View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Bess won't give up #15.... and that's that 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Bess won't give up #15.... and that's that
Link: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/05/miami-dolphins-davone-bess-isnt-giving-up-his-number.html

I have to completley disagree on the "bad karma" of #19... I would love for him to pick that number and clean it up for good instead of being "afraid" that it might bring failure with it...

I like #85 or #87 as well.

Funny how we all (at least me) have been keeping up with his decision on the number when it should be the last thing on our minds right now.... but we all want our jersey don't we? lol

Fri May 28, 2010 12:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Bess won't give up #15.... and that's that
I don't want him to take 19. I hate that number. Should he wear that number, everything will always be compared to Ginn, and sports announcers will say things along the line of "this number 19 makes the catch." I'd prefer to just forget that loser.

Fri May 28, 2010 12:37 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Iowafin wrote:
I don't want him to take 19. I hate that number. Should he wear that number, everything will always be compared to Ginn, and sports announcers will say things along the line of "this number 19 makes the catch." I'd prefer to just forget that loser.

They will do that the first games... after that it will be forgotten... But whatever... I don't believe the number will affect on his production at all... that's just supersticious crap.

Fri May 28, 2010 12:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dan wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

They will do that the first games... after that it will be forgotten... But whatever... I don't believe the number will affect on his production at all... that's just supersticious crap.

Yeah, he could wear any number. He could go with no jersey at all and still play great....I just don't ever want to compare the guy to Ginn. There is no comparison unless he wears 19.

Fri May 28, 2010 12:42 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Quote:
Yeah, he could wear any number. He could go with no jersey at all and still play great....I just don't ever want to compare the guy to Ginn. There is no comparison unless he wears 19.

I understand and I respect your point. I just want him to pick a number already, if he already knows Bess doesn't want to sell it and they have both talked about it then that's that... I'm sure he has already picked his number and he's just making us guess... or wants to keep us on our heels so that when he makes it official, everyone buys his jersey that same day and breaks an NFL record!! :hithead:

Fri May 28, 2010 12:50 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dan wrote:
Link: http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_football_dolphins/2010/05/miami-dolphins-davone-bess-isnt-giving-up-his-number.html

I have to completley disagree on the "bad karma" of #19... I would love for him to pick that number and clean it up for good instead of being "afraid" that it might bring failure with it...

I like #85 or #87 as well.

Funny how we all (at least me) have been keeping up with his decision on the number when it should be the last thing on our minds right now.... but we all want our jersey don't we? lol

Why are there number preferences? I can understand wanting him to pick a number sooner so that you may order jersey, but who cares if he wears 18, 19, 87 etc? I get why you wuoldn;t want him to wear 19, or another linebacker to wear 54.. I just don't get why there are preferences to what number players choose.

Fri May 28, 2010 1:13 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I like that better than he gave me $xx to give him the #....

Bess is # 15, and Bess has been a great WR that came from nowhere for us. People will have their focus on alot more than the number on the jersey come game day with Brandon Marshall...

Fri May 28, 2010 1:54 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Screw Ginn - the No. 19 just sucks in general. Don't want to see a Dolphins WR wearing it. On top of that - add the stigma of Ginn - and there is no reason for him to have it on. 85 or 87 would be perfect - 8+7=15.

Fri May 28, 2010 2:25 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

First of all, Bess has earned every right to the number. He isn't a "diva" receiver and has EARNED the respect of teammates and fans everywhere he has been. It was never an issue with him. It's more an issue with Marshall and the media.

Secondly, Although Marshall is an exceptional receiver, is this how he really wants to begin his "fresh start" with the Dolphins? Does he really want to leave tidbits to the media who will spin this thing all way till he gets on the field. Either way, Marshall or the media should let this die and let's see who proves their worth ON the field not off.

Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

joeschmoe wrote:
Why are there number preferences?

Why are there any sort of preference? Team preference, color preference, television programming....seems like a ridiculous question, or a philosophical one.

Fri May 28, 2010 4:41 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I saw this picture on their Facebook link and had to add the caption.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Sat May 29, 2010 11:06 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

LOL, Lokki.

Bess has earned the right to keep that number. I think he will be in high demand if he becomes a free agent.

Sun May 30, 2010 7:33 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Lokki wrote:

Bess has had that number for two seasons and Marshall has only been in the league four years. If Bess was a backup with only one year in the league then it might make a difference but he's not. He's been our most productive receiver the past two years. I think Marshall needs to move on if he's really that flustered by it. He should be focusing on the playbook and creating some chemistry with Henne.

Sun May 30, 2010 8:32 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

wkloiber13 wrote:
Lokki wrote:

Bess has had that number for two seasons and Marshall has only been in the league four years. If Bess was a backup with only one year in the league then it might make a difference but he's not. He's been our most productive receiver the past two years. I think Marshall needs to move on if he's really that flustered by it. He should be focusing on the playbook and creating some chemistry with Henne.

Oh, I have no issue with Bess keeping the number. I just thought of this thread when I saw the picture, so I added the caption.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Sun May 30, 2010 9:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]