TDs before you would cut a guy who has had 3 years to show he is a deep threat and only has one deep catch to show for it?

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:50 pm

ytnewton wrote:
I voted Ginn, even with his late season improved performance. I think we could get more for him in a trade and I don't think he will ever really "get it".

His late season improvement consisted of one good game against Houston...

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is ridiculous. Once again, I'm very happy that none of you guys are the GM of my favorite team.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Iowafin wrote:
This is ridiculous. Once again, I'm very happy that none of you guys are the GM of my favorite team.

I'm with you. Brian Hartline led receivers in touchdowns and yards per catch as a ROOKIE FOURTH ROUND PICK....

And some people would actually choose to cut him over Ginn the deep threat who has one over the top catch in three seasons.

Incredible.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:54 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I voted Bess. By trade. I think Cam do do everything Bess can and catches the ball just as well plus Bess has trade value at this curent contract, no cap hit and just about every passing team is looking for a slot receiver.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Hartline.

You would cut a rookie who had 31 catches for 500 yards and 3 TDs before you would cut a guy who has had 3 years to show he is a deep threat and only has one deep catch to show for it?

How are you defining "deep catch?" Anything over 80 yards?

But yes, I would cut or move Hartline before Ginn.

Bess isn't even in the conversation IMO, and neither is Camarillo. Since Hartline and Cam are similar, I'd get rid of one of them and use the remaining others. No need for the same receiver repeated over and over.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:08 pm
Profile WWW

eleaf wrote:

Anything where the ball travels 20 yards or more in the air. Ginn had three catches of 20 yards or more this year. Hartline had 5.

Quote:

Even though Hartline had more receiving yards and TDs despite the fact that Ginn started 6 times more games.

Quote:
Since Hartline and Cam are similar, I'd get rid of one of them and use the remaining others. No need for the same receiver repeated over and over.

Hartline and Camarillo are 5.3 yards per catch apart.... just because they have the same size and skin tone doesn't mean they are the same type of player.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
eleaf wrote:

Anything where the ball travels 20 yards or more in the air. Ginn had three catches of 20 yards or more this year. Hartline had 5.

Quote:

Even though Hartline had more receiving yards and TDs despite the fact that Ginn started 6 times more games.

Quote:
Since Hartline and Cam are similar, I'd get rid of one of them and use the remaining others. No need for the same receiver repeated over and over.

Hartline and Camarillo are 5.3 yards per catch apart.... just because they have the same size and skin tone doesn't mean they are the same type of player.

Cam was also coming off of a serious injury and started very slowly. He is as reliable as they come, not dropping a single pass this season. Even Bess had a couple of drops, and I consider him the best asset at receiver we have.

For the me the option is not Hartline or Ginn. They are completely different receivers. The option for me is between Cam and Hartline (Bess IMO is the only "untouchable" receiver on the roster - he doesn't go anywhere). Between those 2 I choose to keep Camarillo.

Of course all of it is academic if we can't get "the guy" this offseason.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:30 pm
Profile WWW

eleaf wrote:
For the me the option is not Hartline or Ginn. They are completely different receivers. The option for me is between Cam and Hartline (Bess IMO is the only "untouchable" receiver on the roster - he doesn't go anywhere). Between those 2 I choose to keep Camarillo.

So in essense you choose to get rid of the guy that is farther ahead of the curve at this point in his career.

Makes perfect sense.

31 catches for 506 yards and 3 TDs would be pretty good for a receiver taken in the mid to late first round.

Taken in the 4th it is exceptional.

Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I voted for Ginn, but I would only like to see him go as a trade. I think he is a great return man, but is sub par to mediocre at best as a WR. And he is really an under achiever at that position especially when you consider the money he was paid and the draft choice used to acquire him. I also don't think he will ever really be much more than a #2 or #3 WR. He drops more passes than the others, isn't aggressive going to get the ball, avoids contact and just doesn't fill the role as a #1 WR. If Miami keeps him long term, I think it is because of his return skills and not his contributions to the offense. That makes him a very expensive return man. And a luxury for a team with so many other pressing needs. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to tie that amount of money up in a good return man. I am basing this opinion entirely on his dismal return on the $ and draft pick Miami has invested in him so far and not his potential. :fart:

Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:51 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I voted for Camarillo. He is a good player, but his skill set is limited. I think Hartline is currently our best deep threat....and for that reason, I value him as our best receiver. Bess is a great slot receiver....and he is starting to get some better yards per catch with Henne at QB....he is growing in capability. Ginn is a lousy wide receiver, but I still see value from him as a return man. I am sure he will screw that up too though, given time.....but at least he takes one or two to the house every year.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Bye bye Ginn Family. Can't catch a ball in a wide open field.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Tough question for which I am glad I don't have to make a decision. They all have value, they all bring something to the table, yet none of them are outstanding. I say trade the one with the most trade value. I don't think I would cut any of them unless we could find no trade partners.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
I voted for Camarillo. He is a good player, but his skill set is limited. I think Hartline is currently our best deep threat....and for that reason, I value him as our best receiver. Bess is a great slot receiver....and he is starting to get some better yards per catch with Henne at QB....he is growing in capability. Ginn is a lousy wide receiver, but I still see value from him as a return man. I am sure he will screw that up too though, given time.....but at least he takes one or two to the house every year.

I'd gladly give up that one or two returns per year for the number of clutch plays that Camarillo is able to make. Give him a full year after that injury and he will put up some numbers. He's a good route runner and has great hands. You don't just throw those guys away.
Dump the inconsistency...even you said Ginn will find a way to screw up returns. Fact is, he does. He fumbles them, he runs backwards, and he flat scares me when the ball is in his hands...at any moment he is a liability.

Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:02 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

eleaf wrote:
Hartline.

What a joke dude. Hartline is a rookie and showed a TON of promise. He made big clutch plays for us all year. TON of upside. He will surpass Camarillo next year.

You gotta say Camarillo IMO. I love the guy. The talent just isn't there. Bess is currently our most talented receiver. Hartline is the up and comer.

It would be either Camarillo or Ginn. And I just can't see taking Camarillo over Ginn when we have a VERY similar and more talented guy in Davone Bess.

Camarillo will never be a star in this league. Bess, Hartline and yes even Ginn all have star potential. Bess could be one of the best slot guys in the league. Our Welker. Hartline and/or Ginn are a good #2. We just need a #1.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Ginn better get reliable fast if he wants to stay. He left way too many plays on the field this season.

Camarillo was coming off an ACL. Caught 72% of the passes thrown his way.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Camarillo is someone I will be loyal to. He gave us our only win in 2007 and makes some great plays all the time for us. Everyone on that list makes great plays every week except Ginn. He makes a great play every other week. Give us a Marshall or equivlent, and the rest will blossom as well.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:51 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

if we do cut someone it would be patrick turner hes obvisouly the worst wr on the team if he didnt even suit up

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:03 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I bet he stays.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:04 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Hartline.

dang, those stats are dang similar to the deep threat you reference rookie stats. Except one of these players had Lemon/Beck as their QB.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:15 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I think it is time for the Dolphin's to cut their losses with Ginn. Is it possible to grade the 2007 draft as an F- yet???

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
Rich wrote:
eleaf wrote:
Hartline.

dang, those stats are dang similar to the deep threat you reference rookie stats. Except one of these players had Lemon/Beck as their QB.

Also dang similar to the stats that he put up in his 3rd year. Not to mention Ginn was the number receiver his rookie year, and Hartline was coming off the bench and essentially picked up those numbers in half a season.

Give me a break. Ginn has Pennington and Henne throwing to him now 2 more years under his belt, a rookie is playing the same as him?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:29 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Mindtornado wrote:
I think it is time for the Dolphin's to cut their losses with Ginn. Is it possible to grade the 2007 draft as an F- yet???

Brandon Fields ended up ok

whatever happended to Lorenzo Booker?

Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

MTFan wrote:
Mindtornado wrote:

Brandon Fields ended up ok

whatever happended to Lorenzo Booker?

He was traded to the Eagles for a third rounder...still there as far as I know.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I say get rid of Ginn.

Hate to say it, he fits the bill as return man, but his pricetag vs. production sucks at WR.

The guy runs to the sidelines like Ed McMahon is waiting there for him with a big check.... and what good is a deep threat if he can't catch? Ginn is the only guy in that receiving corps who shows an unacceptable level of toughness.

Bill Parcells has always preached three words.... they're written in giant letters throughout the facility....
"SMART, TOUGH, DISCIPLINED" i believe they are.....

I feel like Ginn is the only one in the group not playing up to this team philosophy, and therefore ought to be the odd man out.
I can call all of the other guys Smart, Tough, and Disciplined..... I definitely can't say all those things for Ginn.

The only thing Ginn does consistently is underperform. I'd like to get some value for him, but I don't see why another team would give up anything worthwhile for him.

Speed is great, but if you don't have the other attributes required to score a touchdown, then what's the point? *cough* Oakland *cough*
We should have drafted Willis instead of Ginn, this would be a much better team if that were the case.

For those of you who haven't seen this video....... try and see if you can make it through the whole thing without cursing aloud.....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Last edited by Bones on Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:04 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Camarillo is nothing special, he has peaked.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:10 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

I went with getting rid of the oldest guy...

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ
2011 NCAA Pick 'Em Champ

Rich wrote:
ytnewton wrote:

His late season improvement consisted of one good game against Houston...

You are absolutely right Rich. I didn't realize it was that bad until I looked at it. I am even more confident now that Ginn should be the one.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

i don't see how anyone could watch the video I posted above and then say: "now there's a guy I want on my football team when the game is on the line."

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:43 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Bones wrote:
For those of you who haven't seen this video....... try and see if you can make it through the whole thing without cursing aloud.....

0:44-0:47 rofl :) funny crap The guy has awful hands when you highlight it that way, but I'll never forget watching that game and that hit where he flew back 5 yards and beer squirting out of my nose I was laughing so hard.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

That video is awesome in many ways, but the first for me is when Cameron says, "Ted Ginn is a Miami Dolphin" and the reaction of Joey Porter just sums it all up.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:40 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:16 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

That first video has to be my favorite play of the year.....

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:36 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Even in those videos you hear the commentators with their criticisms. Tirico says "Ginn, who has been invisible the last couple of weeks." And Simms, "I was about to yell, 'protect the ball' look at how he gets it away from his body!"

He's a liability. You want that big play on a kickoff? So be it, keep him and let him returns kicks. Just know that he will fumble one, and a majority of the time will set you up in average or worse field position.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:40 pm

The Hen wrote:
That first video has to be my favorite play of the year.....

Me too man. I went absolutely nuts on that one. Still gives me chills everytime I see it.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:56 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

phins rock, I am surprised you posted those. I could just see Iowas face turning red.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

I gotta know who voted for Bess and why

Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next