View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Pete Prisco: Miami Dophins Overrated/Underrated 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Pete Prisco: Miami Dophins Overrated/Underrated
Quote:
Miami Dolphins

Overrated: C Jake Grove. Miami paid him a lot of money, but he wasn't their best center last season. Joe Berger was when he took over when Grove went down. They will have a camp battle this summer.

Underrated: DE Randy Starks. He was their best defensive player last season and one of the best 3-4 ends in the league. Somehow he didn't make the Pro Bowl. He should have.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1344 ... -giant/rss

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Sun May 30, 2010 9:08 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Pete Prisco: Miami Dophins Overrated/Underrated
According to the actual stats, Grove outplayed Berger. The thing is is that Berger played much better than expected and closed the gap. What would make Grove overrated to me is that me made 5 penalties to Berger's none, and Grove missed half the friggin' season.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:15 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I don't buy that. I realize that Smiley also missed time, and Ronnie went down, but I thought from a run blocking standpoint there was a clear difference between Grove and Berger.

I think their pass blocking is pretty similar as Berger is a pretty athletic guy, but as far as run blocking in concerned, Grove his the superior player by a good margin. Against 34 Defenses, I don't even think there's a debate Grove should be the starter.

Sun May 30, 2010 10:12 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
I don't buy that. I realize that Smiley also missed time, and Ronnie went down, but I thought from a run blocking standpoint there was a clear difference between Grove and Berger.

I think their pass blocking is pretty similar as Berger is a pretty athletic guy, but as far as run blocking in concerned, Grove his the superior player by a good margin. Against 34 Defenses, I don't even think there's a debate Grove should be the starter.

I agree, our run game was much stronger at the beginning of the season. We were arguably the best run team in the NFL the first half of the season. Injuries were our downfall. I think we're going to be a very good team this year if we can keep everyone healthy.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]