View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Peter King: the die is being cast in Miami on Koa Misi 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Peter King: the die is being cast in Miami on Koa Misi
Quote:
2. I think the die is being cast in Miami. In the Dolphins' first full-squad minicamp over the weekend, Koa Misi, the second-round draft pick (and my choice for Rookie With the Most Pressure on Him in 2010) from Utah, was working with the first unit at outside linebacker. Interesting decision with Misi, a tireless effort guy.

Miami had the 12th overall pick in the first round and spent lots of time in the film room studying Derrick Morgan, the Georgia Tech edge rusher. But Bill Parcells was determined to get back the second-round pick he lost in the Brandon Marshall trade with Denver, and so passed on Morgan (who might not have been the pick anyway; DeMaryius Thomas was a strong candidate for the choice). The Dolphins, in essence, traded that 12th pick for two starting defensive players -- Jared Odrick, a run-playing defensive end, and Misi, possibly the edge-rusher they've been missing.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... mqb/2.html

Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:39 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Peter King: the die is being cast in Miami on Koa Misi
No surprise here, thats what they drafted the guy for. He fits the mold of the (olb)'s they like to use....lets just hope this 2nd round pick turns out better then the last to we have made..

Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:26 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Andy Cohen chimes in. Parcells is hoping that he got two starters for one.

Andy Cohen wrote:
Jared Odrick and Koa Misi were not drafted one-two to sit around for a couple of years and learn. There is no such luxury in today’s NFL. I expect these two players to get every opportunity to start, something that began to take form in mini camp. Watch them every day. See how they improve. See if the Dolphins are getting what they hoped they would.

The Dolphins need these two players to come through. They need Odrick to offer quality play at defensive end in order to help facilitate the move of Randy Starks to nose tackle. They need his intensity, his leadership, his play-making ability. They need Misi to step in at outside linebacker and be a difference-maker. Whether it is sacks, tackles, forced fumbles or just creating havoc, it is important that Misi live up to the lofty expectations that have accompanied his entrance into the league.

With both players, we are dealing with a high maturity level. There is a reason they were captains of their college teams. They are quality players, both capable of becoming significant pieces on this defense. The Dolphins sure hope it happens in a hurry.

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/andy- ... camp-nears

Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever FFL Commish
Phinfever FFL Commish

I can hardly wait for pre-season!!

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:03 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Quote:
Koa Misi, the second-round draft pick (and my choice for Rookie With the Most Pressure on Him in 2010) from Utah

Ummm... why is him under the most pressure again? All rookies are under pressure, but why specifically him? :hithead:

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:12 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dan wrote:
Quote:
Koa Misi, the second-round draft pick (and my choice for Rookie With the Most Pressure on Him in 2010) from Utah

Ummm... why is him under the most pressure again? All rookies are under pressure, but why specifically him? :hithead:

most pressure on the team, yes .. most pressure in the NFL, no.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:13 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:
No surprise here, thats what they drafted the guy for. He fits the mold of the (olb)'s they like to use....lets just hope this 2nd round pick turns out better then the last to we have made..

The last two 2nd round picks? Granted one was Pat White, but the other was Sean Smith. Not a bad pick at all in my opinion.

Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:57 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

jimmygintheuk wrote:
phinphan-n-buffalo wrote:

The last two 2nd round picks? Granted one was Pat White, but the other was Sean Smith. Not a bad pick at all in my opinion.

Was ment for P.Merling not S.Smith....my fault should have been more clear. P.Merling was sloted as a 1st round pick and feel to us in the second. Just hope he can put more plays together this year.

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:02 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Misi is under some amount of pressure, but then again so was Vontae Davis and Sean Smith last year. Anyone taken in the first two/three rounds has a lot of pressure on them. If you're drafted that high then there comes expectations to produce early on. Misi is just being thrust into that role early because there is a need at the position just like there was a need at cornerback last year. He's not the man in Miami with the most pressure on him though.
If you ask me, I'd say that Chad Henne has the most pressure on him. I know he's not a rookie, he's far from it in fact, but the owner just proclaimed him the next great Miami Dolphins quarterback and has said he'll lead us to the Super Bowl. We went out and got him a big time reciever in Brandon Marshall and are calling him our starter over veteran Chad Pennington before the season even starts. I'd say the weight of this team and how far we go has been placed on Henne's shoulders. If we succeed, it's because of Henne and his leadership. If we fail, then it's because he's not the great quarterback we hoped he would be. This season is huge for Henne!

Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]