View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Ricky: Dolphins produced offensively in '09 despite injuries 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Ricky: Dolphins produced offensively in '09 despite injuries
Quote:
``The way I look at our offense is through all the injuries we had - we lost our starting running back, we lost our starting quarterback, we lost our starting center, and we lost a (starting) guard,'' said running back Ricky Williams, who rushed for 1,121 yards and established a NFL record for longest time between 1,000-yard rushing seasons (six years). ``For us to continue to produce on offense all through that last year I'm excited we're adding another piece (Marshall). We're adding more talent to our squad.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Ques ... c-84781350

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:54 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Ricky: Dolphins produced offensively in '09 despite injuries
Try tellin' that to Frustrated Fin.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:32 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Ricky: Dolphins produced offensively in '09 despite injuries
Big Dave wrote:
Quote:
``The way I look at our offense is through all the injuries we had - we lost our starting running back, we lost our starting quarterback, we lost our starting center, and we lost a (starting) guard,'' said running back Ricky Williams, who rushed for 1,121 yards and established a NFL record for longest time between 1,000-yard rushing seasons (six years). ``For us to continue to produce on offense all through that last year I'm excited we're adding another piece (Marshall). We're adding more talent to our squad.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Ques ... c-84781350

Look , I agree with all that but as of now I will take wins over stats. The injuries were killer but the injury to Pennington was a good thing because this team was going nowhere with him at QB.
Ricky stepped up when Ronnie went down and as the feature back put up numbers just as Marshall will do this season because he is our only deep threat.
Still the only number I would have liked was 1 .... that is win 1 of the last 3 very winable games & you just might have made the playoffs which would have put a different light on the season.
Not saying I dont like this team or the direction (boy is that a cliche already) .. I do ... but I just cant sugar coat or brown nose every off season statement as to why we will be better ... I just have been hearing it for so many years now it has got to translate to wins on Sundays coupled with post season wins.

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]