View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Anybody here a big hockey fan? 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Anybody here a big hockey fan?
The Bruins have the number 2 overall pick this year, (thank you Toronto!!), and from what I understand it's going to come down to Taylor Hall and Tyler Seguin. I'm sitting here watching Hall play right now, and he's really impressing me. He also plays left wing, a position the Bruins desperately need a playmaker at.

Anybody a big enough fan to know anything about Seguin??

Mon May 17, 2010 6:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Anybody here a big hockey fan?
I am a fan of the Penguins, but I don't follow enough to know the rookies and such.

Mon May 17, 2010 7:57 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I only watch the playoffs.......so not a real fan, guess that's why I'm in here and not on a Hokey site talking football.....lol

Mon May 17, 2010 8:16 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

here's a little blurb on the top three http://communities.canada.com/shareit/b ... draft.aspx

I think Hall is more the player that the Bruins could utilize but the word is around these parts is that Hall won't make it past the Oilers first pick overall..

It's weird because at the beginning of the season central scouting had Taylor Hall ranked #1 but around mid season hall and Seguin were flip flopping at the top of the rankings..

Your still getting a good player in Tyler Seguin though...everyone wants that play making center man in their line up and you might get that with this pick but I really think you guy's could really use Hall's explosiveness and speed in Claude Julien's boring coaching style..

Tue May 18, 2010 10:15 pm

I completely agree paydurt. That's what we need...an Alex Ovechkin. The Bruins don't need another big body in the middle. They need a winger who can sprint up and down the ice and make plays that way.

Thanks for the info!

Fri May 28, 2010 4:28 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I'm a huge Penguins fan. Not happy about exiting to the Canadiens the way that we did. :cry:

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:17 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm currently a 'Canes fan, but it was good to see the Blackhawks win it. It's been almost 50 years since their last championship.

Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

I'm a Pens fan also.

But I do like this song when the hawks score.....

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

bumping a pretty old thread, but I am a big hockey fan. Love the Wild. Me and Paydurt might have to take jabs at eachother during the nhl season as it appears he is a fan of the Nucks. =)

To the OP, I think Seguin has the talent to make an immediate impact ala Toews, Kane, Traveres, etc. I haven't followed the Bruins off season enough to know who they dealt away and who they kept, but if he has a good center to set him up he should put up good numbers. I loved watching Blake Wheeler as a Gopher and hope he has continued success with the Bruins.

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:34 pm

Opinions on the Niemi / Turco situation in Chicago?? I guess we will see if Turco has just been a good goalie on some bad teams. I wonder if Niemi will ever see that 2.75.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:09 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Turco is a proven goaltender, although I can't stand his BS antics (he is known to push back on the net a bit and will move it back so the net will be dislodged and play will stop).

I am not 100% sold on Niemi. Yes he helped win a cup in Chicago, BUT more often than not it is the goaltenders who are thrown into those situations that do great. Montreal, Philly, and Chicago all were using backups or minor leaguers and they got far. Powerhouse teams and predicted favorites like Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Vancouver all faltered with goalies who are world class talent.

Niemi also had one hell of a good team playing in front of him, which is why I am also not sold on him just yet. When you have a defense who can shut things down in front of you, you are taking on less shots and of course your stats will look good. Case in point is the Wild. Backstrom looked awesome with the Lemaire defensive style in front of him. Now that we have a new coach and more offensively driven system his numbers went down and exposed his flaws.

Long winded answer, but I am not thinking Niemi is going to be a savior for a struggling team.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:06 am

I thnk Turco will be fine as well. The BHawks were / are stacked but we will see what next season brings with their salary cutting.
Last seasons playoffs were crazy ... all those #1's going down in the first round & then the Flyers catching fire after making the playoffs on the last day of the season.
BTW - as a Ranger fan , are they the Redskins of the NHL?

Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:02 am
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

rangers fan eh? i guess that would be a nice comparison redskins to rangers. New York has some really good talent on their team, but you are enduring the pain of Gaborik. Wild fans know all too well how frustrating it is to see someone with amazing skill and talent all go to waste with his glass groin and he is out for 1/4-1/2 the season.

you guys also picked up Boogard from us in FA. Fan favorite, prolly the best enforcer in the league right now, but stone hands. Enforcers are a dying breed due to the instigator penalty. I dunno how much they are needed in the East either because East style hockey is more known for their speed and offense.

Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]