View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Conference Re-alignment 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Conference Re-alignment
So now the Big 10 has 12 teams and the Big 12 has 10 teams, do they swap conference names too? Just a thought. I alwys wondered what would happen to those conferences with number in them when they expaned on contracted.

The Big 12 used to be called the Big 8 I believe. Even though the Big 10 had 11 teams, they always had the number 11 hidden in their conference logo.

Will the Pac-10 now be called the Pac-12?

Anyone know if these conferences will be renamed??

Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Conference Re-alignment
phinsfanmel wrote:
So now the Big 10 has 12 teams and the Big 12 has 10 teams, do they swap conference names too? Just a thought. I alwys wondered what would happen to those conferences with number in them when they expaned on contracted.

The Big 12 used to be called the Big 8 I believe. Even though the Big 10 had 11 teams, they always had the number 11 hidden in their conference logo.

Will the Pac-10 now be called the Pac-12?

Anyone know if these conferences will be renamed??

I know that the Big 10 had discussed being called the Mega 12 or something like that if they managed to get a 12th team because the presumption was that the Big 12 would remain...but the Big 12 is licensed and the Big 10 wouldn't be able to just 'swap' it.
The Pac-10 will most like be the Pac-12. I have no idea what the Big 12 will be called....word was, that should ISU, Kansas, and Kansas St. be left out, they'd formed the Heartland Conference with teams like Butler, UNI, etc., so maybe they will go with that.
The Big 10 is still looking to add 2 or 4 teams. I'm doubtful it will happen, but teams like Rutgers, Pittsburgh and Syracuse have been given offers.

Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:05 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think they should rename the Big 10, the Big 12 and rename the Big 12, the Small 10.

Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:13 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Pac 10 has now added Utah, great move for the utes, I think they should grab Boise State too, would be sick

Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:39 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

All of this is confusing to me. :(

Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:16 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

enJeppesen wrote:
All of this is confusing to me. :(

Lol..they are just conferences adding more teams. That is all. When the dust settles, and everyone takes their seat, it will be the same teams, just new seats for some.

The biggest thing, I think are the automatic bids. Do they take it away to the "Big 12"? I don't know why they would. Utah goes into the "Pac-10" so they can now play more confidently for a national championship. Someone needs to pick up TCU and BSU so there is no more whining about undefeated teams that don't play in a "power" conference.

I honestly believe that someone like BSU isn't as good as a power conference team....give an underdog the chance to play an Oklahoma, and give them some trick plays and hope and yeah, you can win. But can you do it week in and week out against those big schools? I don't think so.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]